• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Demo Event & Pokemon Game Show Discussion and Information Thread

Years
    The games are so amazing. OMG! I can't wait until October!!!!! 52 days left!!!

I really hope Fennekin to evolve into Fire/Psychic or even Fire/Fairy would be cool. And I think Chespin will evolve into Grass/Rock and Froakie into Water/Fighting. I am so excited lol

Also, I don't think they should put the demo to the eshop cause it will ruin the hype, I guess. :\ Or if they do, I won't download it. it will be so hard not to tho... ugh! :( haha

Also, I noticed that they changed Pikachu's cry to the anime cry. Why they didn't do that for all the Pokemon?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    The games are so amazing. OMG! I can't wait until October!!!!! 52 days left!!!

I really hope Fennekin to evolve into Fire/Psychic or even Fire/Fairy would be cool. And I think Chespin will evolve into Grass/Rock and Froakie into Water/Fighting. I am so excited lol

Also, I don't think they should put the demo to the eshop cause it will ruin the hype, I guess. :\ Or if they do, I won't download it. it will be so hard not to tho... ugh! :( haha

Also, I noticed that they changed Pikachu's cry to the anime cry. Why they didn't do that for all the Pokemon?

I think it is mainly because Pikachu is Pikachu and is mainly the Pokemon franchise mascot.

As for the demos, I don't really see a big point to it, though I understand most of what everyone means. Even if the do put the demos out. I don't see it showing much. I probably will not download it. I prefer to jump right into games and learn as I go.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Just a little update btw;

Nintendo have also announced that the Pokémon X & Y demos, most likely the same as seen at the Pokémon Games Show and at Gamescom this past week, will be available for play by visitors to the gaming event PAX Prime at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle from August 30th to September 2nd.

Lucky for those in that area but somehow I can't see this making its way to Europe.. Ah well, not long to wait now.

Years
    wow. Draco Meteor looked amazing. The graphics are so amazing. Sylveon is so strong after all. Is it October already? ugh 51 days left.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Politoed and Ferrothorn are looking awesome! It really is great to see past generation Pokémon in-battle in full 3D too!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I really love the fainting animation, it looks like it's actually returning to it's Pokeball compared to just going to the ground like in past generations...
    Damn Sylveon may not have the most useful ability but it seems to be very bulky...it only received 1/4 damage by what seems to be a Life orb holding Politoad's Hydro pump in the rain!

Last edited:
    Years
    I really love the fainting animation, it looks like it's actually returning to it's Pokeball compared to just going to the ground like in past generations...
    Damn Sylveon may not have the most useful ability but it seems to be very bulky...it only received 1/4 damage by what seems to be a Life orb holding Politoad's Hydro pump in the rain!

The new fainting animation is really good, very reminiscent of what I saw when I once watched old videos of Pokemon Battle Revolution on YouTube. That's one of the best things about the new full-3D, but wow if Sylveon was able to take a rain-boosted Hydro Pump you gotta easily say it's best stat might actually be Special Defense, which an Eeveelution has not had for its best stat yet. But at least we know Fairy takes neutral damage from Electric and Water.

Years
    The new fainting animation is really good, very reminiscent of what I saw when I once watched old videos of Pokemon Battle Revolution on YouTube. That's one of the best things about the new full-3D, but wow if Sylveon was able to take a rain-boosted Hydro Pump you gotta easily say it's best stat might actually be Special Defense, which an Eeveelution has not had for its best stat yet. But at least we know Fairy takes neutral damage from Electric and Water.
    Actually Umbreon's best stat is Special defense at 130.

Didn't a rumor say Fairy was weak against water? If so there goes that rumor.

Years
    Actually Umbreon's best stat is Special defense at 130.

Didn't a rumor say Fairy was weak against water? If so there goes that rumor.

I guess that means Sylveon shares a trait with Umbreon, like how Glaceon and Espeon do.

I don't recall a rumor about Water being strong against Fairy, but if such a rumor existed then it's all debunked.

Years
    I guess that means Sylveon shares a trait with Umbreon, like how Glaceon and Espeon do.

I don't recall a rumor about Water being strong against Fairy, but if such a rumor existed then it's all debunked.

Slyveon makes Politoed's hydro pump with rain-dance look like bubble!

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    Yah, that was crazy. Sylveon seems like a good Eeveelution after all...
    Someone said that maybe its Dream World ability was Multiscale, I don't remember exactly, but I think it took very little damage from the first Hydro Pump at full health.

Years
    Yah, that was crazy. Sylveon seems like a good Eeveelution after all...
    Someone said that maybe its Dream World ability was Multiscale, I don't remember exactly, but I think it took very little damage from the first Hydro Pump at full health.
    Yeah, and I believe that the first one was a critical too...insane special defense...

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was just watching this video of the english demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4c7n6WUO8

and if you pause at 3:48, it says "Chespin is in a bit of a pinch. It looks like it might cry..."

I'm not quite sure what to think of that. Except that if that message appears a lot and/or in wifi battles, I'm going to feel like a monster.

Years
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was just watching this video of the english demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4c7n6WUO8

and if you pause at 3:48, it says "Chespin is in a bit of a pinch. It looks like it might cry..."

I'm not quite sure what to think of that. Except that if that message appears a lot and/or in wifi battles, I'm going to feel like a monster.

I think the "pinch" is a term to relate to you being low on health, I'm watching the video right now so I might try and spot what you're talking about. And I'm surprised they finally completely changed most, if not all of the flavor text in battle scenes from what we've been familiar with for 5 generations.

And during the battle with Serena, it looks like Fennekin is revealed to learn Lucky Chant as well.

Yeah, I guess I was correct, the text at 3:48 does show that Chespin is low on HP and is close to fainting, but also I noticed the low HP sound is no longer its own music like in 5th Gen.

Years
    Poor Chespin...maybe the pinch thing can also mean that it's using it's ability? Chimchar in the anime seemed angry whenever it used it's ability, could be something similar, except grass types being more peaceful cry...

Years
    Poor Chespin...maybe the pinch thing can also mean that it's using it's ability? Chimchar in the anime seemed angry whenever it used it's ability, could be something similar, except grass types being more peaceful cry...

Well, it's when you're low on HP that causes Blaze/Overgrow/Torrent/Swarm to trigger, but yeah I'm surprised they now added flavor text if you're low on HP. It was a good move by Game Freak so you can tell it's pretty close to fainting. I don't really see something like Chimchar using Blaze in the anime though.

blue

gucci
    Years

Oh dear, I'm going to feel awful for those cuter Pokémon when this message appears in battle... I suppose its more realistic though.

Back