• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Which characters do you think should be shipped?

• Gray/Arryn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gray/Val

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Gray/Tulip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray/Shadow

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Shadow/Arryn

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Shadow/Anna

• Shadow/Tulip

• Deacon/Anna

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deacon/Lydia

• Alek/Arryn

• Rex/Lydia

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rex/Anna

• Shadow/Val

• Alek/Melody

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Val/Arryn

• Jason/Tulip

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    Darren

Houndoom walked in, giving up the chase after Shadow outran it. Darren looked up at Houndoom then back to Tulip. "I'm not saying that I want you to date other guys." Well, guess I'll see how she reacts. "Ok. It was two or three years ago, I'm not sure I never pay attention to time anymore. But I was with this girl named Claire who was also a hybrid. We had been dating for about two months. One day Houndoom and I were sitting under a tree, Houndoom was still a Houndour at the time. Claire said she was going to get supplies, so Houndoom and I took a nap". Darren paused and looked at Houndoom.

"Then a few hours later she came back. She said something and smiled, I was going to say something but then heard noise behind me. I turned around to see what the noise was and then she drove a poison spike through my back. Well, turns out the noise behind me was coming from a few team rocket members who had paid Claire to kill me. Apparantly I wasn't worth as much as they were paying her. Well Houndoom jumped onto Claire and started attacking before she could stab me again, giving me time to grab my sword. Next thing I know, rocket members are dragging Houndoom away and Claire is shooting more poison at me. I- I didn't want to do it, but if I didn't then I would have been dead and who knows where Houndoom would be now." Darren looked back at Houndoom. "After realizing that the poison was getting blocked, Claire formed another spike and ran at me. I managed to dodge the spike and drive my katana through her heart." Darren looked back to Tulip and paused for a minute to let the story sink in. "So, it's not that I want you to be with another guy. I guess it's just that, I'm afraid history will repeat itself". Darren sighed and looked at Tulip, I probably should have kept that all to myself and just walked away.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow (Hybrid):

Shadow stopped dead in his tracks as the voice entered his head. He tried again to bring the bat down on the man.

'Stop this Shadow. You have to. If you kill him, you are a monster.' The voice said.

'S...Sara....'

The voice vanished and he was no longer sure what to do.

"Please.... don't..." The man begged.

"The last two people who begged not to be killed, attacked me after I decided to let them go. What makes you think I can believe you? You kicked and mistreated an Eevee. You hit my friend in the back with a metal back and possibly broke it. Why shouldn't I end you now?" Shadow asked.

"You mean just like I can't trust you not to kill me? Hybrids... all of the ones I have met have done terrible things. Why do you think we hate them?" The man countered.

Shadow thought about it for a minute. If I let him go... does that make me weak? Does that make me a failure? What would everyone else think? What would Tulip think?

Shadow held the bat in the air and roared and frustration. The bat smashed into the ground and bent in two. He let the bat go and it clanged against the concrete. Shadow turned away.

"Not all of us are alike. Some may be monsters. But the only true monsters are Team Rocket or were sick enough to do this to us. We didn't choose this. Team Rocket did. I never want to see you again. I never want you to hurt anyone or anything ever again. Don't make me regret not killing you or I will hunt you down and I will kill you. And it will be slowly. Now drop the hair and get the hell out of here and remember what I said." Shadow said.

He heard the man walk closer. A hand was placed on his shoulder. Shadow turned to face the man. The man opened Shadow's hand and placed the hair in his hand. The man then walked over to the bat and slashed his arm and let blood drip on it.

"All of us have done terrible things. And this is my punishment for everything I have done." The man said as he covered his arm with his shirt. "If you are afraid for not being accepted. Take the bat. If you don't then fine."

The man said as he walked out of the alley.

Shadow's aura died down until it was all settled. Shadow walked to the bat that was covered in blood now. He picked it up with his hand. He studied it for a moment and walked away with it. He passed people and they all looked at him.

He couldn't act like someone he wasn't. He couldn't kill the man that had hurt his Eevee and Tulip. The man didn't kill anyone and he payed for it in fear. If Shadow had killed him, he wouldn't be any better than Team Rocket and he would be the monster that people thought of hybrids as. He stopped at a water puddle and cleaned the blood of of the bat.

