• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Which characters do you think should be shipped?

• Gray/Arryn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gray/Val

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Gray/Tulip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray/Shadow

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Shadow/Arryn

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Shadow/Anna

• Shadow/Tulip

• Deacon/Anna

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deacon/Lydia

• Alek/Arryn

• Rex/Lydia

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rex/Anna

• Shadow/Val

• Alek/Melody

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Val/Arryn

• Jason/Tulip

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

Upon seeing Shadow's Power, I gaze upon his ability as it has never before been seen by me.

Shadow soon walks out the building, saying a few things that I didn't catch. His Power seemed violent, Like my electricity.

He glanced at Light, who was now infuriated by the showcase of power. Light felt is power, and authority had been threatened. Though he was mad, the only signs showcasing it was his crackling lightning that made him who he was. He decided to evaluate Arryn, calming himself down, ready to monitor and follow her every movement.

Shadow... That Power. No question about it, I could feel the energy flowing. I hated this. Darren, Rex, Tulip... Even Arryn have all proven their strength. I am NOT the only strong being. I am NOT the only one capable of killing.

I started to question how strong I really am. Darren brought back a head. Tulip defeated me TWICE. I watched Arryn and Shadow take on team rocket members by themselves. Rex crushes almost anything he sits on. That must mean he's heavy. To be able to walk around like that without strain shows his Power.

What do I have to show? It seems like I'm all talk...

I frowned. What can I do to show them that I'm better than all of them combined?

"Does anyone know the departure times of the magnet train? If not, one of us can go and check at the station."

"No. I'm pretty sure nobody does." I say, still concerned.

Light could feel me question my abilities, and didn't know how to respond.

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years

Arryn​
    "No, I'm pretty sure nobody does." Gray comments as no one offers to check the times.

When Rex suggests he meet up with everyone at Johto on his own, Arryn panics a little. What if something bad happens to him? It's not like he can't take care of himself and he's certainly right…

"If you think that's for the best…" she relents, upset about splitting up. "Just make sure you get there, ok? This group would surely fall apart without you." He has been almost a pacifist in some ways amongst their dysfunctional society. She can only imagine how quick an argument could blow up into something more without Rex to reason with everyone.

"I'll go check the times," she volunteers and stands, signalling her Absol to follow her. "Maybe you can all come to an agreement on where to meet while I'm gone?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow: (Hybrid)

Shadow sat on the steps. He soon realized he had forgotten Eevee. He was going to return Eevee to its pokeball, but then Tulip did what she did and he had completely forgotten. He shook his head trying to forget it, but couldn't. He tried his best to ignore it and then walked back inside and walked passed everyone and looked at Eevee. He returned Eevee to its poke ball without a word. No one was talking at the moment. He wondered what they had been talking about, but he had already been involved enough for the time being. All he could hear was the sewing machine with the constant sewing sound it made.

'It is pretty bad when you forget about your pokemon. But I did just catch it. I blame Tulip though, even though I didn't mind.' He smiled as he looked at Tulip again as she continued to sew. He walked back outside to watch his Noibat and Vibrava.

'What.... what am I doing... I don't even know if Darren and Tulip are going out or whatever else they do together. Ugh. I kinda feel bad for Rex. He seems to be the only one Tulip ignores. Maybe because of the age difference? I am pretty sure.... I think.... he is the oldest out of the group. I can't help but feel me and Tulip have had the similar problems, but we handle things totally different from one another. Then again, I think all of us have had a similar past. He kinda reminds me of the old story about people becoming a host for a demon animal, but end up being the saviors of the world after struggling to be recognized. I wonder if that will ever happen to us?'

Shadow sat back on the ground. He withdrew a Chople Berry. He had come to like them very much. Not only did they taste extremely amazing to him, the berry also protected him from fighting type attacks. At least that is what it was said to do. He wished he had ate one early before he got blasted by the focus blast, but thanks to Tulip, that pain was gone. He started thinking about himself.

'Fighting and Dark, what a rare combination. I am sure only three pokemon have that combination. Pangoro, Scraggy and Scrafty. I really should catch a Pancham or Pangoro. I think it would be an amazing match for me, even though I love all my pokemon.'

