• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Which characters do you think should be shipped?

• Gray/Arryn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gray/Val

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Gray/Tulip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray/Shadow

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Shadow/Arryn

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Shadow/Anna

• Shadow/Tulip

• Deacon/Anna

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deacon/Lydia

• Alek/Arryn

• Rex/Lydia

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rex/Anna

• Shadow/Val

• Alek/Melody

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Val/Arryn

• Jason/Tulip

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years

Arryn​
    Gray finally enters the apartment and Arryn has a hard time looking at him or anyone properly after the stunt she pulled.

"Listen up," he begins. "Because I don't like any of you, it doesn't bother me to tell you all I tried to kill Shadow." Gray glances behind him, "come out."

It looks as if it climbed out from hell, Arryn thinks as the tiny beast buzzing with electricity stands before everyone.

She listens as Gray introduced Light and stands up from the armchair when she no longer feels like a punching bag. Light has its qualities where it might be cute, but the blood red eyes make it quite difficult.

"Speaking of Giovanni…" Gray starts, staring straight at her. "He's moved to Johto. I don't know his reasoning, but he's there."

The connection between him and Light is quite astounding and for a second, she wonders if she could be as powerful…

"Also… Light was able to access video footage of what happened… I saw everything."

She tenses. Of all the times I've thought him to be a monster, a by-product of Giovanni and now he has now witnessed the worse of me…

"Arryn, you're strong… but you're also weak. Don't do anything so stupid ever again. Unless you want me to do something stupid, too." Gray threatens.

As he thanks Shadow for being there, Arryn looks down at the potion in her hands. In his way, Gray seems to care whether she dies or not… or he's just annoyed that if she dies, he's stuck with people he can't get along with.

"Tulip's little vision was right." Gray sits on the floor, looking at Light. "We need to go to Johto if we want Giovanni. But getting there will be no easy task… Any suggestions?"

Arryn rubs her forehead, wondering just when her life became so complicated.

"We have a few flying Pokemon among us, but we'll have to share if we go that route… or we could take the subway and risk the Hybrid discrimination." It's nothing we couldn't handle, anyway.

Placing the almost empty potion on the table, Arryn walks towards the bathroom. "I'll be back, I need to wash all the blood off."

She closes the door firmly behind her and glances at the mirror.

… Wow. In the words of Tulip, I don't feel pretty at all.

On days she tolerated her appearance, didn't care much for make-up other than around her eyes and usually always kept her hair half in a tie, the messy style. But looking at herself now she almost wants to take Tulip up on her offer of a makeover.

Before that train of thought turns into anything, Arryn jumps in the shower to wash the blood and grime from her face and hands.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    Darren

Darren and Houndoom walked back inside. Darren walked to the bedroom door and leaned against the wall, looking around at the room. Maybe I should wait until everyone is better before I head out. That way they can at least fight. Darren looked down at Tulip, Visions huh.., Daren heard the door open and looked up to see Gray walk in. Gray mentioned something about trying to kill Shadow. Doesn't surprise me. Although I am surprised he never tried killing me yet. Suddenly a beast made of lightning appeared. Darren's fists burst into flame and he stood straight, ready to attack.

Darren listened to Gray's explanation. About how the monster was created from Gray's powers and how the group needed to go to Johto to hunt down Giovanni. "But getting there will be no easy task... Any suggestions?" Gray asked, sitting down. I need the money to get to Hoenn but... this group is gonna need it more than me. Darren sighed and shook the flames off his hands. "We don't have enough flying pokemon to carry this group. But if the magnet train is still running then we could take that. I think I've got enough cash for all of us to ride. That way we won't have to worry about drawing too much attention." Looks like Houndoom and I may be hanging around longer than I thought.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

"Hmm... I like that Idea... The Magnet train. Personally, I don't like hiding the fact that I'm a Hybrid. Plus, Rex is a Giant, So he stands out more than anyone. What I think we should do, Is Walk straight up to everyone, and threaten to kill them if they don't let us on the train." I said out loud soon glancing at Light.