He wasn't so weak that he couldn't kill the man. But he was strong enough to let it go. He walked like a normal person, or at least as normal as he could look with swords at his side, a thing of blond hair in his hand and a bent bat in the other. He just knew he was wanting to leave this place behind now with his new friends. He looked above him where Noibat and Vibrava had been flying overhead the entire time. Staying within sight. The wind blew around his face. He couldn't believe how much had happened in less than 24 hours.

'If everything goes to hell with my new friends. I least I still have my pokemon.'

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

"Are you kidding me?" she said bluntly.

"Have you met me? DO you really think that I would try to kill you? Do you think Id do anything to hurt you? I mean... unless you needed to put in your place..." she said standing up a little but still relying on the couch.

I think I need to go lay on the room for a while... Could you...help me...? Look... Im sorry for being so blunt... that must have been awful... Im sorry." she hugged him.

"Can I be very honest with you? You cant expect me to just... not date anyone but still love you... I went through something too... and well... long story short. I promised myself I would never feel that unloved again... and having a boyfriend makes me feel loved. And... And... I kinda... I think... I think Shadows cute... But you promise you wouldn't leave... I just... I dot know."

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

Well, at least she doesn't hate me. "I don't think you would try to kill me." Although in this world it's not easy trusting people. Darren stood up and put his arm around Tulip to help her walk. Tulip mentioned something about being interested in Shadow, Shadow... not gonna happen. "Well, if a boyfriend is what you need, then I could try to be that. If you want. I'm not sure how good of a boyfriend I'd be, since the only girlfriend I've had tried to kill me and I've been alone the rest of my life. But I do care about you, and I'm willing to try."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow (Hybrid):

Shadow walked into the apartment as he saw Darren helping Tulip walk to the bedroom. Shadow looked down at the floor. For one reason or another, his heart ached. He wasn't sure why. He tossed the bent bat in the floor and placed the hair that had been cut away by Tulip's attacker. He packed all of his stuff and looked at Tulip in Darren again and gave a weak smile.

"I'm going to head to the park. Let me know if anything comes up." Shadow said as he turned around and left the apartment again.

"Noibat. Vibrava. Return." He said and walked down the street.

'I knew this was probably going to happen. She knew him longer. I really had no business getting involved. But why do I feel this way I wonder.' He wondered as he walked toward the park.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

"Good. Because I wouldn't." She says holding Darrens hip and walking with him.

"So do you think Shadow would be a suitable boyfriend for me?" She asks smirking a little bit wondering what he would say.

"so you think you could be my boyfriend?" she smiles at Darren.

"What makes you so sure you wouldn't be a good boyfriend? Why not?" She tilted her head.

"You are?" she asked looking into his eyes.

"Can I maybe talk to Shadow first....?Just to see how he feels?" she questions.

((Night everybody.XOXO love you all <3}}

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow (Hybrid):

Shadow walked to a Clothing Store. He liked the clothes Tulip had made him, but he didn't have a hat, or a coat and he wanted some new shoes. He picked out a black hat that reminded him of the gym leader Clay's hat from Unova, but not as big. He also picked out a trench coat that matched the hat. It wouldn't be too hot in the summer, but it would be warm enough in the winter. He picked out a nice pair of hiking shores that would match, but he could also still run in. He went to the counter and gave the woman his card with a smile.

"Thank you sir. Everything checks out. Enjoy your knew clothing." She said.

"Thank you." Shadow said as he took his bags.

He changed in a bathroom room and threw his old shoes out. He put on his hat and his coat.

'Good. Now I can blend in with the shadows again while still wearing Tulip's clothing she made me. Would feel wrong to replace them.'

He walked to the park and found a tree on a kill to relax under.

"Lucario, come out." Shadow said.

His Lucario appeared from his pokeball. 'Cario.'

"Sorry I haven't brought you out like I normally do. A lot has happened. You are my best friend and my first pokemon friend. I want you to teach me how to use bone rush. I need to know it. But for now, I need to sleep. Join me in a nap under this tree?"

'Cario. Lucarion.'

Shadow and Lucario took a seat under the big oak tree. He started to close his eyes.

"Wow mister! You look so awesome! Is that your Lucario!?" A few kids came running over to him.

Shadow looked up. The children's parents were smiling.

"I am sorry sir. They just had to come over and see your Lucario. You don't mind do you?"

"Not at all." Shadow smiled.

