• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Years
  • you know, i still don't know whether or not i missed out on not getting the vita. im not really sure if it'd be my kind of handheld or not.

pkmin3033

Vita had easily the best JRPG and VN library last generation, although with the Switch getting a lot of them and more besides I'd say give it a couple more years and you won't have missed out on TOO much by not having one.

Years
  • Vita had easily the best JRPG and VN library last generation, although with the Switch getting a lot of them and more besides I'd say give it a couple more years and you won't have missed out on TOO much by not having one.

I think even still to this day.

The Vita, to me, was and still is a marvelous machine. It not only gave you acess to classics like Chrono Trigger and hundreds of other PS1 Klassics like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (RPG light I suppose) but they had the Atelier series, Neptune, Conception, Abyss as well as thousands of Japanese titles available if you had the gumption to import or create a Japanese PSN.

Between the 3DS and the Vita, I appreciated the Vita more for the library it offered. Nintendo games are great, but the Vita had some killer titles. It was a shame people said it had no games when the opposite was true.

It had more PS1 games than the 3DS had Nintendo equivalents (Gameboy, Nes, Snes). I think the real tragedy is how long it took Nintendo to release Snes titles on the 3DS store in NA and no N64 games as well hurt my opinion of their digital decisions. They remastered some N64 titles, but there wasn't a large variety of them.

Cid

Years
  • I think even still to this day.

The Vita, to me, was and still is a marvelous machine. It not only gave you acess to classics like Chrono Trigger and hundreds of other PS1 Klassics like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (RPG light I suppose) but they had the Atelier series, Neptune, Conception, Abyss as well as thousands of Japanese titles available if you had the gumption to import or create a Japanese PSN.

Between the 3DS and the Vita, I appreciated the Vita more for the library it offered. Nintendo games are great, but the Vita had some killer titles. It was a shame people said it had no games when the opposite was true.

It had more PS1 games than the 3DS had Nintendo equivalents (Gameboy, Nes, Snes). I think the real tragedy is how long it took Nintendo to release Snes titles on the 3DS store in NA and no N64 games as well hurt my opinion of their digital decisions. They remastered some N64 titles, but there wasn't a large variety of them.

That's interesting. I guess I never really got curious enough to see what the Vita offered. Most of our Sony consoles I shared with my bro when I was younger, while I got the 3DS and the Switch for myself, so that in itself makes me more inclined to look at Nintendo titles more.

User Anon 1848

The jumping and handling in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is the worst of the series. It's a shame too because the stages and characters are so vibrant and beautiful.

Cid

Years
  • The jumping and handling in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is the worst of the series. It's a shame too because the stages and characters are so vibrant and beautiful.
    Ah, that's too bad. I was hoping that game would continue to reinvent the DKC series, so that I get to play any new title that comes out of it. I remember enjoying the first two on the SNES. Here's hoping they still make a new one with better physics.

Age of Empires Definitive Edition scammed me, i need 1000 wins to get my favorite unit as an icon... how am i supposed to reach that :why:
    Man, I feel you. Perhaps they knew some fans would be dedicated enough to play that much, especially with how exclusive that must feel to reach that point where you have the icon signifying 1000 wins. I haven't played Age of Empires in years, so good luck to you, man.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Man, I feel you. Perhaps they knew some fans would be dedicated enough to play that much, especially with how exclusive that must feel to reach that point where you have the icon signifying 1000 wins. I haven't played Age of Empires in years, so good luck to you, man.

Luckily games vs the AI count too so you can get it fairly simple, but thats still 1000 games. Then again it's a fully upgraded unit so it makes sense to unlock that icon at a high wincount.

I found something neat for the meantime though haha.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • Getting ready to send my Nintendo Switch for repair or replacement. It bricked on me out of nowhere. Worked just fine the day before, then I tried powering it on the next day and it wouldn't get past the Nintendo Switch screen.

pkmin3033

Oof, Christmas is the worst possible time for that to happen...I hope your Nintendo customer services are at least faster than the ones here are =x

Today we have both a State of Play and a Nintendo Indie Direct to look forward to! Although I will probably not watch either...my interest in live presentations has waned somewhat over the years. Probably because they tend to pad them with commentary and games I'm not interested in, and the news sites just break them down game-by-game.

User Anon 1848

Ah, that's too bad. I was hoping that game would continue to reinvent the DKC series, so that I get to play any new title that comes out of it. I remember enjoying the first two on the SNES. Here's hoping they still make a new one with better physics.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed too. For whatever reason DK controls smoother in the water than he does on land or in air. Some fans will probably defend it by saying the poor physics make the game harder but even if that was a decision made by design, I much prefer DKC2's approach of giving the player smooth control of the characters and letting all of the difficulty come from the platforming itself. I do feel like I've still gotten my money's worth though. If you're a sucker for nostalgia then you wont regret buying it. One day I hope we get a game just focusing on Donkey Kong and Dixie and we get to use both characters to their full potential. They nerfed Dixie's spinning a lot in this game, probably so she wouldn't overshadow the other monkeys so much.

Years
  • sorry for the abrupt change in subject but im so... irritated that my Switch has a small like, scratch on it and even though it's probably not a big deal it's still so irritating lol

big regret for not getting a screen protector earlier

pkmin3033

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a second one

Do you play it docked much? Apparently the dock can scratch the screens quite easily in some cases...or outright warp the plastic if it gets too hot. Blemishes on consoles are the worst though - once you know they're there your eyes just get drawn to them and you can't think of anything else =x

Years
  • yeah, i constantly play it docked (i rarely play it actually handheld) so what likely ended up happening is that the dock probably scratched the screen at some point. it's mostly noticeable in really light backgrounds, like when im browsing the eshop or something.

tbh i wouldnt mind getting another one but im waiting for like a special edition or something

pkmin3033

I wonder if Nintendo fix scratched screens...might be worth asking?

I'm waiting for a Xenoblade Switch Lite before I grab one...because I just know that there will be a red one with a Monado on the back or something and I will HAVE to have it. Between that hypothetical console, PS5, and my desire to get an Xbone for Game Pass - and all the games I will want to buy next year - my wallet is in for a bad time in 2020...

pkmin3033

I played Advance Wars and I honestly didn't care for it...give me swords and sorcery over guns and tanks any day. It's just never held the same appeal...part of the reason I could never really get into Valkyria Chronicles either.

That said, I AM moderately interested in trying Wargroove out one day, when it's cheap enough. I wouldn't pay more than £10 for it.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • The problem I had with Advance Wars is I could never get into the whole mechanics of the game and the only turn-based strategy game I do like is Civilization, albeit for the sole reason that trolling friends in multiplayer is a godsent.

Had friends hype up Wargroove too, the same people who were into Advance Wars granted, so it made sense they'd shove Wargroove into my face aswell.

I rather have full control over what I do at any time, Real-Time Strategy games are way more my thing xD
    or being insulted by space dolphins :(

Back