• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Speaking of Anime, that's another cool thing about being in California (in my opinion anyways) seeing as you're so close to Japan it'd probably cost less/be faster to travel there for vacation as opposed to travelling to there from the east coast.

EDIT: Bwahaha! The title of the thread has been changed to something weather related!

Still pretty damn expensive though even if you are living in Cali like myself as well, then again I'd prefer Hawaii any day.

Hail's still my favorite kind weather tho.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Still pretty damn expensive though even if you are living in Cali like myself as well, then again I'd prefer Hawaii any day.

Hail's still my favorite kind weather tho.

Hail's like a really freaky kind of weather. It all depends though. It gets insanely cold and sometimes those hailstones hurt :(

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

Hail's like a really freaky kind of weather. It all depends though. It gets insanely cold and sometimes those hailstones hurt :(

Well I am rather freaky myself so hail tends to suit me in that sense lol.

Yeah it does get rather harsh sometimes but I have walked up to 3 miles to get to school in the morning while it hailed on rare occasions last year and I figured if I can survive that I can pretty much handle nearly anything else the weather up here has to offer me. Besides forest fires and hurricanes of course.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    >That title = lol.

I've always wanted to go to Japan since I love anime so much. But I live too far away from Japan so it would take forever to get there by airplane. =\ But, I'll keep dreaming of going to Japan until I can actually go.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

But isn't weather a good conversation topic? d:

And I live pretty close to Japan, but the flights are still darn expensive xD And I don't follow anime anyways so the only reason I'd go to Japan is to get my hand on all the new electronics.
    Weather is a TERRIBLE and PATHETIC topic >:CC It's boring and it's a last resort for when people don't know anything else to talk about!!

And I used to want to go to Japan very bad, and I still want to go but I would totally die in their humid climate.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    For the first time in months it's been unusually hot & sunny here, can't really complain though!
    Totally get what you mean. It's been like that here for about two weeks, hitting about 70-80 degrees almost every day, except today. Today it got randomly cold, but tomorrow is supposed to be wonderful again. But it does make me worry about the summer, since it's already hot in March.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Weather is a TERRIBLE and PATHETIC topic >:CC It's boring and it's a last resort for when people don't know anything else to talk about!!

And I used to want to go to Japan very bad, and I still want to go but I would totally die in their humid climate.

Live, I am disappointed in you for choosing terrible and pathetic topics, making us all want to not post in this thread.

Plus for vegetarians Japan and China are not really good places lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The only reason I'd want to go to Japan is for the anime :P If I got a high enough paying job I'd definitely try to make it over there for a week or two... Japan's definitely on my bucket list.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wish Japanese was something I wanted to put real effort into learning, because if I did it would make a lot of things a lot easier. But it's so hard to learn languages.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    If I'd been given an opportunity, I'd have definitely picked Chinese/Japanese as a language over French or Spanish. d:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Japanese is so hard. D:
    I've tried learning it several times, but it's so easy to forget after not practicing it on a regular basis.
    Probably just has something to do with me being not-smart...

On a separate note, I like how whenever someone makes a post, everybody and their mother gathers into the section. :P
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I speak French... kind of. I've been learning it since I was nine and although I would consider myself pretty proficient, I wouldn't go so far as to call myself fluent just yet. Even though I've been taking French this year, my spoken French is pretty rusty haha.

I took a Japanese class last year because I was genuinely interested in the language and it was fun to learn, but omg the kanji. It was also slightly awkward because I was literally the only person in the class who wasn't into anime (but what did I expect? lol). I'm not taking it anymore because I really don't see myself using it anywhere and because I need room for courses relevant to my major, but it was a pretty fun language to learn.

But I do want to learn Spanish one day. It's such a lovely language, and it's very practical and useful in life. :D

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    The only reason I'd want to go to Japan is for the anime :P If I got a high enough paying job I'd definitely try to make it over there for a week or two... Japan's definitely on my bucket list.

Kyoto, Osaka, Tokyo, there's just so much to see and experience with Japanese culture, I've always wanted to visit the country myself. And if I do intend on learning another language, it's definitely Japanese.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'm pretty good with languages actually, and it would be cool to speak something else but atm I'm too busy with German class at school haha, trying to learn another language between that would be too confusing.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Originally, I had wanted Spanish, not French. Spanish imo is more practical. But because of a few broken promises by my school I was forced to take French. Oh well.

Years
    I have never been good at speaking foreign languages. But that is OK. I know how to 'communicate' very well with a language everyone understands.

Pain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back