• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I hope your teachers aren't that naive to think their students are going to be sleeping. Initially you may think you can get away with it, but if you have ever stood up in front of the class you can get a good view of the entire class which means if the teacher sees somebody that looks despondent he or she will be able to notice. Just like if somebody is texting. It is kind of noticeable after awhile regardless of how conspicuous you are about it. They have seen that stuff thousands of times they are used to kids trying to bs in class. Or at least this was how it was at my secondary schools(for the most part)

Well I should have clarified. I'm in college, so teachers really can't do anything about it. They can see it obviously, but at the college level they really don't care, to be brutally honest. At a younger level (Junior High and/or High School level) I'm sure they'd notice and/or care more then. But if you need a nap, then rest up. :) Largely missing one class won't hurt you.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    How relevant that I should stumble into a thread about sleep (Or lack thereof) after I fell asleep at 11pm last night and woke up 45 minutes ago (4:45am-ish). I hate my non-existant sleeping pattern.

As for falling asleep at school, doesn't everybody do that at some stage? I spent practically my entire final 2 years of secondary school semi-conscious, which may also explain why I didn't do so well im my GCSE's...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years

Well I should have clarified. I'm in college, so teachers really can't do anything about it. They can see it obviously, but at the college level they really don't care, to be brutally honest. At a younger level (Junior High and/or High School level) I'm sure they'd notice and/or care more then. But if you need a nap, then rest up. :) Largely missing one class won't hurt you.
    They already got your money, so to them you could go with out showing up for the rest of the semester and it wouldn't bother them in the slightest. Although they aren't too keen on people interrupting their lectures.

How relevant that I should stumble into a thread about sleep (Or lack thereof) after I fell asleep at 11pm last night and woke up 45 minutes ago (4:45am-ish). I hate my non-existant sleeping pattern.

As for falling asleep at school, doesn't everybody do that at some stage? I spent practically my entire final 2 years of secondary school semi-conscious, which may also explain why I didn't do so well im my GCSE's...
    I can't honestly remember being full blown out of it at school. Maybe drowsy, sleepy, taking a nap but never actually all the way asleep. My luck would be I fall asleep in class miss other classes then get counted truant. Our Psychology teacher was trying to do something on sleep and the whole class was supposed to be in a state of light sleep and I couldn't even do that after all the so called "soothing music" was playing.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I can't honestly remember being full blown out of it at school. Maybe drowsy, sleepy, taking a nap but never actually all the way asleep. My luck would be I fall asleep in class miss other classes then get counted truant. Our Psychology teacher was trying to do something on sleep and the whole class was supposed to be in a state of light sleep and I couldn't even do that after all the so called "soothing music" was playing.

Different strokes for different folks. I definitely wouldn't have passed up an invitation to sleep during one of my lessons haha.

Years
    They already got your money, so to them you could go with out showing up for the rest of the semester and it wouldn't bother them in the slightest. Although they aren't too keen on people interrupting their lectures.

Ain't that the truth xD

I've known some kids who went to class a grand total of 4-5 times throughout the semester, then showed up for the final, aced it, and got an A. Granted it was Anthropology, which is one giant lecture after the other.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Some classes I don't understand why they even need teachers. My computer concepts class the teacher lectured verbatim from the book. So basically it was either a waste of time to read or a waste of time to go to class. So I could see how a person could get by with doing that. Some classes enforce attended though. So if the student doesn't show they they can put them down as Academic Withdraw. And if they see they are not doing anything then just F.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I would rather go to class and listen personally. It's a lot harder to force myself to read, than to just sit there and absorb what the teacher is saying.

Years
    Some people consider reading to be fun. It mostly depends how much they are into the book. There are different types of learners too, so some of you could just be a listener than a reader. I'm kind of both. :s

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    I seem to have an easier time learning when reading from electronical devices (may it be a PC screen or a picture I took from the board with the stuff on it) while on papers I fail to remember anything.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I like going to a class that I'm most interested in. Like your favorite subject or your favorite teacher.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Still talking about teachers, lol. In high school, most of my teachers were pretty good. In college, I had a few standout math professors and one great one for chemistry, but lately (in graduate school) it feels like I've been saddled with the ones who just don't care about their students:/ Hence me sleeping in class more often than I did a few years ago...

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Still talking about teachers, lol. In high school, most of my teachers were pretty good. In college, I had a few standout math professors and one great one for chemistry, but lately (in graduate school) it feels like I've been saddled with the ones who just don't care about their students:/ Hence me sleeping in class more often than I did a few years ago...
    I sleep in class like, all the time. It's because of my alcohol addiction but.. not all the time.. mainly because of that though. I'll be in a total hangover at mornings.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

I sleep in class like, all the time. It's because of my alcohol addiction but.. not all the time.. mainly because of that though. I'll be in a total hangover at mornings.

If your addiction is such a hindrance to you, why don't you stop wasting your time here and actually get counseling? Most schools offer counseling with specialized therapists for free so you should look into it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back