• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Waitwaitwait, now that the topic's all about cats, the thread should be renamed The Daily Kitty-Cat! (Or, better yet, The Daily Cat Dog! But people probably shouldn't give me more of an ego...)

And obligatory photo of a cat hugging another cat:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I hope that the new title is to your liking good sir.

Dogs > cats btw.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Cats ~ Dogs

It completely depends on the breed for me. I LOVE Maine Coon cats. Love love love. I love a lot of cats, but then I dislike a lot too, and I love some dog breeds too. Labs are lovely, I used to have one, and Huskys, Leonbegers, SAINT BERNARDS, CHOW CHOWS ETC ETC

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Cats ~ Dogs

It completely depends on the breed for me. I LOVE Maine Coon cats. Love love love. I love a lot of cats, but then I dislike a lot too, and I love some dog breeds too. Labs are lovely, I used to have one, and Huskys, Leonbegers, SAINT BERNARDS, CHOW CHOWS ETC ETC

CHOWCHOWS AND SHIBA INUS! YESSS!
    Sharpeis are funny but I am not sure I'd want one .o.;; Too drooly..

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Dogs have nothing on the countless lolcat pics that have come from the godlike beings that are cats. Take this for example.

No I'm not being biased at all, only obeying the grand master that is poptart cat lol.

Years
    I am a cat person myself. I don't like dogs. They look at you with their pitiful puppy eyes. Man, last time I visited my best friend, one of his dogs tried to lick my face while I was lying on a couch. She jumped onto the couch and put her mouth towards me. Instinctively, I grabbed her by the throat and used my other hand to parry her face away from me. She tried to resist me, she really wanted to lick my face but I wasn't going to yield. Eventually I just stood up which ended the battle.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Still more funny than dogs so yeah. To each their own though.

But seriously though I prefer cats because at the very least they're not very noisy and they know how to respect your own space provided they're already fed first to name a few perks. That and it's hard to imagine a more relaxing scene than sitting down in front of the tv with a cat in your lap in the middle of the night tbh, least imo.

Oh and for the love of all that is holy get them fixed first, trust me on this you do not want to find out how pets are like after they reach puberty without the fixation >___<

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I did see a Yorkie the other day. Talk about cute ;o;

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Still more funny than dogs so yeah. To each their own though.

But seriously though I prefer cats because at the very least they're not very noisy and they know how to respect your own space provided they're already fed first to name a few perks. That and it's hard to imagine a more relaxing scene than sitting down in front of the tv with a cat in your lap in the middle of the night tbh, least imo.

Oh and for the love of all that is holy get them fixed first, trust me on this you do not want to find out how pets are like after they reach puberty without the fixation >___<
    Well, whether dogs "respect your space" or not is completely up to how you brought them up. Lots of people don't know how to bring up/train their dog well so there are a lot of people think it's normal when dogs just jump on you all the time but it's not, it's over excitement and you need to teach your dog to express it in another way, but ala.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Well, whether dogs "respect your space" or not is completely up to how you brought them up. Lots of people don't know how to bring up/train their dog well so there are a lot of people think it's normal when dogs just jump on you all the time but it's not, it's over excitement and you need to teach your dog to express it in another way, but ala.

Pity that seeing those kinds of dogs are so rare then in that case, considering most if not all of the dogs I've met over the years have either jumped up on me, rushed and barked at my face for hours, or worst case scenario started biting at my leg on sight. But then again that could be due to the upbringing they received from their owners at the time, sad part is they probably didn't even want to go the extra mile to teach their dog how to control their excitement but that's only the situations I've experienced so far in this short life of mine sadly.

Speaking of training a dog properly nowadays though, me mum's been training our dog Sophie for about 2 years now and at first I was less than eager to have her with us but now that she's become a lot more tame due to the training and fixation I'm actually glad to have her around tbh, at the very least she doesn't try to bit people's hands anymore when they try to pet her now.

Years
    Cats require less effort which is another reason why I am a cat person. You don't really need to take them for walks and they don't require behaviour training either.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I tried to take my cat for a walk. If you don't put a leash on him he'll run around and explore etc., but the second you put one on he gets mad and just lies on the concrete. :(

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    While we're on the topic of cats and dogs, has anyone actually seen this movie before because I swear I could never find the time to watch it for the life of me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I remmeber seeing it and I remember it wasn't very good IMO..

I trained our dog @_@ She has never bitten anyone before and she's 7 years old. One time we heard a yelp and my little cousin crying and we rushed to the other room because we thought the dog bit her, but it turned out she was the one who suddenly decided to bite the dog's ear! (or so said my bro who was looking after them at the time haha)
    I have a beagle so her ears are mega floppy (the type of dog Captain Fabio posted a picture of earlier)

I really hate it when dogs get all excited and decide to piss everywhere. Both of my cousin's dogs do it. I just don't understand. :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I really dislike people who wont train their dogs and teach them to behave. The dog i have has a lot of bad manners, we arent his first home( my mom believes we are at least his third home) we think he was never trained properly, we've tried to teach him, but it dosent work very well. He has bad habits we cant get rid of.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Idk, it's kinda hard to judge though...I mean, imagine someone like you coming across your dog. You don't have the chance to explain to them why you can't get your dog to obey, all they see is a dog behaving badly. And then they think "man, I hate people like that" because they're judging you without knowing the circumstances. :x

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I really hate it when dogs get all excited and decide to piss everywhere. Both of my cousin's dogs do it. I just don't understand. :/

One of my older cats did that almost constantly a few years back, could have sworn his bladder was the size of a pea at the time. Regardless I despised it and I decided to have him go pissing about outside in the middle of the night until mom went the extra mile to train the little demon on how to use the litter box properly, now he defends that thing like it were a freshly caught rat of all things, why I have no idea honestly but it's still better than scratching at my door in the middle of the night to go piss in the corner of my room when I wasn't looking, ugh and I'm supposed to be the inconsiderate one lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back