"Sounds easy enough right? People are easy to control when they're scared." I said with a sinister smirk.

Light gazed at me as I stated my sentence and let out a few sparks, showing it's agreement and excitement.

"Besides... I know you and your Houndoom would love to be the ones who make OTHERS run from YOU instead of you running from them." I said to Darren, as I glanced at him.

"We'll need a set up though. If they wanna treat us like terrorist, we'll become the Terrorist they have always visioned. WE will give them a real reason to hate us. They hate us because of the fact that we're strong. So we'll use that to our advantage."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow (Hybrid):

Shadow took a drink of his bottle of water again as Darren returned, followed by Gray. Shadow couldn't help, but smile when Gray confirmed that he tried to kill him, even though Shadow wasn't going to say anything. Gray then brought out the lightning beast that Shadow had some how convinced not to kill him and then said he knew everything that happened.

Damn. I didn't want them to know. Not yet. But only Gray knows. Should I tell everyone else?

He listened as Gray asked for suggestions on getting to Johto.

Arryn suggested using the magnet train subway thing. He was glad he didn't have to suggest such an obvious idea. She then walked into the bathroom. Darren suggested using his money to pay for tickets.

Gray then suggested becoming a terrorist. He didn't like the idea. In fact he hated it.

"First off Gray, you don't owe me anything. I simply did what was right. Darren, I can pay for my ticket if that is what we take. Don't worry about that. But now that we are all talking, let me introduce myself correctly. You all already know my name. I am called what I am. Shadow. My typing is Fighting and Dark. I guess I could be considered a ying and yang typing as fighting types were once thought of as light and dark... well is dark. I don't like Team Rocket obviously. Which is why I killed them tonight. If I can avoid it, I don't fight. So I don't agree with terrorizing citizens, regardless of what they may think of us. You can terrorize all you want, but I will not do anything unless I have to." Shadow said, turning to look at Rex and Tulip who had not yet said anything.

Eevee had climbed off of Tulip's lap and continued to lay near her. next to her. Shadow finished off his water, throwing the bottle in the nearest trash can. Which he instantly regretted as a surge of pain went up his side.

Not to mention I can barely freaking move at the moment.

Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

Shadow suggested paying for his own ticket, Darren looked at him and nodded. "That's fine". Darren looked back at Gray. This guy might not kill me himself, but I have a feeling he might get my killed... "So that's how we're going to do things? Kill anybody who's in our path, whether they're blocking it or not?" Darren stared at Gray. "I hate people for the way they treat me-us just as much as you do. But if we march in there and threaten to kill them, or straight up kill them, then we're no better". Darren looked down at Houndoom then back up. "And yes, Houndoom and I would like to stop running. But threatening a train station is only going to make us run even more. I'm pretty sure if we use your tactic, the police and maybe army will be all over that place."

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

Hmm... I don't agree with their morals... But they do have some points. First, Becoming a terrorist would actually be counter productive in the long run... Hmm... Having the police and army involved would be fun for a while, but then It'll get boring quick, And we'll always have to run...

"Heh... I like people with a voice. I hate ignorance and blank acceptance. You manage to make me re-think my Idea... Not bad. Killing innocent people would make us just as low as them, But we are the superior beings." I asserted.

"Alright then, We'll be civilized for now. We'll tell them upfront we're hybrids though. Rex's appearance is unexplainable. Perhaps, If they see that we are not the monsters they assume us to be, Maybe they'll realize that we're not so bad. The problem with that, is that if we need to kill in order to defend ourselves, the media and masses will look at that as mindless murder..." I look back at Darren.

"So that's why you let that man beat you. You could have killed him anytime, but if you did, it would give them more of a reason to hate us. I... Guess I owe you an apology... But Don't expect one." I reminded to Darren.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn​
    Arryn listens in on the conversation from the bathroom, shaking her head as she gets dressed. I've had enough murder for one day. What good is terrorising a whole station going to do? Make them become the most wanted criminals in every region, that's what.

