• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    I'm okay with timezones. I mean, it would probably be harder to see shows you want to see if it shows at 1pm everywhere. For some people, that would be what is currently 5am for them. That or the TV studio would be to do '3am for this place, 5am for this place, etc...'

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think timezones are fun. Makes sure a place like PC where people from all the world are never gets dead silent.

There are times of the day when there's a lot fewer people on though xD I guess... it's when the americans go to sleep.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • I'm okay with timezones. I mean, it would probably be harder to see shows you want to see if it shows at 1pm everywhere. For some people, that would be what is currently 5am for them. That or the TV studio would be to do '3am for this place, 5am for this place, etc...'

For the most part I'm ok with timezones. They just get on my nerves sometimes. Like some of my friends are in other timezones its sometimes hard to talk to them. its 8 for him...[/b]

Hi LightOfTruth.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I hate timezones with a passion. I have to stay up until stupid hours of the morning to speak to most people, which is fine when I want to stay up or on a weekend but a bit of a pain when I have work.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    I personally wouldn't want to be sleeping at 3pm because it's completely dark outside where I am. I'm not sure if having no timezones will rid of that, to be honest. Regardless of the time, I'm still heading to sleep when it's dark out, and going out when it's light out.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I think timezones are fun. Makes sure a place like PC where people from all the world are never gets dead silent.

There are times of the day when there's a lot fewer people on though xD I guess... it's when the americans go to sleep.

I'm sure there is alot of people around the world using PC so its will be alive 24 hours a day :)

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • I think timezones are fun. Makes sure a place like PC where people from all the world are never gets dead silent.

Well people have to sleep you know.

Limey-chan: Your avatar is creepy. Anyways, I understand that. I usually have t be on early in the morning to talk to some people and then I usually don't wake up from going to bed until noon or later.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Phantasmagoria, can I just say I love your username. And you aren't Tara right. Riiiiiiight? D:

I think I fell asleep just seven hours ago. It's now 11:15 here. /was playing an awesome DS game

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    For the most part I'm ok with timezones. They just get on my nerves sometimes. Like some of my friends are in other timezones its sometimes hard to talk to them. its 8 for him...[/b]

Hi LightOfTruth.

How are you Angel? Timezones aren't important to me in the least. Its the internet so I expect that :)

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • @Truth: I'm fine. How about yourself?

@Limey-chan: Ash will never be the same.

I think it would be really hectic if the world was one big timezone. The poor poor mainframe of Pokecommunity probally wouldn't be able to handle it and crash. We have to think of the mainframe!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • If the world was one big timezone, then the world would be pretty small, and likely flat. That, or we'd have multiple suns and moons.

I still wish we'd get rid of DST completely, though.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Kanto-Johto Ash and Isshu Ash > Hoenn-Sinnoh Ash, in my opinion. /sagenod

And then all the female companions except Dawn are awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Phantasmagoria, can I just say I love your username. And you aren't Tara right. Riiiiiiight? D:
    Thank you! I should have stuck with the Jun avatar, huh.

I haven't followed the Pokemon Anime since Johto, so I wouldn't know much.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • If the world was one big timezone, then the world would be pretty small, and likely flat. That, or we'd have multiple suns and moons.

I still wish we'd get rid of DST completely, though.

It would like to see there being multiple moons and suns around Earth. I've seen it in some animes and it looked awesome.

And he's all the better for it. I never liked Ash.

Ah. So are you one of the people that want him to be replaced?

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    He's still 10 though..isn't he?
    Doubt if they've mentioned his age in recent episodes.

Don't we get scones to go with?
    Crumpets at least?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back