• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hahah I did some work experience there once and it was neat to get all the stuff that couldn't be sold anymore or to be able to reserve things, and there's a game section too and would sometimes get discounts on that etc, but yeah it's true that in the end it's not very different from any other retail job. But the environment probably does make it more enjoyable, though that's just personal preference I guess. And I didn't really mind the kids actually! It was fun to be able to help them and see them walk out happy with something haha.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, I don't actually like kids so I imagine that has something to do with it. xD;

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Oh okay hahah well yeah I like kids up til a certain age probably lol. And babies are v cute so.

And I want to go to Cali real bad >:C

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Oh okay hahah well yeah I like kids up til a certain age probably lol. And babies are v cute so.

And I want to go to Cali real bad >:C

California is amaaazzing! Especially Napa.
    I want to move there so bad when I graduate. Seeing as i'm currently on the east coast, it sucks because I wouldn't be able to see my family without travelling a great distance if I were to move all the way to the west coast.

But whatever man, awesome beaches > Family.
    Kidding, of course... but the sad thing is i'm almost not kidding.

Years
    I did some work experience at Toys R' Us a good number of years back. It was OK but pretty boring. Stacking shelves, lifting boxes in the warehouse and other such tasks.

I am on and off with kids. It depends really. I sometimes teach the younger kids at the dojo I train at and they are fine. They listen to me and try their best to follow my instructions. But then you have troublemakers who I would like to squeeze the life out of.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

California is amaaazzing! Especially Napa.
    I want to move there so bad when I graduate. Seeing as i'm currently on the east coast, it sucks because I wouldn't be able to see my family without travelling a great distance if I were to move all the way to the west coast.

But whatever man, awesome beaches > Family.
    Kidding, of course... but the sad thing is i'm almost not kidding.
    Hahhaah I hear ya on the family thing man the sea will be my new family.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I mainly like Napa for the nature/weather there and the abundance of wine. I'm a country guy, so that's probably why Napa appeals to me so much. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't think I could survive in California. :P I hate any kind of hot weather. I imagine if I was living there year round, I'd really only be okay in northern Cali and by then it's just like "why are you even living here".

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I want visit California one day. Partly (mostly) for Disneyland, but also I want to tour Napa and wine country. LA I don't think I'd like, it just seems... tacky. I'd do a day trip of Hollywood and what not, but the rest of the time I'd be elsewhere. Maybe. I'd want to go to the beach.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    California does sound like a good place to visit. A relative of mine lived there but I never got to visit him and see the place... sad, lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've never been out there before. I do have relatives who live in the San Francisco area, but they kinda seem "out of it" a lot, lol. I only see them when they come visit us, which thankfully isn't too often. They're just kinda... odd.

I'd like to head out there to visit, not sure about settling there full time, though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Ughhhh I wanna go to San Diego again. I probably will when Anime Expo rolls around but then I'll be in LA and in a convention most of the time and not just enjoying California. ;;

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Are we talking about the cold? Random... it got cold here on Long Island yesterday... but that was due to the wind. It was chilly today to but it's usually chilly in March here so I'm used to it.

...I got interested in the anime Another a few weeks ago. I really like it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    NO WEATHER IS BANNED FROM THIS THREAD

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Speaking of Anime, that's another cool thing about being in California (in my opinion anyways) seeing as you're so close to Japan it'd probably cost less/be faster to travel there for vacation as opposed to travelling to there from the east coast.

Hnng I need to go to Japan. I yearn for it.

EDIT: Bwahaha! The title of the thread has been changed to something weather related!

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's still ridiculously expensive. XD

I imagine for anime fans that a trip to Japan is like a pilgrimage that everyone has to make once in their lives.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    NO WEATHER IS BANNED FROM THIS THREAD

But isn't weather a good conversation topic? d:

And I live pretty close to Japan, but the flights are still darn expensive xD And I don't follow anime anyways so the only reason I'd go to Japan is to get my hand on all the new electronics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back