• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I can't remember ever trying out onions for myself, and no it's not because they can make people cry. x( Although I might have to change that at some point.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    As someone who likes to cook as a hobby, I've tolerated the stench when chopping onions. Yeah, the smell is awful which is why I don't really like onions that much, but I use them a lot in the majority of my dishes haha.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    If you want to not cry while chopping onions, light a candle next to the cutting board. The flame will get rid of the bad air and you won't tear up. If you do, it's not nearly as intolerable -w-

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I feel like poop.

Red is for toppings to foods and if you're making your own salsa you use red onion, yellow is for everything else. The only thing I ever use sweet onion for is is my chili and fajitas.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    If you don't want to cry, run the faucet if you're next to it. Or just wear contact lenses, those things absolutely destroy any sense of irritation from basically anything.

As for onions, I prefer em caremlized, especially on my hot dogs. With some cheddar sauce. And loads of chili flakes.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    That's actually why a lot of foods that have special ingredients are delicious! Cooks cry into their foods all the time because of how brutal the kitchen is. You guy's have no idea how bland food would be without our tears! ;_;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Nah. Children's tears sure are sweeter and add a bunch of texture to the food, but the tear's of a virgin are easily the best. They're actually illegal in 190 countries.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    But I'm not looking to make any long term commitments, I just want to perfectly season my food stuffs.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Then I guess you can use the ashes to fertilize your home grown basil? Wait, are we still talking about cooking?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    This is getting too close to taking it too far. But I don't know, I can never see the edge until I'm already falling.

I never let the commitment last long enough to produce ash.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Oh, hey, Achro! Nice seeing you here...

So we're still talking about onions and the like?

I've noticed that this tread tends to take a random topic and just run with it for a while.

[CSDCC] the weather channel

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Squirrels? I actually one a couple of years back. Went campong with coworkers, and two days out from the parking a bear ate our rations. A squirrel popped up on our return, and we were starving, with no rabbits in sight. Fun times were had.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    You guy's have no idea how bland food would be without our tears! ;_;

Is that your secret ingredient or something? :P Because I'm quite curious.

I've noticed that this tread tends to take a random topic and just run with it for a while.

[CSDCC] the weather channel

This gif is highly accurate.

also accurate because i can relate to dug.

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah, i'm having a good enough day, even though it's snowing outside which is getting arduous at this point.

But we're always happy to have you here :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back