After a while he and Lucario were finally alone. Shadow tilted his hat so it covered his eyes. He was glad to have some people want to talk to him after everything that he had done today.

'I guess I change too much for people to realize who I am when I use pure power. But that guy from the alley knew who I was. I guess he saw me before I changed.'

(Alright guys, I am done for the night.)

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years

Arryn​
    We're finally getting out of this city. For years she's felt like a prisoner in Kanto, always destined to walk the same routes, see the same cities, be hated by the same people and at last, she's breaking away from the same old routine with a group that may or may not be the death of her.

Celadon was her last and most prominent regret.

"I had better send him a letter to let him know that I'm leaving," Arryn decides. He has a right to know, after all.

Shadow gazes at her, annoyed by her choice.

"First things first…" she murmurs as the station comes into view. It's not terribly far from the apartment, one of the only benefits of staying in that rundown pathetic excuse of a 'home' was that there was a quick escape should she need it.

Before Celadon, she was run out of many cities.

Arryn keeps to herself and quickly located the stations' schedule at the ticket vending machine.
    300pd per person, I just barely have that. At least she won't have to mooch off anyone.

"There's a 12.00 and 5.00…" Arryn reads quietly, just to her Absol. "I'd prefer the 12.00; we'll be in Johto by sunset. Guess it depends on when everyone is ready to ditch this place."

She turns to leave and stop by the nearest store for an envelope, pen and paper when she pauses; a man appears to be harassing his girlfriend, gripping her arm hard and dragging her to the station.

Anger surges up within her at the unfairness of it all and she's aware of her shard that is now in her back short pocket. I could just drop it for a bit, take care of him and leave… she forces herself to walk away since drawing attention to herself is the last thing she and her group needs.

Normally, shard or not, she would do something but Arryn remembers the thrill of taking down team Rocket. If she were to step down that path again, even for an idiot like him – it means going against who she is.

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

"What makes you so sure you wouldn't be a good boyfriend? Why not?" Tulip asked, tilting her head. "I don't know. Maybe because living alone my whole life, aside from being with my pokemon, and constantly killing or running from people trying to kill me has made it difficult for me to show love." Darren looked at Tulip.

"Can I maybe talk to Shadow first....?" Tulip asked. "I'd rather you just accept my proposal." Darren set Tulip down on the bed. "But if you really need to talk to him then go ahead, I'm not going to force you to choose me." Darren turned towards the door, "I'll leave you alone to rest. If you need anything I'll be right outside the door." Darren walked out, closed the door behind him, and leaned against the wall. Darren looked down at Houndoom, "I have no clue what I'm doing". Darren pulled out his katana and slid down to the floor, laying the weapon across his lap.

Last edited:
    Years
    Rex

Everybody had assigned a job to themselves, and Rex is about to start his (fast boat to Johto), when he finds out Gray's job.

"Rex." Gray calls out to him, stopping him in his tracks. Of all people to protest his departure, Rex never expected Gray. Also, he sounds more annoyed than anything else.

"You will not leave. Do you really think I'd let you of all people go out alone on a boat? It would be the same as hopping on the train with us, but it'll take longer AND you'll be alone. There's no need for you to burden yourself about your appearance when you'll be harassed about it either way. Since that's the case, If you're going to be harassed, You'll be harassed with US, Whether you like it or not. You ARE taking the train, and you WILL stay."

Probably the most unconventional motivational speech Rex has ever heard. He is about to reiterate how he doesn't want to burden everyone else with his problems, but Gray finishes his speech.

"I Dare you to go against my word..."

Oh. That explains it. Rex struggles not to laugh, but can't help but grin in amusement. "I get it. We're all in this together. And you'd rather we have each other's back than for me to try and go it alone. I won't fight you on this, Gray."

He takes a seat, meeting Gray's eyes. "No need to fight when we both agree, right?" He smiles fiercely, something hard and dark in his eyes, before resuming his normal, calm expression.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

My smirk remains.

Heh... I expected him to fight me. I wanted to fight him... But this works to. With him NOT going against me, it naturally makes me seem dominant.

Well played Rex.

I guess he may be a little right with the whole, 'I got your back, you got mine.' thing... And for some reason... It wouldn't be right for him to be alone. I did do my first mission with him, So if anything, He's probably the closest to a friend I'll ever get.

