• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I only ever need a PC well enough to run the first two RCT games, and I'm fine.

Considering the age of those games, I'll never have a problem.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Recent announcements of new consoles (ps5 and courtesy of Cidhazard, Xbox2) made me puke considering that we have had our ps4 for a couple of years. As an Asian man living in SEA, its really easy to get a good PC when you talk to the right dealer.

Also sh*tposting aside, my compooter can definitly run Crysis 1. Its feels so freelo to actually run a near 10 year old game perfectly and the funny thing about cry1 (cry engine games in general) is that running the game isnt an issue but keeping that solid framerate can be even with baby specs. Its an issue that doesnt come from a rig's shortcomings but its the game engine itself.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Microsoft? Why did they name the company after his frankenfirter?

#hashtagSonyXActivionandishallinstillthatimagetoyoursouls

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
All I'm going to say Matt is...

OUYA > MICROSOFT CONSOLES.

200w.gif

Years

I mean my specs are great and my PC is just from the previous generation of PC parts (as in, this stuff was top of the line from 2014-2016 and was only replaced on the market in the last calendar year) and only ran me about $650 including the super fancy light-up case, OS, and paying MicroCenter to assemble it because I didn't want to deal with trying to get parts working in my static-y apartment. Spoiler relevant, it's my PC specs:
Spoiler:

Notice that monstrous clock speed.

I only ever need a PC well enough to run the first two RCT games, and I'm fine.

Considering the age of those games, I'll never have a problem.

I need a CPU with a high clock speed to run two games I still play from around that era because they are very demanding of the lone core they use: Sim City 4 Deluxe (base game literally came out less than 4 months after RCT 2 released) and Civilization 4 (2005 release).

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Relevant flair i meant relevant thread title.

Paid by steve.

Inb4 fined by mods for making reddit references to PC.

In all seriousness what are your opinions regarding mouse and keyboard adapters on consoles? It is quite a topic of discussion in other venues but i really want to hear YOUR opinions on it?

Video reference;

Paid by jackfrags

Years
Mouse and keyboard adapters just make me wonder why people buy consoles even more. Most console games nowdays get ported within a year time so why not just buy a PC instead of getting adapters for consoles if you are going to play with keyboard and mouse anyway?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Guys short PSA:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/shadow-warrior-special-edition

Free Shadow Warrior (2013 Reboot) Special Edition. It expires in 22 hours. I already got mine even though i already bought the game originally but free stuff is always good. FREE. ITS FREE LIKE EU and SKT

Also still keeping my original conversation piece regarding mouse and keyboard adapters on consoles btw. and Makoto is best girl

Years
Guys short PSA:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/shadow-warrior-special-edition

Free Shadow Warrior (2013 Reboot) Special Edition. It expires in 22 hours. I already got mine even though i already bought the game originally but free stuff is always good. FREE. ITS FREE LIKE EU and SKT

Also still keeping my original conversation piece regarding mouse and keyboard adapters on consoles btw. and Makoto is best girl

It comes with the cleaning minigame.... unless you got that too.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Im going to get butt slammed by this but Original Deus ex after playing it... gameplay mechanics wise it kinda aged poorly. I mean damn the shooting mechanics are far worse than ive ever imagined and the movement just feels so odd. Then again it is a very old game that does have mods to basically increase its quality of life. However, the story telling still kinda holds up to this day.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Im going to get butt slammed by this but Original Deus ex after playing it... gameplay mechanics wise it kinda aged poorly. I mean damn the shooting mechanics are far worse than ive ever imagined and the movement just feels so odd. Then again it is a very old game that does have mods to basically increase its quality of life. However, the story telling still kinda holds up to this day.

A lot of games controls seem wonky as time goes by, so I don't think you'd be slammed by that comment. The first Assassins Creed is a good example of this; great game, but horrible clunky controls if you try it now.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Meanwhile, all of the quake games (not you quake 4) still has some of the smoothest, most fluid, and satisfying movement and shooting mechanics that most other games wish they had.

Also to all who wished Terry Crews was voicing a video game character:
http://www.pcgamer.com/terry-crewss...source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

The youtube comments are INTeresting. Emphasis on INT (intentional feeding for the brainless i meant unitiated)

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Beat a mission in Halo Wars 2 just in time before my controller batteries died. Will have to pick it up again tomorrow. Two more missions to go. Great game.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
^ relevant flair.

Hmm Destiny 2 is looking good. Too bad i cant play the beta unless i beg a certain friend of mine that i spent an entire weekend on her house and her PS4 then we can have some intense sleepovers

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
A new Battlefield game was confirmed for a 2018 release. Interesting.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Was involved in a 2 hour 3v3 match in Halo Wars 2 today. 3 humans vs 3 AI. Last guy remaining just started mowing down all the AI bases, because myself and our other teammate were no help.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
For everyone who loves their fair share of dead Teemos:

The spicy urgot play by yours truly

I was pretty happy with my Urgot play considering that was one of my first few hours of playing the recently reworked urgot and i somehow managed to play well.

I should also find some actually decent recording software too.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Achievements have been added to Slime Rancher on the XBOX One, and I am going to be all over that.

Back