He closed his eyes and enjoyed the morning sun on his skin.

'Dang. I forgot to tell Tulip that I wanted a fingerless glove with my necklace not a glove with the fingers. Oh well. Apparently I can't think straight when I am around her... She has already made me forget two things... I blame her fairyness. Yes... That's it, her fairyness.' He chuckled at the thought.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

"Hm...okay!" she smiled at him. She took the necklace and saw something... It was... a little girl... then she came back.

She took the bird off the necklace and started looking at it thinking how she would put it into a glove. She started sewing the gloves and added the pennant. She looked at the gloves then cut off the fingers. It would probably feel better for channeling his powers.

After a while she had sewn something for everyone.

For Darren
    A black shirt with red accents, and black jeans with red accents.
    For Rex
    A brown and red shirt and shorts with the sleeves and bottoms all ripped up.
    For Shadow
    A black and Orange flannel and black jeans.
    For Gray
    A black and yellow tee shirt and black jean capris.

She looked at the clothes and sighed.

"If you wanna wear it thats cool. If not... Thats cool too!"

She sighed Darren and Shadow both leaving.

"hey Arryn... can I come too?" she asked running after her.

"hey... Arryn can we talk... I feel so fucking bad... I just... I have this need for love.... and I wasn't getting it fully from Darren so I started flirting with Shadow and I like him too.. and I think I should pick one... I feel so bad... I just... I like them both... but I think Darren loves me... I do it on accident too... I need help."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

Shadow looked at his watch. It read 20 missed calls. He sighed, he had forgotten yet again that he had to call his employer back. He typed in the number he needed and a video of an older man appeared.

"Ah so you are still alive. I thought maybe you had died." The old man said.

"I ran into some other business." Shadow replied.

"We have a record that you killed well over twenty Team Rocket members. We couldn't get confirmation because something was interfering with the cameras. So I will ask, did you really kill that many." The old man asked.

Shadow thought about it for a moment. He didn't want to get anyone else into his job that might risk their life. The people he worked for were dangerous.

"Yes. I am sure you heard them say 'He who is called what he is.' That is me."

"Very well. You enjoy a long break from the bounties. We will talk again in the future. Possibly."

"Thank you, but I must resign. Things change and I no longer want to be apart of hunting for bounty."

"I see. Well, maybe in the future we will talk again. It is a sad day when a hunter like you leaves. The money has finished transferring to you account. You are no longer bound to us."

The old man disappeared. Shadow unhooked the watch from his wrist and turned it off. He thought about throwing it out, but he decided to keep it. He placed it in his bag. He took out the old water bottle he had used to feed Eevee the oran berry water. He walked over to a trashcan and threw it away and looked up at the old apartment. He could see Arryn and Tulip now talking. He looked overhead at his two pokemon flying in the air.

He unsheathed his swords and looked at them in the morning sun. He knew in his mind, that the only reason he had survived was because he used the shadows to hide and these swords to attack. If it had been during the day. If he hadn't had these swords, he would be dead and so would Arryn. He knew now that he must train to become stronger. He hoped his sister's necklace in a glove, he might be able to control his power to form swords out of energy. Steel can only hold up to so much, and if he had to ever face off against Gray or any other person who used electricity, he would be in terrible trouble. He thought for a minute about his dragon pulse, he knew he had to control it as well or turn it into something that more suited his typing.

'For my life, this is a start of a new era. And I will try to make it a better one. I have only known these people for a short amount of time. But I feel like I can finally call someone, at least some of them, a friend. For now I will keep the swords, but I cannot depend on them. Not anymore. I am not as strong as I thought I was. Not after what happened last night.' Shadow thought, sheathing his swords back to his sides.

Last edited:

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    Darren

Darren and Houndoom stopped at the end of the alley and looked at the streets, watching people as they passed by. "Ya know, I can't believe it's taken us this long to finally leave Kanto". Houndoom looked up at it's trainer and tilted it's head. "Well, we've been running from town to town all these years, not once ever deciding to just leave the region. Do you think people hate hybrids just as much there, or do they even know we exist?". Houndoom growled "Doom..". Darren looked down at Houndoom, "Yeah, they probably hate us there too. But at least it's a new place, I'm pretty sure we've been chased out of every town and city in this region".

