• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark or milk choccolate?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Also, people need to stop drinking red wine with chocolate. The tannins ruin the flavour of the chocolate and the chocolate makes the wine taste like rubbish.

I disagree. I've been to wine tasting events that pair reds with desserts and specifically chocolate.. and it was great! Some tasted rubbish together, yes, but others were heavenly! :3

I've also seen recipes for red-wine-chocolate-cakes! Look them up! Really interesting :3

Years
    I disagree. I've been to wine tasting events that pair reds with desserts and specifically chocolate.. and it was great! Some tasted rubbish together, yes, but others were heavenly! :3

I've also seen recipes for red-wine-chocolate-cakes! Look them up! Really interesting :3
    I still don't agree. I've had chocolates less sweet than wine and it's still tasted foul.

A chocolate stand I went to at the Good Food and Wine Show also asked people whether they'd been tasting wines before they tried any chocolate due to the effect it has on flavour.

Prior to personally realising the two should never mix I bought a chocolate red wine and it was a complete waste of $20. I can drink cheap wines (<$10 a bottle), but I poured that stuff down the sink.

I should add that I'm still open minded to the idea if it can be proved. If you've had a good chocolate and red wine combo (I don't do white wine), send me the details and I'll try it.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    DARK CHOCOLATE. Oh my god. I want some, now.

Typically for me, the darker the chocolate, the more I'll like it and vice versa. Dark is my favorite, I can really appreciate some milk, but white chocolate is just a little eh for me, unless it's paired with something like raspberry.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I still don't agree. I've had chocolates less sweet than wine and it's still tasted foul.

A chocolate stand I went to at the Good Food and Wine festival also asked people whether they'd been tasting wines before they tried any chocolate due to the effect it has on flavour.

Prior to personally realising the two should never mix I bought a chocolate red wine and it was a complete waste of $20. I can drink cheap wines (<$10 a bottle), but I poured that stuff down the sink.

You are fine to disagree! I quite enjoyed it really! Some pairings did indeed taste foul but others were actually amazing. Could just be a difference in what we prefer like some people saying they hate white chocolate and others loving it. Me, myself, can't understand why anyone would want to put chillies in their hot chocolate (mayan hot chocolate I think they call it) unless they enjoy dry burning sensations in their mouths as that's what it does to me. (A good hot choc is silky and smooth to me.) Though I do know people who've deliberately wanted to sweat whilst eating a curry so.. to each their own!

All in all, maybe you're not "supposed" to mix them, but I've enjoyed it and I enjoy mixing other food too (dipping unsalted fries into an icecream milkshake for example.) :p You can just call me weird then.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Since it's been mentioned in here a couple times...

I went to Soma tonight. Had myself a wonderful spicy dark hot chocolate :) Picked up some mix of the same for home use too. And a "Starry Night" bar, Dark peruvian chocolate (65%? I think. A little bit low) and sprinkled with some sea salt

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Dark chocolate tastes nice. It's so pure. Milk chocolate is alright but the ones i've had have been too sugary.

Back