• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
    Years
    I have to hear 3 kids (2 my mother babysits) all day screaming...but I was really calm and quiet as a baby. I guess others are different :)

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Simply not worthy of the brobdingnagian responsibility.
    However, the feeling you experience when the children surrounding you select you as their role model, is...I don't know any other way to put it; it's special.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Wow, so many Gulliver's Travels references... At least it's not the Jack Black film!

I don't mind being around certain kids. Probably about 50% of them, really. You've got your precocious scamps and your future nerds and the ones who won't hurt a fly. Those kids are all right. But then there's that other 50%... ugh. Don't want to be near any of them at all.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I either love kids or can't stand them. I want to smack the ones that run around and scream and just in general be obnoxious, but at the same time there are some little kids who are well-behaved and just awesome to be around.

I definitely want kids of my own though, someday.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I love the people who are all "I hate kids but mine will be awesome so I won't hate them."

There is absolutely no way you can know that they won't be little terrors just like the ones you see running around screaming at the mall. Do you think the parents of those kids didn't also think their kids would be awesome? You have no idea that your parenting style is going to be the one that produces an epic kid lmao. Good luck.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My kids will be awesome and well-behaved because I was awesome and well-behaved so I'll just have my mother give me her parenting skills. :B

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    My kids will be insane little crazies that run around screaming and acting up wherever they go!

Lol jokes!

My kids will be well behaved little champions, especially whenever I'm around. If they arent they will be tortured! (Loss of fun things to them.) This is because I hate those annoying little children and if I had kids that acted like that around me I'd hate them and I dont wanna hate my kids :(

Andys definitely going to be a dad, I can just tell.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Today I was in Wal-Mart and my mom was in the bathroom and I hear this kid let out a blood-curdling, heart-stopping scream in there. Not like pain or anything, just like little kid screaming. Her mom, sitting outside, just said "don't scream, honey" and then laughed like there was nothing she could do when the kid continued to shriek. My mom came out and said her ears were ringing.

Children of Wal-Mart, a subset of the People of Wal-Mart.

Shining Raichu

Years
    LOL. Oh dear God, that shriek. I've heard it so many times before at the mall... and ironically it's usually the little boys rather than the little girls.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    Oh man. I was in Walmart on Sunday and these two kids were throwing basketballs at each other. Like, not to each other... but at each other. They were also yelling at each other which I guess is par for the course... but I just had to wonder how someone can think that's an okay thing to do. D:

Freakin' Walmart.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Yesterday as I was helping my dad load groceries into the car, this parent walks by with his two kids and all I heard was the older kid say, loudly, "You mean if I ripped his eyeball out, he wouldn't feel it?!"

I... I don't even know if I want to learn what the context was.

Definitely makes me question the idea of ever having kids because I wouldn't know how to deal with them, especially in public if they were saying inappropriate things or throwing a tantrum, haha.

Shining Raichu

Years
    igotpokeballz, I'd reply to what you just said but I can't because your font colour has blinded me :P

When people at the supermarket used to come up to my trolley when I was a kid and tell my mother how adorable I was, I'd say "You're ugly." Then Mum would say "ANDREW!" and I'd say "Well she is!"

That's a true story, I don't remember it but my mother certainly does lmao.

Shining Raichu

Years
    What the hell, you got to 14 years of age and your parents decided they wanted to do it again from the beginning?

Go find them and ask what's up with that.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    igotpokeballz, I'd reply to what you just said but I can't because your font colour has blinded me :P

When people at the supermarket used to come up to my trolley when I was a kid and tell my mother how adorable I was, I'd say "You're ugly." Then Mum would say "ANDREW!" and I'd say "Well she is!"

That's a true story, I don't remember it but my mother certainly does lmao.
    Apparently once when we were in public, I turned to my mom and said "You won't hit me today, right?" She had NO idea what to say/do because people were looking at her warily. I don't remember this, of course, since I was like 2 or 3... but my mom said she was just mortified because she'd never (and has never) raised a hand at me or anything. XD I have no idea what possessed little!Me to say that.

Shining Raichu

Years
    Apparently once when we were in public, I turned to my mom and said "You won't hit me today, right?" She had NO idea what to say/do because people were looking at her warily. I don't remember this, of course, since I was like 2 or 3... but my mom said she was just mortified because she'd never (and has never) raised a hand at me or anything. XD I have no idea what possessed little!Me to say that.

LOL omfg. OK you win the awesome child story competition. I don't think even the time I knocked an old lady over and kept running can beat that.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years

Wow, that is just so much win. You definitely knew how to get what you wanted as a child I see! So good I have nothing even worth mentioning now you've posted that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back