• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daycare leveling?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Did any of you, in any game, ever use the Day Care for actually leveling up Pokemon? I used to, thinking it was faster, but they take too long. Plus, now I can just Audino train. :/

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Oh yes. For team members I would like to use but don't have time to train, it is excellent. Especially in D/P/PT, where I couldn't stand actually training.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Sometimes, if I'm too lazy to actually train the old-fashioned way, I'll just stick them in the day-care and walk around until they're where I want them to be. The only problem is them learning moves in the day-care and they replace moves I actually use. In that case, I'll usually save after each level gained. Yes, in the long run it costs me more money, but I don't really care. XD;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Of course! If it's a Pokemon that I'm trying to train, (but can be a bit stubborn at times) I always go to the day care and leave it there for a while. But the disadvantage to that is when they start learning new moves and forget the "most frequent and powerful" moves.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I've probably never intentionally used the Day-Care for anything other than Breeding. (I sometimes forget about the egg parents I leave in there...xP) I really dislike how your Pokemon's best moves usually disappear. It's just not worth it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'll usually just stick something I that I've caught but have stopped using in the daycare and forget about it until I go back after the E4 to start breeding a more competitive team. XD

SeanTheOriginal

Serious trainer is serious
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    I've been able to use the Daycare the smart way to level up Pokemon. Let's say I have a Zoroark, and the last move Zoroark can learn is at level 64. So I level Zoroark to 64 and then dump it in the Daycare and focus on another Pokemon.

Worked out pretty well until I decided to just level it the old fashioned way just to say I did it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    No i didn't, purely because I dont like the daycare couple teaching my pokemon fail moves XD That is the only reason why I dont though :(

Years
    Sometimes I put Pokemon that I do not intend to use much in the Daycare, and often forget about them. And then after a long while a discover that the Pokemon have grown by 15-20 levels. lol

I actually prefer leveling Pokemon up the traditional method, i.e. battling. =p

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I can remember using the Day Care a LOT during Gold and Silver, mainly because I went through this phase of making sure every Pokemon in my team was at least at the level of the highest gym leader in question. This required extensive 'training', which normally meant putting one/two Pokemon in daycare as I careened through Goldenrod on my bike, enjoying the music and trying not to get attacked by Drowzee as I accidentally rode through the grass. Good times!

Nowadays I just can't be bothered. There's either the fear that I'll forget completely that something's in there, or the fear that I'll accidentally leave the Pokemon in too long and it'll forget a really important move. And now with the Lucky Egg, training becomes so much easier!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    They randomly erase all one's good moves to replace them with crappy learned ones, and anything with a level too high to learn anything new takes too long to level up, so I've never taken to it.
    If you want fast experience, use traded monsters holding lucky eggs.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    I don't REALLY like to level up my pokemon in the day care because I prefer to raise them in my own personal...conditions. (ergh, sorry, didn't word it right. ;; CURSE MY ENGLISH SKILLS.)

I mean, fighting wild pokemon that gives the right EVs to my pokemon, that's all. Because when I play the game, I kind of prefer to also "EV train" here and there. Plus, the majority of pokemon I raise evolves from happiness as well, so...yeah.

Plus, the lucky egg comes in very handy in rasing in Pokemon Black and White; MUCH more eaiser and quicker IMO.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    *goes to check daycare*

whoa...level 75 Ditto
    cost me 6500 to get it back XD

I chain breed Eevees...

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Every now and then. I only use it to quickly level up a low level Pokemon (like one I hatched from an egg, or Eevee) so I can use it on my team. Once the Pokemon reaches like lvl 15-25, though, I pull it out and self train, because I prefer self training for some reason.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I do use the daycare, but I only put Pokemon that I'm not going to use.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Be careful where you post your threads. D: Since this focuses around the games, and not the anime, or TCG, it's gonna move to Pokemon Gaming Central. ~

As for the daycare, I don't use it on a regular basis. Usually I throw Pokemon into the daycare for leveling if I know they'll be useful for their moves / type, but I don't like them enough to train them myself. xD;; And that rarely happens, I typically don't mind training most Pokemon. Perhaps, sometimes my team is full of Pokemon that I really like, but there's one or two others that I want leveled - I use the daycare for that too.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I dropped a couple of random Pokemon in about midgame in White and then picked them up when I wanted to start IV breeding. They both came out about level 40-something - not bad, I guess.

Back