Luckily, Darren talks Gray out of his mad idea of becoming terrorists.

She looks in the mirror a final time – the blood and sweat is gone, but her temple is bruised and there is a very obvious scar from the dagger on her cheek. It will do.

Opening the door, Arryn joins everyone in the living room and reaches for her rucksack that is on the floor next to the busted television.

"No murder unless absolutely necessary and we'll all split the supplies between us," she glances at everyone. "We can't afford to be wanted criminals when we're relocating."

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

"So that's why you let that man beat you. You could have killed him anytime, but if you did, it would give them more of a reason to hate us." Gray said, looking at Darren. Darren nodded, "That and being part Dark type makes it hard to handle so many fighting attacks". Honestly it was mainly me just not thinking clearly, but we'll go with that. "Well, if we do NEED to kill then so be it", Houndoom nodded. "When do we plan on leaving?" Darren leaned back against the wall. Seriously, I woke up planning on leaving this group, and now I'm planning on going to Johto with them... Darren watched Arryn walk out of the bathroom. "No murder unless absolutely necessary and we'll all split the supplies between us," Arryn said. Darren nodded then looked down. Can't carry too many supplies in my pockets, but I could probably fit a potion or two in my jacket.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow (Hybrid):

Shadow listened once again as Darren and Gray exchange words. He was glad that Gray was agree with both of them. It was then when Arryn came out of the bathroom looking better. Shadow took a seat on the ground and put his head back on the wall and looked up at the roof.

Arryn suggested everyone splitting the supply. He didn't want to take anymore. He had already ate some of their food, took a water and used a potion. He hadn't worked for any of it. He didn't feel like he deserved any of it. He had always been alone surviving alone. Making his own food and drinks.

"No. The supplies should be split among you five. I wasn't ever around when you got the supplies. I shouldn't have any of it. I have my berries. That will be fine for now."

Shadow put his hand on his head and wiped away sweat. He hadn't felt like this in a while. Tired. Sore. It felt like he had been run over multiple times in a Rhyhorn Race now. He touched his face. He hadn't realized he had blood on it. He needed to clean up. He stood back up leaning against the wall for a moment. Then walked to the kitchen without saying anything.

He walked over to the sink in hopes of running water. He turned on the water and cupped his hands and killed them with water. He splashed the water on his face and washed away the dried blood and muck. The last time he had felt like this was when he had been nearly killed by a wild Tyranitar up in Mount Silver.

He wondered why he started to find it so easy to talk to these people when he was never sure how to talk to anyone.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

Tulip finally woke up. She looked to the side and saw the eevee and squealed.

"Its SO cute!" She held it in her arms.

"Oh wait..." she put the eevee down. "My aura could turn it into a Sylveon if we arent careful..." She said smiling at the eevee. She stood up looking at everyone and smiling. She walks over to Darren.

"I know you planned on leaving... thanks for staying..." she whispered.

"Oh! Arryn! Come here I have a surprise for you!" She said walking to the back. She comes out with a black dress that has little icicles and snow flakes on it.

"Its my way of saying sorry for being a bitch... It might not be your type but.. its the thought that counts... Oh.. Have you shaved your legs? I mean I know you wear jeans so you usually dont have too... I mean I dont have to shave but I know thats not something everyone has... Um.. Anyways! Im sorry." she said hugging Arryn.

"So were taking the magnet train? Are we bringing ALL the supplys? Should I make more food? Or clothes...? Who wants new clothes? Im really good at sewing. I could make something to suit your types better... Allthough that may take some time... and better materials... i could get the materials... Hmmm... Okay. Ill be back." she said, basically talking to herself. She had Gardevoir teleport her somewhere and a few minutes later came back with a bunch of materials, a sewing machine and a razor. She handed the razor to Arryn with a wink that sat down.

"Okay ill need everyones full types." She sits down.