Darren leaned against a wall as memories started passing through his mind. Darren sitting under a tree with a Houndour. A girl with brown hair walking up to them, smiling. Two men walking up behind Darren and Houndour. The girl lying dead on the ground.

Darren looked down at Houndoom. "Do you think Tulip would even be interested in me if she knew about the incident a few years ago?" Houndoom looked up and rolled it's eyes. "I'm just asking". Houndoom ran out of the alley and disappeared into the crowd. "Where are you-" Darren heard a window shatter and then a man yelling. Houndoom ran back into the alley and leapt into a dumpster behind Darren. "Have you seen a Houndoom come by? One just broke into my shop and ran out." A man said, running up to Darren. "A what?" Darren said, acting confused. The man gave Darren an irritated look then ran further down the street. Houndoom climbed out of the dumpster and walked up to Darren. "That was stupid to do on your own." Houndoom held a flower in it's mouth and pushed it into Darren's hand. "Really? You know I can't-" Houndoom growled. "Ok, I'll give this to her later." Darren took the flower and put it in his pocket. Apparently Houndoom doesn't think history will repeat itself. "Just so you know, you might have to be in your pokeball on our way to the train station." Houndoom glared at Darren, "Don't blame me. You're the one who broke into a shop right next to the alley we're staying in". Houndoom mumbled and looked back down.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray

"I will become stronger." I yelled outloud. I got up from off the floor and went to the outfit that tulip made for me.

"I'm not the type of person who care's about what I wear... But..." I gazed upon the outfit, And loved how the orange and black looked. "I like the color orange." I stated, as I took off my jacket and undershirt off, Showing my well built chest.

I could tell Tulip would love the sight, So I quickly put on the shirt she made, Hoping she didn't see a thing.

In a way, I sorta wanted Arryn to see, But She was leaving, So I don't think she caught a glimpse.

Now. Shadow had Power. I won't allow him to outdue me... Nobody in this group will become stronger than me. I looked down at my hand. My obseession for Power is what makes me who I am. I am the leader of this group, and they will all acknowledge that. My first step to asserting dominance is...

"Rex." I called out, grabbing his attention. "You will not leave. Do you really think I'd let you of all people go out alone on a boat? It would be the same as hopping on the train with us, but it'll take longer AND you'll be alone. There's no need for you to burden yourself about your appearance when you'll be harassed about it either way. Since that's the case, If you're going to be harassed, You'll be harassed with US, Whether you like it or not. You ARE taking the train, and you WILL stay." I told him. Not realizing how considerate I sounded.

Yes... Showing everyone i'm not scared or intimidated by Rex is the first step. Next is...

"I Dare you to go against my word..." I said.

Heh... If he refuses, I'll destroy him, and since they all assume him to be superior, If I beat him down, they'll know who's really king.

I smirked.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

Tulip swooned a little seeing Grays abs but managed to keep it together. She smiled glad that Gray liked the shirt she had made for him.

"Hey Arryn... Ill meet up with you in a second..." She went outside and looked around. She was looking for Shadow and Darren. She walked around for a minute before she found Shadow.

"Hey... Your outfits done."I say softly. I smile softly at him and push my hair back sighing.

"Okay... well Ill see you back at the house okay?" She hugged him and ran off a different direction blushing.

"Darren...?" she asked a figure getting closer. Then out of no where she felt a massive pain in her lower back like she was hit with something... She couldnt see...

"H-help..." She said looking up the man getting closer.

"This is what you freaks get! We hate all you god damned mutants!" He kicked her in the face... she was going to be bruised and bloody. Then he cut off a piece of her hair and ran off...

"Help..." she said weakly. She felt alone.... and ugly.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow:

Shadow looked at Tulip as she walked up to him and hold him his cloths were done. She hugged him and ran off. Before he could say anything else. He walked up the steps passed Gray and found his new clothing. He looked at the clothing. He wanted to tell her to be careful, but she was already gone.

'Hmm. This looks like it would belong to Gray.' He thought as he looked at Gray who was wearing orange and black.

