• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Oh the usual. Game reviewers aka games journalists being what they are. I was tempted to start a conversation about how game reviewers are kinda "bad" at playing video games but i think we've already agreed as a sub community that a lot of them simply arent simply at our level.

I find it hilarious that crash has been compared to dark souls when crash was never designed to be hard in the first place. That games radar review is a fine testament to the meme.

And of course this piece of fine imagery to sum up most gaming journalists:
64d.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Its kinda no secret that video game reviewers are kinda dog s**t at times but conparig vrash to dark souls is making me smile harder than a golden state warriors bandwagon fan

Last edited by a moderator:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Its kinda no secret that video game reviewers are kinda dog s**t at times but conparig vrash to dark souls is making me smile harder than a golden state warriors bandwagon fan

+1 cause fuck Golden State lol

How exactly were they comparing the two games?

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I had to get an image from an archived thread from 4chan's own vg board which perfectly describrs the debacle:

1498796490917.jpg

As mentioned previously, video game journalists, they "play" agame for 5 or so minutes before writing a thesis about it with buzzwords all over LeBronze5's James tight little tightrope.

Hey guys use Crash Bandicoot and Roguelite in a sentence? Do it and chug down some budweiser while doing so jk

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I never understood why people take reviews so seriously. It's just someone's opinion. It's the same as asking your buddy what he thinks of X game, just with more filler.

No review is right or wrong for how a game is. Buy games that pique your interest and enjoy them (or don't) seperate from someone else's opinion. This is how I buy games now. It doesn't matter if IGN gave it a 2.5 if I have fun playing it and feel value out of my purchase.

PSA over.

And yes, reviewers do suck at games. I witnessed it at e3 when I was one of the only people to not die and get multiple runs in at Far-cry 5 all in one sitting. I think it's a job requirement.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
If i were a game reviewer, i'll probably do a much better job than most of those legitimately grown men and women by a long shot.

Oh and things are even crazier when game reviwers have to review multiplayer games XD. That should probably a task i wouldnt mind doing as im pretty comfortable playing pvp upon learning the basics and i usually have no problems dealing with meta imbalances.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
If i were a game reviewer, i'll probably do a much better job than most of those legitimately grown men and women by a long shot.

Oh and things are even crazier when game reviwers have to review multiplayer games XD. That should probably a task i wouldnt mind doing as im pretty comfortable playing pvp upon learning the basics and i usually have no problems dealing with meta imbalances.

Why do you say that?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
People always think they can do better than journalists, but when the cameras and pressure is on, good luck with that.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I actually have tournament experience (a long time ago however) so i know what it feels like to play in front of crowds and cameras so that kinda helps.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
I actually have tournament experience (a long time ago however) so i know what it feels like to play in front of crowds and cameras so that kinda helps.

Tri hard. Also, you only competed in two as a sub even though you did win both games. But still not even part of the main team :P A stand in. #EXPOSED?

Anyway, before anyone grows their E-Balls like some bandwagon Golden State Warrior Kevin Durant fanbois a new one, let me try to bring the convo back to where it should have been.

Crash being compared to Dark Souls by these reviewers is still rather shallow and uninspired. Yes the Crash games where quite challenging BUT REALLY FUN games and the N-sane Trilogy for the most part is a great package.

Also, the Review provided was actually updated. The review was more of pointing out that the controls for the PS4 may not be as sharp or smooth as the reviewer would have liked. I'm fine with the N-sane trilogy's controls for the most part but then again, I'm a deadbrain Cleaveland fan. Defend the Land.

The original review from that review site was cringy as hell but it seems that it was rewritten by the author based from some of the backlash. Who knows, maybe me and the X are just seeing things.

Also making fun of Golden State will be my jam now. Strength in Numbers? More like Strength in... I'll let you finish that,

Also TSM doing well in Rift Rivals vs EU? Am i dreaming?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Tri hard. Also, you only competed in two as a sub even though you did win both games. But still not even part of the main team :P A stand in

Also TSM doing well in Rift Rivals vs EU? Am i dreaming?

You NOT being toxic for once. Am i dreaming or is this a reality? Also my tourney record is still better than your entire career.

Also Shhh dont jinx it. TSM might blow their 3-1 lead

Also on the topic of randomness, reviewer, trihard, actually pro or otherwise, let it be a solemn vow that people should compare any game that is remotely challenging that requires some trial and error as dark souls. Its kinda bothering to both the souls and non souls players

Also since ppc decides to make useless nba references, Bulls 98-99 > gsw

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
With all the Halos soon coming to the backwards compatibility program, plus all DLC being free, I am for sure going to be playing a ton of Halo 3 once it hits. And a splash of Reach here and there.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
i was thinking of inviting everyone to do a sort of 52 game challenge ripped straight outta Neogaf but its already mid year and such challenge is best experienced at the very start. Hmmm

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Dion Dimucci is suing Zenimax over their use of his song in FO4s trailer. He claims that both they violated the contract for use (he was supposed to be able to approve the trailer but wasn't allowed) and says the trailer is morally poor and glorifies homicide, polluting his "innocent song about coming of age" (of which both claims are crap)

If Bethesda violated their contract to let him approve the content, I think they may be in trouble.

Both his content claims are just a stunt imo. I mean his song is basically about man-whoring and throwing away ladies as soon as they get attached. That's pretty immoral to me!

Oh yeah and he wants a million bucks and to be able to remove the trailer.

Thoughts?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Why do i have a feeling that we are going to get a new unspicy trend of musical composers wanting to sue gaming related companies for whatever claims. The indie gaming scene already had that Alex Mauer case which was frankly a rather digusting thing to re read about.

Also i would like a sort of transcript like actual text or words of Dion Dimmuci's claims and Ill help decode what he is really trying to say.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
No replies? Also wut at thread title (totally in line with this forum userbase so i highly understand :elegiggle:)

Their drafts are bad, their macro game hurts
Its all of EU, not just G2 Perkz

Roses are red, violets are blue
NA > EU

We both have slanted eyes
We play games with no lives
But there is one good idea
China > Korea

Let the triggering commence.

Also just played a few rounds of the greatest pc game ever in original deus ex and seeing what it is today, i do have to say that the gameplay is rather dated but its hihgly understandable.

Then theres Quake 1....

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
ATTENTION EVERYONE I'M NOT DEAD BUT I GOT A SWITCH

Breath of the Wild has consumed my life

carry on

Reactions: EC
Years
I only prefer console gaming because I'm not rich enough (and lack the knowledge) to build or buy a gaming PC.

Also I basically only play Nintendo which I doubt will ever be on PC.

Back