• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dealing with emotions.

Years
  • I don't show them.
    I normally store them up inside me and just let it boil, until someone tips me over the edge, then they get a very angry Fabio.​

Years
  • Ah. The Dark side of life. It will devour those who do not possess the strength to control it. It is a fiercely destructive storm of emotions which annihilates anything in its path. Those who are strong can ride the ferocious winds to reach unfathomable heights. The storm lays waste to the weak and unworthy. They are swept up within the raging turmoil and torn asunder. The Dark side is only for those who are strong enough to wield its power.

I am strong. I have good control of my emotions most of the time and very rarely unleash my wrath. I will not be consumed by my emotions. I will use them to bolster my own strength.

I will ride the storm to victory.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't show them.
    I normally store them up inside me and just let it boil, until someone tips me over the edge, then they get a very angry Fabio.​
    ^ very cute fabio albeit very angry :3c

I don't really know, it's not like I put up a happy face because it's too much effort and I don't want to pretend being happy-go-lucky when I'm really not, but I don't show it either. In school though, for the sake of not having to bother with people asking if I'm ~okay~ all the time, I just hide it obviously. Uhh but it bottles up and then anger converts to sadness and frustration and confusion and then I kind of break down, and only am better after a few days.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Nowadays I just get high or start drinking lol, I tend to shut them out for the most part while playing a game on my 360 though which is what I prefer to do most if not all of the time when I have the opportunity nowadays lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I try to handle them as best I can. I dont always handle my emotions very well and its led me to do some stupid things. Now I try harder to handle them and hide them so it dosent interfere with anything else.

Ayselipera

I hate bringing up how I feel about things that truly bother me. So I tend to pretend to be normal so people won't ask me if anything is wrong. Although if I'm really upset about something I'm usually completely quiet and keeping to myself which always causes someone to ask if something is wrong. But besides that I think I do a pretty good job ayaya.

Rarely I'll talk about things, only if I want an opinion on the situation. Most of the time I just think about whatever it is that is bothering me for a while and then either, go for a walk, listen to classical music lololol, cry, or do all three! After a bit of that I'm back to normal.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I try to hide my emotions, but they tend to get the better of me most of the time (I show signs of crying when I try to hold in my sadness for instance).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm terrible about emotions. If I get sad or angry, I just cry. I can't help it although I've tried really hard for years not to, it just happens. Angry I'm less likely to cry over although it has happened because I've been frustrated with something and am unable to change it for whatever reason.

I'm trying to apply that more to my positive emotions though, because for some reason I tend to show them less to people than when I get upset. Maybe because I'm shy and don't wanna draw attention to myself so I hide what I can control, but I'm trying to go out of my way to make happiness obvious because some people think I'm just like...sad all the time, haha.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I tend to just suppress my negative emotions and try to only reveal the optimistic, happy side of me. My feelings tend to get bottled up, but I usually find a way to get rid of them.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I can just ignore them most of the time. I'm pretty good at suppressing negative emotions... not so much happy ones, but there's no reason to. lol

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I just always smile... If I get angry, usually there is nothing more than a face of disapproval towards the person who is being irritating. Too much anger (I mean a LOT), and I'll just avoid that person for a while... If I can't though, I'll admit that I can get violent.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I often put on a subtle emotionless face. But I can't control tears, it seems.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I internalise a lot. I never show what I'm feeling outwardly, but if I am dealing with negative emotions I find it extremely difficult to be productive. I just sit there stewing or stressing in my mind and I can't concentrate on anything until whatever's causing the emotions is resolved.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Depends what emotion it is. If it's anger, I keep it inside until I can either find some way to healthily release it or it comes out in the form of bitter, spiteful remarks against the people I love. Not that I want to be mean to those people, because I really don't, but usually something they do drives me over the edge and all the emotional bile I've been storing up inside of me comes up and ruins the day of everyone that is involved. It's a habit that I've had for years and I really hate it, for it's not beneficial to me and if anything the resulting aftermath of the spiteful attacks makes more more emotions for me to keep down and ugh it's just a terrible cycle.
    When it comes to sadness, I usually just wallow about and drown myself in self pity for x amount of days and what not. I'm not very good at dealing with my emotions, as you can see.

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
  • I tend to draw or write to calm myself when angry or upset.
    Though I will admit I have difficulty not crying when something really gets to me.
    I'm bad at handling anger though, I try to write and draw, but I'm better at doing that when upset.
    When I'm extremely angered it's best to stay away, kids have learned that all through out my schooling life.
    Hitting in the face with books, binders, fists, feet, knees, etc @_@
    I'm bad at controlling my temper when someone has a bad mouth on them or is too touchy with me (in a perverted or harmful way, unless that's my fiance)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • It depends on the emotion really. I always have somebody to tell my feelings to, since keeping them bottled up inside would only hurt me more emotionally and physically. If not, then I draw them out or sing my heart out...or I could do the alternative, which is punch.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The only emotion I will never show in public is if I am feeling sad or depressed; I will keep those emotions in and go on with my life. The only person that is allowed to see my depressed moments in my life are my three cats and boyfriend. Other than that, if I am angry, I do not have a problem with showing my emotions to anyone no matter who they are so I don't feel the need to hide those emotions. Other emotions I dont need to hide really.

:t354:TG

Back