"Oh and Arryn. Youre dress already does that. You can freeze the icicles on your dress and pull them off and use them as weapons and the fabric of the dress is reapers cloth which is for ghost types I know but it absorbs darkness." She smiled

"Okay... whos first?" she asks smiling.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn​
    "No. The supplies should be split among you five. I wasn't ever around when you got the supplies. I shouldn't have any of it. I have my berries. That will be fine for now."

Arryn looks up at Shadow in the midst of placing water bottles in her sack. There's so much to take from Rex and Gray's raid that it really needs to be split amongst everyone.

"Oh! Arryn! I have a surprise for you!" Tulip races into the bedroom and comes out, brandishing a beautiful black dress with the bottom half dusted with icicles and snowflakes on the chiffon material.

"It's my way of saying sorry… It might not be your type but… it's the thought that counts."

Arryn loves the dress, a lot… it's not something she would wear during the day but more on a special occasion – which are pretty rare in her life.

"Oh… have you shaved your legs? I mean I know you wear jeans so you usually don't have too…"

She sighs and takes the dress carefully, folding it over carefully as to not wrinkle the material. "Yes, I do. Now that that is public knowledge…" Arryn places the dress on top of the water bottles and denim shorts in her bag.

"Anyways! I'm sorry," she hugs her and Arryn accepts it, Tulip is a very affectionate person, resisting is futile.

Tulip opens her business of making clothes for everyone and hands Arryn a razor. She shoves it in her bag and zips it shut, mortified.

"Oh, and Arryn? Your dress already does that. You can freeze the icicles on your dress and pull them off to use them as weapons and the fabric of the dress is reapers cloth which is for ghost types I know but it absorbs darkness."

So that is what the chiffon is…

Thinking of it now, the dress makes for a good disguise if Arryn needs to sneak around and have it be useful at the same time.

Arryn walks into the kitchen where Shadow is washing his face covered in blood.

"You know… you're one of us now. Taking some of the supplies would be a big help. It would be a waste to leave some behind." She hands him a potion that she took from the many bags of supplies and returns to the living room.

"Perhaps we should be on the train tonight…" Given the fact that Kanto is throwing ridiculous challenges at them, leaving as soon as possible would be the best bet of getting out together.

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

Tulip got up and walked up to Darren. "I know you planned on leaving... thanks for staying..." Tulip whispered to Darren. How did she know... Tulip began talking to Arryn and ran off. Darren walked to the kitchen, pulled out his katana, then grabbed a towel. Darren ran the towel under some water then moved to the table and began wiping blood of the blade of his sword. Should have done this last night before it dried. Darren's left hand burst into flame and he ran it along the blade of his katana, drying off the water. Darren sheathed the sword and stood up. "Houndoom and I will be outside". The two left the building and stood in the alley. "Keep an eye on that lightning thing, I don't trust it." Houndoom nodded "Doom, Houndoom". Darren looked to the end of the alley, It's not too late, Houndoom and I could still head to Vermillion. Darren thought back to few minutes ago, thanks for staying, Darren sighed, Guess I inadvertently promised to stay...

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

I stand up walking into the kitchen where Shadow and Arryn are.

"Hey Shadow. What are your types...?" She asked curiously. She smiled softly her aura radiating. She looked at him.

"Oh god..." She put her hand on his face.

"Hey... I wonder..." she looked at him and Arryn. She kisses the scar on Arryns cheek. It starts to fade a little but not fully.

"Do you have any scars anywhere Shadow?" she asked warmly.

"My mom said that my fairy powers were magic and healing... If you have any scars I can kiss them and maybe they'll go away." She asked getting a little closer to him.

"Oh! Im sorry... Personal space." she said stepping back a little and then guiltly looking at Darren then at the floor.

"God im awful..." she said to herself.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow:

Shadow laughs a little at Tulip, not only because she thinks she can turn Eevee into a Sylveon, but also what she said to Arryn. He listens to Tulips request to make new clothing for everyone one. Again he thought about taking too much. He looked into the sink, seeing his reflection in the metal.

""You know… you're one of us now. Taking some of the supplies would be a big help. It would be a waste to leave some behind." Arryn said as she walked into the kitchen. The put a potion in his hand.