As I think about friends, I think of Darren.

I wouldn't call him a friend but... I guess he's more like a rival to me. Yes... A rival. I don't get along with him, We're always at each others throats, but at the same time, we were able to agree upon NOT making Shadow part of the group. We BOTH shave a problem with him, That's one of our commonalities.

I guess I have my little trio of messed up people. Me, Rex and Darren. I may look down on those two... But they have proven to be capable. I respect that.

"Alright... Now, We wait for Arryn to get back to the apartment. Once everyone is here, Excluding Shadow, We're out." I told Rex, making it obvious that I haven't accepted him. "We'll walk into the train and buy tickets upfront. Anyone who causes us trouble, Can d-" I paused, remember Arryns words about not killing unless we have to.

"... If anyone gets in our way... We'll... Ignore them..." I said with disgust.

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn​
    She wastes 100pd on writing supplies and leaves the store, bothered. I should have just stolen it.

Before returning to the apartment, Arryn sits on the sidewalk and writes the letter.

It's hard to believe he would even care after the stunt she pulled…

Folding the paper in half, she tucks it into the envelope and puts the letter in her back pocket. I'll send it once I'm in Johto.

Back at the apartment, Arryn walks in to catch the last of what Gray says.

"If anyone gets in our way... we'll... ignore them."

"The train is leaving at 12.00 and 5.00," Arryn tells the two in the living room and opens the cupboard to rummage around for any backpacks or duffel bags to help carry the supplies.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

"The train is leaving at 12.00 and 5.00,"

"Oh. You're back. I guess we can Depart for Johto now. Thanks for gathering the time. We'll leave tomorrow, at 12:00."

"Hey light!" I called out. "Come back to me, You need to recharge." I reminded it as it started showing signs of Power loss. "Once out of my body, he has a set time limit before he'll start to lose electricity. Luckily for him, I'm full of it." I explained to Arryn as Light returned to me.

It was no longer morning, but It was NOT night. So we had some time to kill. I decided to kill time by starting a conversation with Arryn.

"So... Can you tell me about yourself?" I asked. As I asked the question, I realized how pathetic that sounded, and quickly created an Alibi. "Not that I care or anything! I just wanted to know because I'm leader of everything, So It would be important to know about my members" I said to her, nodding with my eyes closed, as if I was approving my own alibi.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn​
    "So… can you tell me about yourself? Not that I care or anything! I just wanted to know because I'm leader of everything, so it would be important to know about my members."

Arryn raises a brow that he can't see as she reaches for a duffel bag on the top shelf.

He's acting weird lately.

Leader? She considered them all to be equals.

"I'm 19," she grunts as she finally grasps the bag and yanks it free. "Never knew my parents," which wasn't odd in the world of Hybrids, "lived all around Kanto but stayed in Celadon the longest…" two years, to be exact – "I tend to think after I've done something impulsive," a fatal flaw, "Shadow was my first Pokemon and I got her when I was maybe fifteen?"

Arryn steps down from the bottom shelf with the bag and sets it on the coffee table.

"I'm not all that interesting," she sighs finally.

Talking about her past life brings up memories of Celadon that she'd much rather repress.

"What about you?"

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

I listened to her talk. Though she seemed to find her life rather boring, I was still somewhat glad at the fact that she even told me.

The least I can do is tell her about me... But she might find what I tell her a bit disturbing...

Hmm... I guess it's worth asking her.

"Hmm? Do you really wanna know about me? I'm waaay more interesting than you, but I dunno if your little heart can bear the information I'll reveal to you." I said to her in a mocking manner.

"Weeelll... Since you asked..." I trailed off.

"I don't really know my age. I lost track after 18, but when I was younger is something you might find interesting. I'm one of few people who actually remembers my past as a demi-Hybrid. I also know a little bit of backstory to the whole Hybrid creation. I could tell you, but you might feel some type of way once I finish... Still Wanna know?" I asked her with a devious grin.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn​
    Arryn looks up from her spot on the floor, cross legged and two burn heals ready to pack.

"I also know a little bit of backstory to the whole Hybrid creation."

He remembers what happened?

"I could tell you, but you might feel some type of way once I finish… still wanna know?" The way Gray says it as if she'll run screaming for the hills.

I forgot to mention my awful curiosity.

"Tell me," she requests eagerly.

