• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
England gets completely screwed when it comes to school vacations. The summer break is only six weeks long at the moment and the government have been planning on shortening that to just four weeks in the next year or two.

Not the most screwed things the government are doing for schools, though.

The lottery idea is much, much worse.

Depends on the school.

My primary was 6 hr 20 mins.

But My secondary that I'm going to is 6 hr 25, 7 hr 25 on Mondays.
I wish I went to your school. My school week went like this:

Monday: 9am-4:30pm
Tuesday: 9am-4:pm
Wednesday: 9am-4.30pm
Thursday: 9am-4pm
Friday: 9am-3pm*

*If you did an extra course class like Latin, Statistics etc then Friday would've been 9am-5pm.

Also, we had one fifteen minute break at about 11am and then a 50 minute lunch break at 1pm.

Woah, mine's 8:35am to 2:50pm, and I always thought that was a long day. XD My school's the only one that starts at 8:35, though; everywhere else starts at 8am, which I think is insane. o.o

Dawson's school makes more sense to me. o_o For longer breaks and more days off, longer days would be expected.

And...that makes no sense. ._.; If they want to send kids to different schools, do it by testing or something. I dunno. But lottery doesn't sound right at all.

My school used to be from 8:17 to 2:22. :o

My schedule for school is from 8am - 3pm.
Pretty simple School time, IMO

I still can't believe how some schools end earlier then that.

Dawson's school makes more sense to me. o_o For longer breaks and more days off, longer days would be expected.

And...that makes no sense. ._.; If they want to send kids to different schools, do it by testing or something. I dunno. But lottery doesn't sound right at all.

My school used to be from 8:17 to 2:22. :o

I know.

I'm glad I got to choose.

well see you all I've got to go.

My school day starts at 8:30am to 3:00pm.

And that lottery idea is stupid. D: I'd be stuffed if I was put in a draw to find out which school I was going to be in, because the 2nd nearest secondary school from me is about a 30 minutes walk. And I wouldn't be able to get a ride to school, seeing as my dad leaves for work about 7am. x_x

If the summer holidays were shortened to just 4 weeks. I'd be gutted. ;_;

Our school starts at 8 a.m. and it ends at 3:10 if you're riding the bus, 3:30 if you're staying afterschool.

Yep. It gives the buses time to get out of the way so no one gets ran over while walking home or going to sports practices.

Nomally my school strated at 7:30 and went to 2:30 but this year they changed it to 8:25 to 3:25 which sucks.

^^ Wow.... 7:30?? O.o That's like when I begin to stir in bed...

My school starts at 8:45am and goes through till 3:30pm. But somehow, I still manage to be late for school at times, even though I only live about 5mins away by car.

That's what I thought about at 7:30 too but by the time I got home it was only 3:00. It was great!! But now that's gone. :(

I prefer a later school starting time. That may only be because I like sleeping in... xDD

But I suppose an early time would have an effect on the whole day, wouldn't it? I could see people being really tired each day if that was so early for getting up just to get to school. I remember when I was in Japan I had to get up at 6:00ish and that was horrible because I'm used to sleeping in ...

I prefer a later school starting time. That may only be because I like sleeping in... xDD

But I suppose an early time would have an effect on the whole day, wouldn't it? I could see people being really tired each day if that was so early for getting up just to get to school. I remember when I was in Japan I had to get up at 6:00ish and that was horrible because I'm used to sleeping in ...

I'm running late if I wake up at 6am. I wake up at 5-5:30, get ready, wake myself up, go to school. Only good thing is, I get home like at 3. If there's football practice, then 5. Either way, it's all good. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back