He looked at the potion. His eyes widened slightly. He had only heard those words told to him once before and then she died. His sister had told him that. All his life, he had been accepted, but only because he hid that he was a hybrid. Now he was being accepted for who he was.

He remembered his sister. He remembered him crying over her when he held her in his arms. He had said he was so sorry he couldn't do anything to her. She had simply smiled and replied, not to worry and that one day he would make it up to her.

Tears formed in his eyes as he watched Arryn return to the other room. He felt tears flowing down his cheeks. He turned back to the sink and washed away the tears so he could hide that he had been crying. He dried his eyes and regained his normal emotions.

It was then Tulip entered. He blushed at what she asked.

"Uh... well there is the massive bruise on my side. But it isn't really a scar... As you can see." He said as he pulled his shirt up to show her.

She got closer and then backed up, "Sorry personal space." She had said.

"Don't worry about it." Shadow said as he scrached his head with an awkward smile.

He placed his hand on his necklace. Back then I couldn't do anything. I couldn't save anyone. But now... I can. I know now why I care so much about others. Why I want to protect them, even if they don't care about me. It was all because of you my sister. Because of you, I am who I am today. I failed once. I am not going to fail again. He thought as he placed the potion that Arryn had given him into his pocket.

His pain slowly started to fade.

"Oh uh... sorry.. My typing is Dark and Fighting."

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

As I remained silent for the past few minutes, I examined everybody. Especially Arryn. I resented the fact that she was so open to this new comer. I want to say something, But I knew she was quick to open up to me too. It would be wrong for me to question her.

Shadow... You are correct. You should not be taking the Items I got. I didn't get them for YOU, I got them for Arryn... And here she is, offering you those items as if you're one of us...

I started to become disgusted with Arryn.

"... Why is she just throwing items at him like I got them for him?" I growled to myself lowly.

I watched as he cried tears of either joy or sorrow.

"Tch... Pansy..." I mumbled, diverting my look towards them away.

As I internally debated, Light was quick to understand my feelings and attempted to interrupt Shadow's and Arryn's conversation. Too busy thinking on what else to think about, I didn't notice Light approaching them.

Light knew his presence was unnerving, and by walking to them, he had hoped that him just standing there would make them uncomfortable.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

"Okay.... Pull up your shirt again." she asks getting on her knees and she gently kisses the bruise making it go away.

"hehe it worked!" she said smiling blushing a little bit.

"I think Ill make Darrens clothes..." she goes back to the sewing machine and starts sewing something thinking.

Tulip. What are you doing? Youre going to cause problems in this group if you dont pick a guy. What have I done. I dont know what ive done... I just... I dont know what this void is... Its like I cant live without love. I constantly need a boyfriend or a love interest... I wonder why... Wait... Im starting to remember... Okay...Okay... I was a baby.... Little.... before I met my parents... I was alone....I was hurt... I had nobody.... I promised I would never feel that unloved ever again... But its not fair that im pushing my own personal problems on everyone else.

She saw Darren leave and sighed a little.

See... he probably left because of you... You idiot. You disgusting filth. The voice was back. It came around every now and again.... whenever she started thinking about things too much... I should probably stop.

((Goodnight everyone! Lots of Love <3))

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn​
    The pain of her fresh scar lessens once Tulip kisses it, becoming just a small sensation; a reminder that it's there. Arryn looks in the reflection of the television, the once harsh line becoming very fine and hardly noticeable.

She kneels as Light approaches her. The red eyes are unnerving, as is the body that hums with electricity; though she has no fear of him. I wonder what would happen if I touched him... probably have a nasty burn to match the one on her leg, best to just leave him be.

Shadow, her Absol, walks up beside her and with Arryn on her knees, they are the same height.

"He won't hurt me," she assures her Absol that growls in warning at Light.

Arryn slings an arm over Shadow's neck. "Ready for a scenery change? We're finally leaving this awful region and heading to Johto."

