• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    Hilary Duff can't sing, and I don't think she's that good of an actober. All she does everytime she speaks on Lizzie McGuire is stutter in the beginning of all of her sentences, and gasp. If you watch it and look closely for thos etwo things, you'll see she does them a lot.

Well, I think that she has some good acting skills, and I'm not really sure on her singing. From what I hear, she seems pretty good, but she may just be using a machine to enhance her voice, so when she's lip syncing, it sounds better. x_O Meh, I can't stand it when actors become singers, and vice versa. Jennifer Lopez is an excellent singer, but her acting skills aren't that great, IMO. =\

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Hilary Duff didn't become a singer to display any sort of vocal talent, she just knew she would make more cash off the tween girls who idolize her (and why they idolize her beats me)...if I were to have a worlds crappiest singing contest face-off between Britney Spears and Hilary Duff, it'd be a close race...

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Having no idea who Hilary Duff is (thankfully, the UK is mostly spared from her singing, at least I assume she's some sort of singer from the previous posts), I can't comment, except to say if everyone hates her this badly, why oh why does she still try?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    She doesn't quit because she can make money being a mediocre actor and singer, and even if everyone out of the tween girl and slightly-pedophilic 20-something guy-who-obsesses-over-her-looks demographics doesn't like her, she still makes more than enough money to be filthy rich and still gets enough publicity to suit her...

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Oh no, I'm gonna get flamed. XD I happen to like Hilary Duff. Not quite as much as I used to; but, I'm still a fan. When "Lizzie McGuire" first came out, she was a girl all girls could pretty much identify with--she wore normal clothing and had a typical tween/teen personality, too...like in the first episode when she complained about being flat-chested and how Britney Spears suddenly "got developed". Then, all heck broke loose when she randomly started dressing all spiffy in clothes that no girl ever wears to school. The show completely went off the deep end for any teen to feel any connection with her whatsoever. And, I'd like to point out to Disney that any girl that dresses in the best clothing and is as attractive as she is...is NOT unpopular. Sure, there may be some rare exceptions, but that's almost a given fact.

As far as the gasping goes, I only notice it in "Lizzie McGuire". I'm watching "Cadet Kelly" right now and she doesn't do that at all...heh. Maybe it's just a character trait Lizzie has. But, after "The Lizzie McGuire Movie"...I haven't really liked any movie she's done. I didn't like her particularly in "Cheaper By The Dozen"...her character was just weird, lol. I think that no matter how hard she tries on her acting, everyone's still going to see "Lizzie". It's just that she's so happy and she smiles all the time. I think we should see that more in actors and actresses because they're all such rude snobs it seems. Her singing is average, and occasionally she'll sound like a chipmunk, lol. But, overall she sings some good songs on her album. ^_^ *jumps into a locked up fortress and hides*

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    Flaming Torchic said:
    Jennifer Lopez is an excellent singer, but her acting skills aren't that great, IMO. =\
    *tries not to laugh*

Anyway, you won't get flamed for likeing Hilary. It's your opinion, that your entitled to. I actually watch Lizzie when I'm bored, and it's an okay show, I just don't like how they act. Now, I am not a fan of Hilary, don't get it twisted ^_~

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ah, I happen to like Hilary, too. I mean, she might not be the greatest singer in the world, or the best actress, but atleast she is a nice person. (From what I've heard, and plus, if you see how she acts long enough, then you can tell.) You don't ever see her acting really bad, and she doesn't go out partying and doing a ton of things that nobody should be doing, you don't see her in any outrageous outfits, etc. And when I mean outrageous, I'm talking about the kinds of outfits that you see Britney Spears wearing sometimes. Atleast she dresses modestly enough.

And with the thing with Hilary Duff verses Lindsay Lohan, I think Hilary is much better. I've heard that Lindsay is a really big snob, and that she goes out partying a lot, she sees several guys at once, etc. O_o

About the thing how she acts... Well, atleast she's being nice, even if she does get on your nerves. Wouldn't you rather have more nice people in the world rather than rude? If not, then I worry about you.

I also read that her and her sister enjoy singing, so I don't think that she's only releasing albums for more money. Sure, that may be part of the reason, but she does seem to like doing it.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Are we talking about Hilary Duff and Linsay Lohan now? They're both HOT! (the guy in me is now speaking XD)
    In terms of looks Lohan is better, but in terms of talent, Hilary is a way better singer.... not that i listen to her work XD

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    One thing I don't like about Hilary is how much publicity she gets. I used to get a bunch of magazines like J-14 and my sister and I would count how many times she was in them out of curiousity and it would be an outrageous number, like over 20. I just find her overly annoying, that's all. I mean, she's everywhere... tv, radio, toys, magazines, it's kinda rediculous after a while. Maybe if she wasn't everywhere it'd be little better.

