• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Dad, father, daddy, daddo, papa.' 'YES?!' 'Hi!'

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    lame title is lame, i know.

Anyways, do you pester your parents whenever you want something? For example, whenever I want to buy something online, I send my dad an email seeing if he responds. Do you do something similar? How often? How do your parents react?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Should I have grown out of that by now? nah...
    Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • No. :/ If it's something I don't really want to pay for, or at least don't want to pay entirely for by myself, I'll mention my intentions to get something and see what they think. But otherwise, I have my own income during the summers and since I can pay for whatever I want with my own money or credit card, I don't need to ask permission and I get a big nice NO whenever I ask for frivolous things. XD;

Though I did have to do this for my tuition just now. Leaned back in my chair and yelled into the kitchen, "DAD, I NEED TO PAY MY TUITION FOR THE TERM". Since I can't afford it myself and don't qualify for student loans because of my dad and mom's combined income, he goes, "Do you have enough in your bank account for it?" "Nope!" "When is it due?" and the yelled conversation ended with me writing down the amount and sticky-noting it to his laptop. :P But that's the extent of it.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I don't even try with my mum, as she is cheap. And I have inherited some of that cheapness and don't ask for my parents to buy me things. I plan to have a large inheritance. I could ask my dad, but then I have to have a conversation, and it's not worth it.

Years
  • I have all I need and further; I rarely ever ask for something, in fact I still didn't think of a birthday present, and my birthday was almost half a year ago.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I used to... then I started realizing that it wasn't working and it would only get me yelled at, so I stopped doing it... except via phone while away at college, then I'd have the option of hanging up if my plan to get some extra cash started to go south :P

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    if i was a rich girl NANANAANANA

Anyways, do you pester your parents whenever you want something?
    No. Even if I did, my parents would never agree to it anyway. I have enough money to get what I want for the meanwhile, though I may have to do a little bit of pestering if I can't qualify for a student loan to pay for university.

Years
  • I don't pester them for anything anymore since I don't live with them. I'm a grown woman now and can take care of myself. Besides, even if I desperately needed money I wouldn't bother them, because they're still not back on their feet financially iirc. They couldn't give me anything even if they wanted to. That and they kind of took loans out for me when I went to college still. If anything I owe them. A lot. -_-;

When I was living at home, I did very, very rarely. Basically the only time I asked them for anything was when I wanted to order something online. I couldn't since I didn't have a bank account. I'd just give them the money and they'd buy it for me. Never asked them for extra money or anything, because I got allowance and that was enough for me.

Years
  • No, because I am not 8 anymore.
    I hate seeing teenagers pestering their parents to get them something or to let them do something. I just feel that they are being ungrateful, spoilt kids! =[​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Too afraid to ask my parents for much. I hate asking people for things, cause it makes me feel rude and demanding. Like, I'll make a birthday list, but I don't like it to be read while I'm around. XD But nah, I don't pester them for stuff. I do like to say "hi mom!" a lot and she assumes I want something. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    My mom can usually tell when I want something and asks me what I want.

Though it depends on what it is she usually says yes. I do offer to pay for my stuff but my mom declines sooo there's nothing I can do there.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • When I want to go somewhere, usually I tell them last minute so they have to say yes. Other times it will be "but everyone else has one/is going" etc. And I like to nag, even though I don't usually get any results i want a really expensive phone D:<

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Nope. I've always believed, and been taught, that if I want something I should get it myself. If I'd ever have pestered my parents I'd have been told just that. I think it's way more rewarding to get it myself anyway. I even got a job pretty early in life so that I could have the stuff I want.

I also hate the idea of being spoiled (not saying that everyone who asks their parents for stuff is) and if I just get something I ask for given to me right then and there, I will almost definitely feel awful about it. I sometimes take this a little too far tho and refuse to take anything from anyone lol.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Yes, I always pester my parents if I want something. It works every once in a while, but I should really stop doing it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    "Oh dear father, I love you sososo much." "What do you want?" :(

My parents are the type of people who will get something for family when there is money for it. They always do get whatever it is I want or my brother wants eventually and in time though. We don't ask for things very often and we're very good children who listen to them so... 8D

"In time" and "eventually" can turn about to be in months though, we're definitely not rich and it's only natural that they'd forget and whatnot.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Not much anymore. But if I do need something I'll just find a way to get some money. :>
    Before it was "You look nice today mum", "Oh thanks honey", "Oh, is it okay if you could give me £20?" xDDD;

Years
  • I used to whine to get what I wanted. ..And I kinda did get what I wanted. I wasn't spoiled per say, but..yeah. Such is not the case now, of course. XD;

Back