He shrugged and grabbed the yellow and black tee shirt and put it on the capris that were with the shirt, thought he felt kinda weird always wearing pants. He went to the bathroom for a minute and changed into his new clothing. He found the glove that went on his right hand. As he asked, it had the pendant sewed in and he smiled as he put it on. He stopped struggling to control his energy as the pendant of the talonflame helped him.

"Hmm. This feels like an electric type would wear it for some reason." He said, but then he heard a yell.

He walked outside and quickly looked around. He heard a faint voice from one of the alley ways. He noticed that she had went a slightly different direction than Darren had went. As he recalled. A man darted out of one of the alley ways and ran the opposite direction. Shadow chased after him, but skidded to a halt as he saw a figure on the ground out of the corner of his eye. He turned and noticed that it was Tulip.

Shadow quickly ran by her side and took a knee on the ground, "Tulip are you ok?" He asked putting a hand lightly on her back. He noticed she had been kicked pretty hard.

"Darren! Where are you!" Shadow yelled.

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

Houndoom moved behind Darren as the shopkeeper ran by the alley one his way to his shop. "Next time you steal something, just go through the door." Darren looked down as Houndoom stepped out from behind him. "Well, we should probably get back, I still don't know when we're leaving." The two started walking down the alley. Houndoom's ears twitched and it took off running. "Wait up!", Darren yelled trying to keep up with Houndoom. Houndoom and Darren ran by Shadow towards the other end of the alley. Darren stopped when he saw Shadow and Tulip. Tulip was laying on the ground, wounded. "What happened?" Darren asked as he knelt down by Tulip. Darren looked around for a possible attacker but saw nobody.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

She looks up, things are dark but... she can see Darren... and Shadow... Shit. This is how she was gonna choose which guy... whoever came to her rescue... They both passed test one...

"I...A...man came...he hated me... he hit and kicked me... dont look at me! im ugly..." she covered her bruised face, she had a bloody lip and quite the shiner. She sniffled a bit.

"C-can we just go back to the apartment...?" she asks still covering her face,.

They must be disgusted with me... I probably look so disgusting all bloodied and bruised... She bit her lip and slowly tried to get up but she screamed in agony.

"My back! He..he hit me with a metal bat...I-it might be broken." the tears started falling from her eyes.

"C-can one of you pick me up....?" she asks sheepishly, pulling her dress up to cover her face.

Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

"Houndoom, see if you can find that guy." Houndoom nodded then ran off, sniffing the ground. Darren put his arms on Tulip, "Let's go." Darren carefully picked Tulip up and carried her inside. I might kill another man today... Darren gently laid Tulip on the couch, trying not to hurt her anymore. Darren knelt down and looked Tulip in the eyes. "You're gonna be fine. And no you're not ugly, you're still beautiful. Wounded with a little blood on top, but still beautiful". Darren stood up, "Did you happen to see what the guy looked like?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow (Hybrid):

Shadow heard Darren arrive with his Houndoom. He moved the hair from her face. There was blood running down her face already. He wiped blood away from her face that was about to go in her eye. As she talked.

'Stop thinking you are ugly. You aren't. He thought.

"Darren. Take her to the apartment. I will take care of the one who did this. I can catch him far faster." Shadow said as he stood up.

His pure power was trying to come to the surface. Trying to overpower the glove's control. Shadows eyes started to turn the glowing purple. He closed his eyes and shook it away. He struggled to stay in control. Flash backs of his sister in pain powered the pure power. He clutched his fist with the glove and let the aura die again.

"And yes. I saw him. But I stopped because makeing sure she was ok was priority. Especially sense I can catch him. Quickly." Shadow answered Darren.

"Take her. And I will take care of him." Shadow said as they arrived back inside the apartment.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

"No Im not... Im not pretty at all. I have a black eye... Im all bloody.. He cut my hair... Im disgusting..." She said disgusted with herself.

"I-if you dont think im disgusting...t-then prove it." she said crying a little crossing her arms.

"T-thank you for carrying me up here..." She said blushing a little bit.

"C-could you maybe w-wash me off... my face... try to make me look not so ugly...? Some warm soap and water should be good enough...."

