• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems [OOC]

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
  • Well giving away what Harvey would do takes the fun out of it.

He is a Mercenary working for Giovanni right now. Contract is to capture or kill the Hybrids and bring them to Rocket. Alive is preferred and means more money, and its a pride thing so he will try to capture everyone. Established characters that have been a thorn in the Rocket's side throughout the RP are worth more (IE Gray being the highest priced one), and less known Hybrids (Lydia as she escaped years ago then disappeared) are worth little. But a capture is a capture... Trying to make the situation make sense from a hired by Rocket's perspective. IE He nor Rocket knows Orchid and Tulip have split into two beings... yet.

I do have a plan if Harvey ends up somehow winning and captures most/all of the group just in case. He has considered the issue of keeping a captured Hybrid under his control, and his solution being prepared... There will be no easy out once a Hybrid's in Harvey's grasp. He isn't some dumb Rocket grunt. So think about being captured carefully as escaping Harvey will not come easy, and if it does... well he likely let you go ;) which means he has a plan for your character.

All this being said if any GMs want to use Harvey you are welcome to, but we should talk first. The whole idea behind Harvey is to give the PCs an intelligent/non buffoon enemy that will not play into their strengths of pure brute force. Someone who might be their inferior strength wise, but is a massive threat because his ability to seemingly stay 20 steps ahead of the Hybrids. He knows they are a threat and are more powerful than him so he is avoiding facing them head on right now.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • I do have plans for a 2nd character as well, but he/she is more of a bounty hunter similar to how Shadow was before he joined the group. This character will not be a massive character like Harvey and the other Rocket Hybrids are, but I think the character will be big enough to have its on SU. The character is a hybrid.

I don't want to reveal the character until after it is introduced. Think of the character like Hunter J in the Sinnoh pokemon anime. Who only appeared in like 5 to 8 episodes.

Also just a note, it is only about Noon to 1 pm in the IC.

Awesome IcyIce, looking forward to it :)

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Well giving away what Harvey would do takes the fun out of it.

He is a Mercenary working for Giovanni right now. Contract is to capture or kill the Hybrids and bring them to Rocket. Alive is preferred and means more money, and its a pride thing so he will try to capture everyone. Established characters that have been a thorn in the Rocket's side throughout the RP are worth more (IE Gray being the highest priced one), and less known Hybrids (Lydia as she escaped years ago then disappeared) are worth little. But a capture is a capture... Trying to make the situation make sense from a hired by Rocket's perspective. IE He nor Rocket knows Orchid and Tulip have split into two beings... yet.

I do have a plan if Harvey ends up somehow winning and captures most/all of the group just in case. He has considered the issue of keeping a captured Hybrid under his control, and his solution being prepared... There will be no easy out once a Hybrid's in Harvey's grasp. He isn't some dumb Rocket grunt. So think about being captured carefully as escaping Harvey will not come easy, and if it does... well he likely let you go ;) which means he has a plan for your character.

All this being said if any GMs want to use Harvey you are welcome to, but we should talk first. The whole idea behind Harvey is to give the PCs an intelligent/non buffoon enemy that will not play into their strengths of pure brute force. Someone who might be their inferior strength wise, but is a massive threat because his ability to seemingly stay 20 steps ahead of the Hybrids. He knows they are a threat and are more powerful than him so he is avoiding facing them head on right now.
    Since Val just up and walked out of the base after being revived, none of Rocket knows that she's changed sides. As she carries no C-Gear or anything similar to be hacked, I assume Harvey doesn't know about her either, and therefore she is no target? Unless I missed something and Val was mentioned by one hybrid to another over a C-Gear call?

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Val is not a target of Harvey's for the reasons you stated.

Also Village you just made an interesting mistake with Deacon >D this should be a fun interaction.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Not only that, he made Shadow torn even more. Lol.

Note:

We are no longer accepting Role Players at the current time. We currently believe that anymore would cause it to become too confusing. Those playing can still make a 2nd character if they desire.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, so this is going to sound weird but has anyone looked at the "you may also like..." section and saw the advertisement for this thread? Because when it uses my character's picture as the pic for it, it zooms in on his crotch o_O

Years
  • So, time to leave the Haven? Ice Path sounds fun right about now! Not for me, of course, since Rex hates the cold, but he may have made a bigger mess.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Okay, so this is going to sound weird but has anyone looked at the "you may also like..." section and saw the advertisement for this thread? Because when it uses my character's picture as the pic for it, it zooms in on his crotch o_O
    *snickers* Just saw that now. Weird.

VillageofDragons

Years

Yeah.... That's not creepy at all site..... 0_o....

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So, time to leave the Haven? Ice Path sounds fun right about now! Not for me, of course, since Rex hates the cold, but he may have made a bigger mess.

The Ice Path/Ice Cave is an arc only for Shadow at the moment. It is suppose to only be a mini arc for Shadow as the only true reason he is going is to find an Ice Stone for Eevee to evolve.

I don't know what you all will do, but I plan to end it fairly quick. I am aiming to end the IC day by next week as it would have already been a month. I guess you all could just relax or something. I was originally going to wait for the next IC day so everyone isn't stuck. With Gray not currently in the main group, I don't know what we could do. I had an idea, but it was a no go.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • The Ice Path/Ice Cave is an arc only for Shadow at the moment. It is suppose to only be a mini arc for Shadow as the only true reason he is going is to find an Ice Stone for Eevee to evolve.

I don't know what you all will do, but I plan to end it fairly quick. I am aiming to end the IC day by next week as it would have already been a month. I guess you all could just relax or something. I was originally going to wait for the next IC day so everyone isn't stuck. With Gray not currently in the main group, I don't know what we could do. I had an idea, but it was a no go.

Well Shadow is like a temporary leader while Gray is gone, so there's still options :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well Shadow is like a temporary leader while Gray is gone, so there's still options :)

Actually, Arryn and Shadow are sharing leadership at the moment. Arryn was going to take over while Shadow was gone, we just haven't had a chance to do those posts yet lol.

As you might be able to tell, Shadow is terrible at leading and he never wanted to lead :P So he is going to ask Arryn.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Actually, Arryn and Shadow are sharing leadership at the moment. Arryn was going to take over while Shadow was gone, we just haven't had a chance to do those posts yet lol.

As you might be able to tell, Shadow is terrible at leading and he never wanted to lead :P So he is going to ask Arryn.

Oh, okay then. Arryn would make a great leader now that I think about it :)

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • You people went and got yourself kicked out of the Haven before Val ever had a chance to see it! B-but...but...she would have loved that place...she's got such a soft spot for Pokemon... :P

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years
  • Hey guys! I hope you all see this. Just wanted to let you know that we're going to wrap up the current IC day soon (just to be efficient and get plots moving faster.) When you're done with your day, let us know here so Gray can wrap it all up and move us forward into Autumn.

Also, we're almost at 1,000 posts so well done guys <3 I enjoy roleplaying with you all!

Back