• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    When I was younger I would collect bugs and keep them as pets. They usually died the next day. XD Once my grandma bought me an ant farm and we got some African ants through the mail that bite. When my dad was trying to get the in the ant farm, they got all over him. o.o

I even caught a frog/toad as a pet once. It escaped from its cage that night. XD

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    I like butterflys... but what else do you expect from a girl? Worms are cool too! Bet you didn't expect that one! Anyway... once at the Bronx Zoo we went to the butterfly house and a butterfly landed on my head! We have a picture of it somewhere too! It was cool! And I do like worms. I don't know why people are disgusted by them. In 4th grade we disected them. It's cool how you can cut them and they'll still live...

My cousins have a fish pond with giant goldfish in it! Maybe they aren't goldfish... but they sure look like 'em but like 10 times bigger! And there's a tiny frog that lives around the pond too! I want a frog...

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    snowangel3181988 said:
    I used to play with bugs all the time too! My friend is terrified of all bugs though! At work there was a centipede and she freaked out! She called it a "ten-a-pede" because she said it didn't have 100 legs... more like ten. It was a centipede... I'm sure! I loved playing that game on the computer all the time... even though that has nothing to do with anything right now! I don't really know how someone could be so scared of bugs though...

Before I moved... so I was like 6 or 7 at the time... my best friend and I were in the woods and we found a newt and I brought it in a box for show-and-tell... actually it was for a guess what's in the container thing! It was a cool newt!

And in 3rd grade I was walking to school with my best friend at the time. She found a mouse on the road and she loved animals so she picked it up and brought it to school in her lunchbox! Then when our teacher found out about it in the school she made us put it outside...
    "Ten-a-pede" eh? They actually have more around 100 legs hehe...
    Huh? Playing a game on the computer? That's a tad bit confusing hehe...

A newt and a mouse! Cool! We have a whole lot of lizards here in Miami. My cats used to eat them hehe....

Yeah, it's fun to aquish them in AC without actually having to squish them hehe...

I like rollie-pollies and butterflies. Yup!

Poor dad hehe...
    ...oh! And I live right bext to a lake, so we get a lot of toads too!

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    I have a lot of cool stories? Really? Thanks! I guess...

Yeah... a ten-a-pede! She's so strange! It's a centipede. Plus if it had 10 legs it would've been more of a decapede not a ten-a-pede! She also runs away from ay type of bug. Worms, bees (she's terrified of bees), spiders... anything like that! It's really funny to see her reaction though...

I haven't played Animal Crossing in a long time... I haven't actually played on my Gamecube in a while either...

Oh and the computer game thing... the game is called Centipede! It all made sense in my head! It's late so things aren't registering in order right now! Sorry about that! But I used to love that game...

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    My brother's planning to trade in our animal crossing at GameStop. He says it consumes too much time. =/

100marios

Years
    snowangel3181988 said:
    I have a lot of cool stories? Really? Thanks! I guess...

Yeah... a ten-a-pede! She's so strange! It's a centipede. Plus if it had 10 legs it would've been more of a decapede not a ten-a-pede! She also runs away from ay type of bug. Worms, bees (she's terrified of bees), spiders... anything like that! It's really funny to see her reaction though...

I haven't played Animal Crossing in a long time... I haven't actually played on my Gamecube in a while either...

Oh and the computer game thing... the game is called Centipede! It all made sense in my head! It's late so things aren't registering in order right now! Sorry about that! But I used to love that game...
    I guess she just made it up out of nowhere, so it really didn't matter to her hehe...
    It's kinda funny that someone would get a job in planting when they don't even like bugs!

I haven't played AC in a while either....I've done almost everything....

Oh yeah! Centipede! I never thought about it that way...
    The game is good? I've never played it, so I wouldn't know...

There are actually a good amount of games this year that I'm excited for! It's nice to have that feeling again!

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    100marios said:
    I guess she just made it up out of nowhere, so it really didn't matter to her hehe...
    It's kinda funny that someone would get a job in planting when they don't even like bugs!

I haven't played AC in a while either....I've done almost everything....

Oh yeah! Centipede! I never thought about it that way...
    The game is good? I've never played it, so I wouldn't know...

There are actually a good amount of games this year that I'm excited for! It's nice to have that feeling again!
    Well my friend does seem to make things up randomly like that. I mean ten-a-pede? Who else would come up with that? It was really funny when she said it though. I don't know why she wants to pot plants when she hates bugs. My other friend got me the job and I think she just got jealous that I was chosen first so she wanted a job there too. But now she just wants to quit anyway..

I haven't played Centipede in awhile. Part of it's an old arcade game and the other is an adventure type game. I used to like it a lot though. In 6th grade my classroo had this game where you played the role of a bug or something... I remember everyone in my class loved whatever game that was! I haven't played any computer games in a long time either. My all time favorite computer games are the Monkey Island series though. I got the first one when I was little and my cousins and I slowly beat different parts as we got older. It was fun! Too bad barely anybody's even heard of them...

I'm going to get Harvest Moon for Gamecube when they finally make the girl's version later this year! That will be fun! My sister has one for her PS1 but she killed a chicken so she's terrified to play her game now!

100marios

Years
    snowangel3181988 said:
    Well my friend does seem to make things up randomly like that. I mean ten-a-pede? Who else would come up with that? It was really funny when she said it though. I don't know why she wants to pot plants when she hates bugs. My other friend got me the job and I think she just got jealous that I was chosen first so she wanted a job there too. But now she just wants to quit anyway..

