• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I was never really into Yu-gi-oh when I was younger. Actually, I wasn't really into any card games. :P

Rafflesia

i26
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Yu-Gi-Oh was my life when I was a kid, I spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on decks and booster packs. I actually still have all my old deck, most of the cards in it are probably banned by now, though.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Yu-gi-oh made no sense to me when I was 6. I didn't get how the game was played, I just collected the cards because I thought the pictures were cool.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Yu-gi-oh made no sense to me when I was 6. I didn't get how the game was played, I just collected the cards because I thought the pictures were cool.
    That's because only adults play such a children's card game. If children play a children's card game, there'll be a blasphemy on our hands!

But in all seriousness, I've been trying to get back into the card game. I've been asking about stuff about it. I even bought the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels game on the Xbox 360 yesterday.

Years
  • I played Yugioh competitively for a while in middle school. But that's about as far as I've gotten playing stuff like that for money.
    I have never played anything for money o_O;
    Well then, I am just a big geek still as I still have a big interest in Yugioh and I play it with my mates back home! ;)

He is completely and always up-to-date on the cards. So I have Tag force 5 (Most updated game) and I try out new ideas and decks and I tell him. Haha. Fun times.​
    Wow, that's cool. I don't know many who still play. XD

That's because only adults play such a children's card game. If children play a children's card game, there'll be a blasphemy on our hands!

But in all seriousness, I've been trying to get back into the card game. I've been asking about stuff about it. I even bought the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels game on the Xbox 360 yesterday.
    Nice. XD;

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh since I was like 12 or something. lol. I remember trying to have a duel with someone over AIM..and I realized to myself..WHAT IF THEY DON'T HAVE THAT CARD? THEY COULD BE MAKING IT UP :O

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I don't really remember playing the card game, but I do remember watching the anime quite a bit, until they introduced GX into it. I don't watch it now, but from what I've heard, it's all children's card games on motorcycles now.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Nice. XD;

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh since I was like 12 or something. lol. I remember trying to have a duel with someone over AIM..and I realized to myself..WHAT IF THEY DON'T HAVE THAT CARD? THEY COULD BE MAKING IT UP :O

THAT WAS YOU?! XD
    I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh in a while either. I kinda lost interest in it all once they cut Yugi from the anime, but I remember being highly addicted to the games. And now that they've introduced racing & new types of cards into the games I'm completely lost. @_@

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Well actually tbh, I didn't mind the GX series, and I think the concept could have worked if they used it at the beginning with Yugi and Joey. I really lost interest when they did all sorts of crazy stuff with this Orichalkos stuff and going to Egypt. I got lost watching it.

But still, CARD GAMES ON MOTOTCYCLES WTF. :/

Rafflesia

i26
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Yeah.. the anime lost me when it turned to GX. Yugi wasn't even there, or the millennium items :( They were so cool. I totes wanted one.
    From what I remember, I enjoyed GX generation, both the anime and the cards. Some of the concepts for the episodes were totally ludicrous but every series has hit and miss episodes. And Yugi was in the final 2 or 3 episodes iirc.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I tried looking up what else was new with the series and now there's something called "Excess Summon" that's going to be introduced in the new series. I give up.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Ahh those were the good ol' days, with the original crew. Including Joey and his Brooklyn Rage, Tristan and his voice, and Tea, and her ability to be obsessed with friendship.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I stopped watching before GX ended. And now in the Spring they are doing a new Yu-Gi-Oh named Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal. Kind of doubt I will get back into watching it. Since they had Cards with Motorcycles! OMG!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Exactly my thoughts. I mean isn't that dangerous? Riding on a motorcycle at high-velocity speeds while being occupied with playing a children's card game? Wouldn't the road end eventually?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No, it could very well be a track.

And I do hate the ideas of card games on motorcycles, but to be honest, 5DS has more interesting plot and characters than any of the previous versions Yu-Gi-Oh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back