Arryn only recalls breaking out of that god awful facility, everything before that was a blur, a memory she desperately wants to piece back together.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

"Tell me,"

"Alrighty..."

"When I was younger, and the Hybrids were first being developed, There were a number of test and experiments that went on. Now, I know that you might be thinking that we were all fusions of some random Pokemon put together in order for team rockets own desires. That's mostly true. But not every experiment was as... Simple, As is seems. There were FAILED experiments, and no, those failed experiments did not die. By failed, I mean the subject has been fused with a Pokemon, but unsuccessful able to use the power."

"I guess you can say I was one of those 'Failed' experiments." I told Arryn, as I looked at her, straight into her eyes.

"So you might be thinking... How am I able to use electricity? Well, Team Rocket is pretty stubborn. They decided if regular fusion won't work, then external means were necessary. What I mean is..."

"If you were fused with a fire type Pokemon to become a fire type Hybrid, but couldn't use your Power, They would throw you into a pit of fire, being engulfed by the flames. This method, only had 2 outcomes. The first being your body becomes use to the harsh conditions and are finally able to manipulate what you were suppose to... The other being death."

"Different Hybrid types had different methods of unleashing their power externally. Some more painful then others. Dark types had to eat, sleep and live in nothing but darkness. Psychic types were put through traumatic experiences. An Ice type like yourself would usually be locked up in a freezer for days in temperatures under 0 degrees. Regardless of the outcome, Pain or stress was ALWAYS experienced. Can you image a little 10 year old boy being thrown into a pit of fire, burning until he could finally use fire. And if he didn't, he would die in the process?"

"Most Hybrids today were lucky enough to have forgotten most of that."

"Wanna take a guess at what they did to electric types like me?" I asked her with a sinister smile.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn​
    Failed experiments…

The explanation Gray gives has Arryn rifling through many different emotions.

Grief for those failed 'experiments' that had to go through such conditions just to please Team Rocket and Giovanni.

Anger towards the very people responsible for what Hybrids have become and on behalf of the poor people that had to go through rough methods to achieve their typing…

More than anything a feeling of vengeance, Giovanni needs to suffer as they did, just as we all had to.

She looks up from the floor, having not been able to stare Gray in the eyes as he spoke, but now seeing him clearer than ever before, is this why he is the way he is? This insufferable, superior 'I'm better than all of you' attitude could just be the outcome of being treated in such a way?

Most Hybrids today were lucky enough to have forgotten most of that.

Any of the six of them could have faced those very awful treatments…

"Wanna take a guess at what they did to electric types like me?"

Part of her wants to demand that that's enough, knowing more will only deepen her hatred towards Giovanni and the rest of Team Rocket in a very sickening way, that she just can't stomach the truth any more.

But she nods, because Arryn has to know what she's fighting for.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

"For electric types like me, they tied us up to chairs and wired us up to computers or machines. Once everything was all set up, they sent high voltages to our bodies."

"It started off small, 100 or so volts, but over time, they quickly increased to being millions of volts a day. Usually kids die before they can achieve their Power. But I knew I would survive. Once I did, Giovanni requested me to see him as it was rare for electric types to survive."

"Me and him actually got along believe it or not, and he's taught me many things. 1 of those being Power is everything, and that I should cherish the Power I have. I guess you can say hes been like a father to me. But of course I had my chance to escape, and so I did."

"Why do you think Rocket grunts never really say anything to me. Threaten me, or harm me? It's cause they know that me and old Giovanni got along." I said with a smirk.

"I still take his advice, as it's proven to work and be useful... But once I met you..." I said to her, as I stood up and said with a smile.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

Tulip slowly hobbled out of her room. She looked so much better. Grass and Fairy was a great combination for healing. Her eye looked much better too. She ruffles darrens hair coming out of the room and finally makes it to the kitchen.

"Hey Arryn... Can we go find a wheel chair... I think it would speed up my recovery if I didn't have to walk as much. I also... need to talk to you." She said then looking over at Gray.

"i heard your story... Im sorry to hear that Gray...But it made you the powerful guy you are today... and you're okay... so I guess its okay...?" She says sitting down on the couch.

"So... when are we leaving? What should I do to help?" she asks half way smiling at the group she hated facing them looking like this.

"Im sorry for my appearance by the way... I know I must look awful..." She says looking down, sighing.

Back