I haven't played Centipede in awhile. Part of it's an old arcade game and the other is an adventure type game. I used to like it a lot though. In 6th grade my classroo had this game where you played the role of a bug or something... I remember everyone in my class loved whatever game that was! I haven't played any computer games in a long time either. My all time favorite computer games are the Monkey Island series though. I got the first one when I was little and my cousins and I slowly beat different parts as we got older. It was fun! Too bad barely anybody's even heard of them...

I'm going to get Harvest Moon for Gamecube when they finally make the girl's version later this year! That will be fun! My sister has one for her PS1 but she killed a chicken so she's terrified to play her game now!
    My mom might hehe...she says things like that a lot. Yeah, it's rather pointless if you don't like bugs. You're bound to run into them!

Hmm, I'm afraid to say I haven't played either Centipede or any of the games from the Monkey Island series...I believe I've heard of them, but I never bothered with it. When i was in Kindergarden, these kids were always playing Super Mario World. It was one of my first introductions to video games!

I have the HM game for gameboy, but not for gamecube. I want to get it, but I need to save up a lot of money this year for other games!

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    100marios said:
    My mom might hehe...she says things like that a lot. Yeah, it's rather pointless if you don't like bugs. You're bound to run into them!

Hmm, I'm afraid to say I haven't played either Centipede or any of the games from the Monkey Island series...I believe I've heard of them, but I never bothered with it. When i was in Kindergarden, these kids were always playing Super Mario World. It was one of my first introductions to video games!

I have the HM game for gameboy, but not for gamecube. I want to get it, but I need to save up a lot of money this year for other games!
    Actually... I would probably come up with something strange like ten-a-pede too... well maybe not that strange! I don't really like bugs... but I can tolerate them. I don't scream and run away when I see one. I don't need someone else to come and remove one for me like she does. If she hates it so much she should just quit...

The only kind of bug that I really hate are ants. When I was in elementary school my room somehow got infested with thousands of ants! Turns out there was a crack in the wall and they all crawled in! It was gross! *shudders* I hated it so much! We were picking up dead ants for weeks after. I had to sleep in the living room cuz I was scared to even step in my room. And last summer our kitchen was infested with those tiny annoying ants. Eww. I don't mind ants when they're outside... but when they're in the house...

Nobody's heard of the Monkey Island games... honestly I don't even know where I first got it from in the first place! I remember having it in our condo so I was younger than 7 when I got it! Why would a 6 year old girl have a pirate game? But I was a weird child so I don't know! I've only met one other person that knows about the games... that wasn't introduced to them by me. It was in 7th grade and in Spanish we had to make a menu and I named my restaurant "El Pollo Diablo" (The Devil Chicken) cuz it's the name of a restaurant in the 3rd game. (Hey! I was obsessed with them in 7th grade... I think a new game had just come out that year...) and my friend in my English class saw my menu and asked about the title and that's when I found out she liked the games too. But she's the only other person. I really liked those games... too bad I cheated my way through most of them! I was over-dependant on strategy guides at the time...

My sister has Harvest Moon for GBA too. She got obsessed with it when she played it over my cousins' house and she would always bug them to play it so I bought it for her PS1 and for Christmas I got it for her on GBA since she was too scared to play her PS1 games after she killed that poor chicken...

Sparks_67

Im a real boy
    Years
    snowangel3181988 said:
    Actually... I would probably come up with something strange like ten-a-pede too... well maybe not that strange! I don't really like bugs... but I can tolerate them. I don't scream and run away when I see one. I don't need someone else to come and remove one for me like she does. If she hates it so much she should just quit...

The only kind of bug that I really hate are ants. When I was in elementary school my room somehow got infested with thousands of ants! Turns out there was a crack in the wall and they all crawled in! It was gross! *shudders* I hated it so much! We were picking up dead ants for weeks after. I had to sleep in the living room cuz I was scared to even step in my room. And last summer our kitchen was infested with those tiny annoying ants. Eww. I don't mind ants when they're outside... but when they're in the house...

Nobody's heard of the Monkey Island games... honestly I don't even know where I first got it from in the first place! I remember having it in our condo so I was younger than 7 when I got it! Why would a 6 year old girl have a pirate game? But I was a weird child so I don't know! I've only met one other person that knows about the games... that wasn't introduced to them by me. It was in 7th grade and in Spanish we had to make a menu and I named my restaurant "El Pollo Diablo" (The Devil Chicken) cuz it's the name of a restaurant in the 3rd game. (Hey! I was obsessed with them in 7th grade... I think a new game had just come out that year...) and my friend in my English class saw my menu and asked about the title and that's when I found out she liked the games too. But she's the only other person. I really liked those games... too bad I cheated my way through most of them! I was over-dependant on strategy guides at the time...

My sister has Harvest Moon for GBA too. She got obsessed with it when she played it over my cousins' house and she would always bug them to play it so I bought it for her PS1 and for Christmas I got it for her on GBA since she was too scared to play her PS1 games after she killed that poor chicken...

Really you like to say alot and why do you make up all these games like devil chicken game is kinda strange.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    I didn't make up that game! It really does exist! It's called "The Curse of Monkey Island." It's a funny game! I loved those games so much! The Monkey Island series really does exist... I didn't randomly make up "El Pollo Diablo" it's from the game.

I guess I do say a lot... at least here. I guess you could never tell that I'm really a very quiet person and I keep to myself unless I have something to add. Cuz that's how I really am...

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Flygon_trainer said:
    Monkey Island? I have Escape form monkey island, and the guide..
    So you could vouch for me that I didn't make up el pollo diablo! I have the guides too. For all four games. But I lost the guides for the first too. I told you guys I was obsessed with them a few years ago! My cousins and I spent so much time playing all four games. But I really have no idea why the games interest me... or how I got them in the first place. They really are very funny though... but they are kinda weird too! I mean the first game is about a wannabe pirate and his quest and it builds from there...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back