But yeah, I guess Kayleigh is right about her seeming really nice. And nice people in the world are always a good thing.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    That's true Kayleigh, and Hilary gets points for that.

I also heard Lindsay Lohan was mean IRl, and i believe it. I can tell she is gonna be the next hollywood, teen ****. We don't need anothe Paris Hilton.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Meh, they're okay. I never went to zee any of their moviez (that I can remember) zo I can't comment on their acting though ^^;; I've never been into teen moviez zo I only go to zee them if I'm really board. I go to moveiz to ezcape teen drama, not have to watch even more of it o_o;;
    I'm really not into pop zo it'z juzt bezt if I dont' comment on Hillary'z zinging though. I will zay zhe zeemz to have a nice voice (if that'z really herz).
    I'm not a huge fan of either though, that'z for zure >_<

*zigh* I juzt talked to my friend agian, I guezz he'z moving on the 22nd ;_; I cried zo much after I got off the phone with him, it waz awfull! I don't remember the lazt time I cried zo much. And now I feel bad becauze I waz trying to be in high zpiritz while talking to him and now he thinkz I don't care that he'z leaving -_-

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Oh, yeah... I guess she can't really control how famous she is, though. I mean, she is asking for all of the publicity, just by being an actress, but I guess that she can't help it if the paparazzi want to chase her around when she's trying to buy green beans, lol. O_o That's one reason why I don't want to become an actress.

And really, the only thing I don't like about her is that she's going to play the girlfriend of the actor that I like, Oliver James, on that new movie, Raise Your Voice. (It was titled 'Heart of Summer', but they changed it.) I DON'T need to see them making out, and I heard that they do that a lot on that movie! O_o;

Anyways, ah... I'm really sorry to hear that Teara. I know how you feel about losing a close friend. My best friend moved away several years ago; since then, I've never had any good friends like her. She was my favorite out of all of my friends! We both had so much in common and everything.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
    Oh dam, that must suck Teara. I dunno what it's like to loose a good friend. I never stayed in the same country for too long, and I went to a different school each year in primamry school, so I never got a chance to have good friends. I know what it's like to have no friends, but to loose a good friend must really, really suck. If he's leaving, spend some time with him as much as you can. I think it's best not to waste the time you have left with him. And maybe you should call him again and tell him that you really are sad. You'd hate for him to leave and think that you never really cared all along. It'l haunt you.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Teara said:
    Meh, they're okay. I never went to zee any of their moviez (that I can remember) zo I can't comment on their acting though ^^;; I've never been into teen moviez zo I only go to zee them if I'm really board. I go to moveiz to ezcape teen drama, not have to watch even more of it o_o;;
    I'm really not into pop zo it'z juzt bezt if I dont' comment on Hillary'z zinging though. I will zay zhe zeemz to have a nice voice (if that'z really herz).
    I'm not a huge fan of either though, that'z for zure >_<

*zigh* I juzt talked to my friend agian, I guezz he'z moving on the 22nd ;_; I cried zo much after I got off the phone with him, it waz awfull! I don't remember the lazt time I cried zo much. And now I feel bad becauze I waz trying to be in high zpiritz while talking to him and now he thinkz I don't care that he'z leaving -_-

Awww man Sis, I'm sorry, if there anything you want me to help you with like talking over PM like we usually do, please let me know okay?

You know what? If you read my fan-fic I'm guarenteed you'll feel better :) here's the link. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=314930#post314930 I'd appreciate if everyone read it (and if they replied to it too) :)

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Truzt me Gr8person62, itz no fun -_-
    And what'z weird iz juzt a few dayz ago my bezt friend from third grade (I havn't zeen her zince that grade) called me O_o Normally I'd be really happy to hear from her but zhe'z changed zo much...zhe uzez really fowl language and iz juzt no fun to talk to -_- And now I've had to talk to her almozt every day becauze I would never tell zomeone to ztop calling me or talking to me. And when I actuallt get a chance to talk zhe pokez fun at me becauze I'm nothing like her (she doez alot of thingz zhe zhouldn't be doing at her age that I don't). I'm lozing my bezt friend and gaining an old one I can't ztand! O__O Bah, I hate when I life getz complicated ~_~...and I uze too many zmiliez XP...X3

But yea, I'm going to call him tomarrow az zoon az I can and try to pozzibly zpend zome time with before he leavez. Problem iz hiz parentz don't like me zo that'z never eazy ^^;;

Oh, and thankz Bro(yeah! You're back!) and Kayleigh ^__^ I'm zure Ill be fine, I'm juzt in that, "OMG! He'z leaving!! What do I do?!" ztage, I'll be back to normal in da mornin ^_-

BTW, I'm going to go read your fan-fic now Bro, I'm zure it'z really good! 83

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back