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

"You're not disgusting. I mean sure the black eye itself might not be pretty to look at, but you are." Did those words really come out of my mouth? Darren moved Tulip's hair off her face and looked at her black eye. How am I suppose to prove she's not disgusting? I'm trying to explain it. Darren got up and walked to the sink then ran a cloth under warm water. Darren walked back to the couch and knelt down. "All it takes is looking past the blood and wounds." Darren said as he wiped some of the blood off Tulip's face. "Besides, I've seen worse. You do realize you're telling a guy who spends plenty of time in underground fights, that a black eye makes you ugly. right?". Darren finished wiping off the blood and looked at Tulip. Does she seriously think that having one black eye makes her unattractive? Darren glanced toward the door, Hopefully Houndoom or Shadow can find that guy...

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

She sighs looking up at him.

"Well when you have a black eye its hot... its like you're a big strong man. You have a battle scar... With me... Im just some girl who got beat up..." She sighed...

"Are you saying you'd still kiss me...? Like... even though I look like this...?" She asked braiding her hair and putting it to the side.

"Thanks for coming to my rescue... Im like a princess whose always getting into trouble..." She sighed.

"Could you help me to the shower...?" she asked blushing slightly.

"I feel so embarrassed... Im so helpless..."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

Shadow turned away from Tulip as Darren washed the blood off. He stopped fighting the pure power and unclenched his fist. He let it engulf his body. His eyes turned the purple color he so much wanted to hide from everyone. But with it being a new him. He would accept who he was. Even if people looked at him differently. He was among people similar now.

He looked at everyone in the apartment, "I'll be right back. And Tulip, regardless of what you may think yourself, it doesn't always matter about looks. You will always be beautiful no matter how many cuts, bruises, gashes. you may have."

Shadow walked out the door with one final glance at Tulip and the others.

He turned the way the man ran and started running as well. His speed increased. And again. And again. He was a purple flash on the street now. He jumped over Houndoom and continued to run. He found the guy with Tulip's hair and a metal bat. He came out to the side of the man, grabbed his arm and ran into him with his on body and the both tumbled into a dead end alley.

"What the..... no.... no not you!" The man cried on the floor as he crawled backwards into a wall.

Shadow noticed the man's face. One of the men from last night. The one kicking an Eevee.

"You kick an Eevee to near death and then attack a girl who meant no harm to anyone!" Shadow yelled as he walked toward the man.

"She is a freak just like you!" The man yelled.

"You call us names. You mistreat us! And you call us monsters?" Shadow laughed.

"I will kill you!" The man yelled as he swung the bat at Shadow.

Shadow caught the bat with his bare hands and jerked it out of the man's hand. The man flinched and fell back on the ground. Shadow held the bat over his head, about to bash the man to nothingness.

Don't do it. If you do... you will lose who you are! A voice entered his head.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

I blush watching Shadow.

wow... he was going to my rescue... So was Darren... But Shadow is about to kill someone for me... I think he love me too... Maybe I should ask Darren again... Ill ask them both...

"Darren...? Do you... do you love me?" I ask.

"Its okay if you dont... Im just... I just... I dont know..." she smiled and blushed at you. She smoothed over the ruffles from her dress smoothing the ruffles.

ElBurrito

Years
    Darren

"Darren...? Do you... do you love me?" Tulip asked, looking at Darren. "I um". Darren looked down I guess it's now or never. Maybe it's worth the risk? The chances of her ending up like Claire are slim right? Please don't let history repeat itself... Darren looked back up. "Yes, I do love you. But I- I'm not sure if I could-" Darren sighed. "Look, I do love you. But things have happened in the past that make it difficult for me to decide if I should act on that or not." Not sure if this is going to end well or not...

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

"Y-you do...? Wow." She blushed then thinking about the last part.

"Wait....so you dont want to act on these feelings...? So... you want me to like date other guys...? What does that mean Darren. I need more than that..." she said a little irradiated. She crossed her arms and looked away from Darren.

So... what does that mean... he loves me but he cant act on it...? Why...? what happened..?

"What happened?" she asks coldly looking down then right at Darren.

"Who was she? what did you do?" she asks starting to tear up a bit.

Back