Shadow looks less than excited but doesn't seem indifferent - It's a start.

"Does anyone know the departure times of the magnet train? If not, one of us can go and check at the station."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow (Hybrid):

His whole face turned red as Tulip kissed his side, on her knees at that. Oh crap. Crap crap crap.

All the pain that was there had vanished. He watched Tulip turn quickly and back to sewing. He then got an idea. But first, he let everything settle down.

"Tulip. I have a special request for you." He said. As he saw the lightning beast walked toward him.

Honestly. It isn't like I am trying to steal Arryn from you Gray. He thought ignoring the beast.

"Before I give you this though, no one be alarmed at what is about to happen. I am in full control of my actions." Shadow said as he took the necklace off.

His pure power ability started to take shape around his body. The shadowy purple/black color swirled around him like it never had before. Possibly because he was getting new power from what he had just vowed. But it was still far weaker than it had been that morning. It slowly covered his body.

"This is my ability, Pure Power. It takes on the shape of my typing and gives physical attacks a boost. I can control it as long as I have the necklace on for one reason or another. I haven't practiced enough to control when it appears 100%. It isn't a Dark Aura, as it is much weaker than that."

He walked past the lightning beast it took a knee next to Tulip who seemed to be deep in thought. He held it out with the Talonflame showing and placed it on the cloth she was working with.

"If you can hear me through your thinking, could you make this necklace into a type of glove. With the symbol showing? I would appreciate it." He said.

He turned to face Gray. And then turned toward the door.

"If you will excuse me. I will be going outside to get some air now." Shadow said as his aura started to fade as he struggled to suppress the Pure Power, but he was able to suppress it where it didn't show.

He walked past Gray and out the front door. He took a seat on the steps.

"Vibrava! Noibat! Come out. Go flying to exercise. Just stay within sight. Not sure how long we will be here." Shadow said as the two pokemon came out and started to fly.

Gray... you say you hate everyone, but it is obvious that perhaps you don't. It also seems to me that you have some good in you. I just hope that one day we can truly be friends. You are obviously more powerful than anyone right now. And if you want to fight, I will never fight. Not unless you turn into a true threat. Shadow thought as he watched his to pokemon fly around on the steps.

He hears a question from Arryn, but it is muffled by the walls. He decides to let Gray answer what ever the question was.

(That's it for tonight I think guys and gals. Talk to yall later.)

Years
    Rex

Rex stays quiet through the conversation, instead taking a seat on the floor and getting some food. Somehow he had appointed himself the team's medic, taking care of them and making them feel comfortable. Of course, once Tulip demonstrates her healing kisses, his role as healer is in jeopardy. I guess I'll just be the muscle. And caretaker, I guess...

Forcing his attention back to the conversation, he notices that his size is apparently going to be trouble if they're trying to be discrete. "Hey, guys. I'm hardly the only giant in the world. If anyone gets nervous, we'll just tell them I'm big boned!"

He laughs at his joke, trying to lighten the mood. Then he drops a radical thought on them. "It's either that, or I find my own way there and meet up with you all when you arrive."

He holds up a hand to forestall any arguments. "I'm a dead giveaway, so maybe that's the best option. Hawk can take me to Vermilion, and I'll charter a boat to Olivine. I can get to Goldenrod from there. If I leave now, and you all leave tonight, we should be reunited by morning."

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

Darren and Houndoom stood around looking at the alley. Shadow stepped outside, released a Vibrava and a Noibat, then sat down on the steps. Darren began walking down the alley away from Shadow and motioned for Houndoom to follow. "What are we doing here?" Houndoom tilted it's head, "You know as well as I do that hanging around these people is going to end badly. Let alone falling in love with one of them". Houndoom nodded then looked straight ahead as it walked. "Do you think we can trust Tulip, or could this end the same way things did with Claire?". Houndoom shrugged. A blurred image of a girl passed through Darren's mind and he shivers. I remember swearing that day that we'd never travel with another person and that I'd never fall for another girl. And yet here we are doing both of those.

Last edited:
    Back