• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Oh yeah, Missy Elliot. I've known who she was for years, unlike i'm sure a good amount of people that were watching. But there were some nice constructed settings to the songs that were being performed... I heard Lose Control being played and knew that song well.

My parents went to the Superbowl in Jacksonville a decade ago, since the Eagles were there, but they said that game wasn't very satisfying.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Hello everybody!

I loved the Super Bowl this year but was so annoyed with the Seahawks' final offensive play. The halftime show was great but, I don't know if I'm in the minority here, I preferred Bruno Mars and RHCP last year.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I wish I would have been there. It actually happened in my state, but the tickets were an arm and a leg. :( I had to watch it on TV, but it made me squeal knowing she was actually in my state that night. \o/

Glendale was 4 hours away from me. My sister's friend's family were actually able to go that day. Lucky them. xD

Tickets on average are around...$1000? maybe more? I did my research, but if you buy them now for next year's Super Bowl, they'll be pretty cheap.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    And here's me sitting in Berlin like... "I don't even know what that is" Jk, I know what it is, just never seen it really.

Years
    That is true, but the party my dad and I went to had a big wide-screen TV, and we've been there every year since at least 2010. There were a lot of people present there, and a wide couch. I think that, combined with the appetizers, are enough to satisfy me. :P

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    And here's me sitting in Berlin like... "I don't even know what that is" Jk, I know what it is, just never seen it really.

Is there like a club for this xD Support group for people who live in countries where the Super Bowl isn't important/ barely existent.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Is there like a club for this xD Support group for people who live in countries where the Super Bowl isn't important/ barely existent.

I would immediately become a part of this, since the only time I see the Super Bowl mentioned is on here, and I have enough trouble trying to keep up with studies in a different language XD

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    My dad likes baseball, but other than that... we aren't really much into sports either.

I just has dental surgery done. Like omg... I'm so glad to get over with!

I looooove baseball. It's the only sport I really care about haha. Cardinals are my team!

I can't stand the dentist ;-; what did you have done?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Yeah. I understand baseball a little more than I do football. XD My dad roots for the Red Sox because we are from New England. X3

I had to have all my teeth pulled because they were bad. :x See, when I was a kid, my mom would tell me to go brush my teeth. I'd go into the bathroom and completely forget what I was told to do. It was hard for her to get me to brush them because back then my disability was pretty bad mental wise. D: Well, it caught up with me later in life and yeah... :(

Years
    My family has always liked baseball. My brother went to see the 2011 World Series game that the St. Louis Cardinals were in because he lived there during college (and does now), and he said it was one of the coolest things he had ever been to. That said, I do get baseball a bit more than football myself, too.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    I've been to a few of the Diamondbacks games here, but we haven't gotten lately because of money reasons. I've also been to see the Portland Seadogs in Maine when I was kid. We've never seen the Red Sox play before or any other team other than our state team.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I've always wanted to get involved into Baseball more, it's a sport which has only been slowly growing but it''s still incredibly small here. We've only ever had softball (and that's also pretty minimal here) and I didn't like it as much because I liked the baseball pitching style more than softball. Wish they showed games here because I haven't really made the effort to follow games on the net. Though little league I do enjoy watching the very few videos I have watched.

Years
    That's right, I think it starts in April but there will be the pre-season in March. Sadly, our home team has stunk it up the past couple years, even though they won the World Series in 2008 they kept slumping from there.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe we do need a sports section after all xD

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    That's right, I think it starts in April but there will be the pre-season in March. Sadly, our home team has stunk it up the past couple years, even though they won the World Series in 2008 they kept slumping from there.

That's what happened with the Red Sox as well. They fell into a slump after they won the world series in like... 2013? They also lost a lot of their players because they traded them. I just hope they do better this year. My dad stopped watching them because they weren't doing well at all. :/ So, hopefully this year will be better than the last.

Years
    Ah, I get that. What happened with the Phillies was:
    2008 - Despite not having a great performance, they somehow won the World Series.
    2009 - They did a bit better, but lost in the World Series.
    2010 - If i'm not mistaken, they did even better then, but lost in the playoffs.
    2011 - A better season once again, but didn't even make the playoffs.

And now some people say they're not as good because they're getting old. Logic, my friends.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    The Padres are very hopeful but they uh...don't win as much. I'm a longtime Angels fan, and I can't wait for this season to start. I know they'll do better. :D

I was happy that the Giants won the world series last year. They did great, but gotta give some respect to the Royals who played their asses off and made it to that point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back