• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    What's funny is I was thinking just a few moments ago that I would love to make some chocolate chip cookies - except that I lack the most important ingredient, the chocolate chips - then I open this thread and I see a delicious cookie...

Not helping! :( I cannot make cookies right now baw. Although I do still have some cocoa on hand hmmm.

I don't know if I enjoy cooking anything specific, I just do it because I have to. Unless I want to eat nothing but pre-cooked meals, blech. I had never really done much cooking on my own before moving into my own place, I was kind of surprised to learn it was easier to pick up than I thought it would be. :X

Only thing that stops me is...tiny kitchen, and I get lazy when it comes to making room to do stuff. Except for times like now when I could really go for some fresh homemade cookies.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I can make a mean pasta bake, but that's about the extent of my cooking powess. That and I'm dreadfully afraid of working with a gas cooker. I prefer an electric one any day of the week!

Damn, that oreo-stuffed cookie looks amazing. <3 I've never tried baking any before, but perhaps I'll give it a try starting off with making cookies. Baking is more of my grandfather's thing, so maybe i'll ask him for some pro-tips.

Also, I'm loving the fact that some of the staff here are gradually turning their sig/avy combos into something Digimon related. <3 Can't wait for the new series to begin!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Also, I'm loving the fact that some of the staff here are gradually turning their sig/avy combos into something Digimon related. <3 Can't wait for the new series to begin!

As far as animes go, Digimon 1, 2 and Tamers really aren't the worst series around :3 I don't yet know what to expect from the new one, but it's gotta be good since the original characters are in it but redesigned!

Years
    Is it weird that I watched the Digimon anime when I was a kid and realized that I could never get into the series at all? The only thing I really liked was how adorable Patamon is, probably because he's their counterpart for Pikachu.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years

Wait, they are? (A new series?)

I was only a fan of the tamer series, but I'm going to go look for this now.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'll be honest. Digimon is one of the most forgettable series out there.
    I never liked it, and I doubt I ever will. It was just too dull for me.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Digimon holds a large place in my heart. I've watched a lot and all kinds of anime, but digimon will always hold out to be one of my favourites.

Wait, they are? (A new series?)

I was only a fan of the tamer series, but I'm going to go look for this now.

It's not just any new series, but the sequel and third addition to the Adventure series (the original season 1 and 2 series) which is why this isn't any ordinary reason for all the digimon fans to get hyped up about a new digimon season.
    Basically the third season is what happens between the end of season 2 but before it's epilogue to where they've all grown up and have kids who have their own digimon.

So much hype in the A&M section atm for it. Also it'll be in the same art style as the anime Tsuritama (since same artist) instead of the original digimon art style they originally had.

[CSDCC] the weather channel

haha every time I see one of the staff with a digimon theme I get really happy and excited on the inside for some reason xD

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I'll be honest. Digimon is one of the most forgettable series out there.
    I never liked it, and I doubt I ever will. It was just too dull for me.

I honestly didn't like Digimon until the Tamers series. I think what I liked most is that it was set in the real world. In the mid of a kid, it was something that could happen.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    omfg... I had the hugest obsession with Digimon at like sixteen. When I first came to PC, it was all Digimon for me. I actually had the pleasure of meeting the voice actor behind the Digimon Kaizer/Ken, who happened to be my childhood crush. It made me really happy too. I kind of miss those days. I'm actually glad they are making a movie, but I don't know if I'll watch it. It depends lol.

Skip Class

Years
    I'm actually glad they are making a movie, but I don't know if I'll watch it. It depends lol.

It's actually a full season not a movie :p

I almost met the voice actor of Takato from season 3, but missed out because he was away at lunch during the con. My friends ended up getting me his autograph the next day which sorta made up for it :pp

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    It's actually a full season not a movie :p

I almost met the voice actor of Takato from season 3, but missed out because he was away at lunch during the con. My friends ended up getting me his autograph the next day which sorta made up for it :pp

Oh really? I heard movie for some reason. O_o OH! I also met the voice actor who did Guilmon my first year as well. He's done a few other voices in Digimon as well. You guys might know this one since he's pretty popular. His name is Steve Blum.

Skip Class

Years
    Oh really? I heard movie for some reason. O_o OH! I also met the voice actor who did Guilmon my first year as well. He's done a few other voices in Digimon as well. You guys might know this one since he's pretty popular. His name is Steve Blum.

Steve Blum came to one of our cons here last year but it was in the city I'm not in so I was kinda bummed out about it!
    But yeah Tri. is really a new season following the second season:
    The sequel series will tell a "new story" "for all the 'DigiDestined' in the world." "Now, [once] again, the adventure evolves."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hope the posters reflect the art style they're gonna go with. It looks more like the movies than the series, which is a good thing.

Skip Class

Years
    I hope the posters reflect the art style they're gonna go with. It looks more like the movies than the series, which is a good thing.

Usually key visuals such as the poster reflect what's going to be the art style in the series itself. I loved the movie's artstyle as well, but it'll still have slight differences since it's going with a similar artstyle to Tsuritama (because same artist).

Any ideas on whether it will dubbed or subbed? I have a hard time paying much attention and understanding subs, so that's why I was wondering.

Definitely in subbed. Anime that airs first in Japan will more or less come out in sub first.
    Unless of course we are lucky and that funimation or someone picks it up at starts dubbing it like how lot of recent anime and starts dubbing it while it comes out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Usually key visuals such as the poster reflect what's going to be the art style in the series itself. I loved the movie's artstyle as well, but it'll still have slight differences since it's going with a similar artstyle to Tsuritama (because same artist).

Definitely in subbed. Anime that airs first in Japan will more or less come out in sub first.
    Unless of course we are lucky and that funimation or someone picks it up at starts dubbing it like how lot of recent anime and starts dubbing it while it comes out.

oh my
    god

I LOVE TSURITAMA and its style and its everything

I can't hype more. Where should I put all this hype? I cant

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Alex was kind enough to give me supportership haha, so hello VIP forum. :D

Also, while we're on the topic of Digimon, I'm really glad that the key art bears a striking similarity to the 2nd movie and Tsuritama, 'cause I dig that art style.

Skip Class

Years
    Alex was kind enough to give me supportership haha, so hello VIP forum. :D

I was starring at your username double taking whether if you were a supporter or not xD At the back of my head I always thought you were one haha!

But welcome to the side of the PC where the cool kids of PC lurk :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back