• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily PokéCommunity Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Curiosity combined with a lot of questions. An AMA is a great way to learn about someone.

Oh, I know that! I meant more that some people's die with no replies, and some people's thrive really well.

It's too bad AMAs don't have some default questions to answer to kick everyone's threads off, haha.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I think that part of the quality for AMAs depends on how much people know about the person giving them, and the quality of answers given. If the person giving the AMA has enough of a background on the site for people to have questions about, that helps build the amount of questions because there's plenty to ask about. Same with the answers given. Just one word answers don't help keep the AMA going because there's not much to build off from. But if the answer has enough there to lead to another question, then another question can get asked, and the AMA continues.

That's just my guess about it.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I really wanna ama but I doubt anyone would bother to ask me stuff cause I only just came back and people don't know me

Last edited:

TY

my ama is nothing but people asking me about my riots vs supermarkets, shovels and trains

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Unless you're okay with just lying about what makes you uncomfortable and don't actually want to share?

Who could disprove it? They're asking obviously because they don't know.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Ironically, pretty sure the guy who did is in the same vein as you in that regard, so maybe that's why he figured it was okay and not intrusive?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I gotta ask, why does that make it okay now?

If you're not initially okay or are genuinely fine with answering it, does it really matter *who* asks you?

Not sure I really get how that changes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I didn't actually read the threads or anything so I don't know what went on, I do just want to say that something being "personal" is very subjective. Also, if someone asks a genuine question (especially in an AMA) with no intent of harm or anything negative like that, then I don't see there being any issue. If it's something that's too personal, the question can simply be skipped over and that'll be the end of that.

Just figured I'd throw my two-cents in, despite not actually knowing the context of what is being said above. (Being ignorant of the context might actually be a good thing for my post, actually!)

And I guess while I'm in the mood to shove my shitty opinions everywhere, I'll respond with my own opinions on what Enpatsu said in the post directly above mine.
    I've always kind of lived under the philosophy that if one person is allowed to say or ask something, then everyone should be allowed to. However, on the flipside, I also understand that it's my philosophy on that, and obviously there are going to be people who disagree with it. As a result, despite my own feelings on the matter, I do what I can to respect other people's philosophies and feelings on that stuff. If I think someone is uncomfortable with a certain term or question, despite how I feel about it, I just simply won't use said term or ask said question.

anyways this has been jake's shitty opinion on stuff.
    sorry for the serious post i will resume being an obnoxious shitposter now

Years
  • I gotta ask, why does that make it okay now?

If you're not initially okay or are genuinely fine with answering it, does it really matter *who* asks you?

Not sure I really get how that changes.

Ah, just in case they're experiences are similar.
    I apologized to them though, I have been upset today

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back