• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Demo Event & Pokemon Game Show Discussion and Information Thread

Years
  • 800?! wow!! i predict a super huge pokedex.
    i like the screenshot of the professor, he really look like the messy and funny guy.

at first i thought that this new anime will follow the manga, but when i see red having a charmander i got dissapointed(I always liked the manga)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Why no moveset for Chespin? Poor little guy :(

It's looking like the Fairy chart rumor may be true then. If so than Ice will be super effective! How many dragon's except for Palkia, Kingdra, and Kyurem learn ice moves?

A good number of Dragons learn Ice Beam.

Demo Event & Pokemon Game Show Discussion and Information Thread

This is just a poster for the event.

That is a ton of pages for the Pokedex Guide book. the Black/White 2 pokedex book only had 592 pages or so and Diamond and Pearl had about 482. I am wondering if that is an indication there there will be a lot of new pokemon in the 6th generation. Even if they include mega evolutions in the book, that is still a ton of pages. Even if there is only 1 pokemon per page, that is still over 150 new pokemon.

The Pokedex book usually contains a lot of extra info as well. The Pokedex may have full details about Pokemon-Amie as well as the extra Pokemon and any other bonus features we may get in the games so 800 seems about right.

Fire moves being resistant to Fairy goes along with the leaks/rumors right? Either way I really like that. If Charizard's Mega Evolution is Fire/Dragon then there would be at least one Dragon type resistant to Fairy.

I like that Megas are an optional button on the battle screen. Hopefully we can switch back and forth to it's original form during battle.

Those guide books sound really huge which indicates to me that the story and Pokedex are gonna be huge.

Whatever that game is I'm excited to learn more about it. Looks like the Wii U's equivalent of Stadium/Revolution or Colosseum/X.

Reshiram is Fire/Dragon so we know there is already 1 that isn't weak to Fairy Pokemon so far.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Well damn, all this new stuff is just brilliant!
    New anime, Battle against Sycamore and Rivals, a button Mega Evolution.
    Liking it all so far, anyone got some video footage though? I wanna hear what the Rival and Sycamore's battle themes sound like.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well damn, all this new stuff is just brilliant!
    New anime, Battle against Sycamore and Rivals, a button Mega Evolution.
    Liking it all so far, anyone got some video footage though? I wanna hear what the Rival and Sycamore's battle themes sound like.

They aren't even supposed to be taking pictures XD

Matsuda said photography were prohibited. Video recording the demos could probably be really bad. I'm surprised people are risking getting kicked out just to snap a picture.

Years
  • ^ All, maybe 30 pictures are from the same person as well! I don't know how that is possible to get away with that. Though, I don't mind :)

Also the image has not been confirmed as the event poster. Serebii, pokejungle, and other sources are tentative to say that this could be big news, like a Wii U game, or otherwise. The possibility is still open for anything. (Though, maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up)

Last edited:

tnfsf11

Um, is he actually gonna give me Mewtwo in the real game? If yes then will it be registered in the Dex? Because that will save me a lot of hassle :)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Um, is he actually gonna give me Mewtwo in the real game? If yes then will it be registered in the Dex? Because that will save me a lot of hassle :)

I doubt it, it's probably just for the demo to help show off the mechanic.
    The Black/White demo did this too, it started you off in Icirrus City with completely different dialogue to the actual game, so this is probably similar.

Years
  • In minor news....Skitty and Exeggutor have been spotted in the X&Y overworld. They are highly likely to be part of the pokedex. Meh on Exeggutor; it's actually one of my least favorite gen I pokemon. Skitty, though terrible competitively, is slightly infectious with that smile and elated eyes. Well, this could be actual news, since Skitty has received some speculation of receiving normal/fairy typing (God knows Delcatty needs a Mega Boost as well!). But, Exeggutor, it's like GF doesn't understand that everyone loathes him. haha.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • If there's no drawback to Mega form then it's silly to ask whether you can turn it off. Why would you want to do it? The Pokémon gets a great stat increase, gains a new ability, new typing even... If there's no drawback I would go into Mega form all the time. So what if the Pokémon looks uglier? It becomes better all around.

I still want to see if there a drawback, though. Pokémon isn't mana based so that is not a viable route.

Years
  • Anybody noticed that in the screenshot where the player ride on Rhyhorn, you can see in the background a huge rock blocking stairs.

This rock seems a little bit cracked to me, you think we will need rock smash to pass the rock?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • In minor news....Skitty and Exeggutor have been spotted in the X&Y overworld. They are highly likely to be part of the pokedex. Meh on Exeggutor; it's actually one of my least favorite gen I pokemon. Skitty, though terrible competitively, is slightly infectious with that smile and elated eyes. Well, this could be actual news, since Skitty has received some speculation of receiving normal/fairy typing (God knows Delcatty needs a Mega Boost as well!). But, Exeggutor, it's like GF doesn't understand that everyone loathes him. haha.

Say it for yourself. Exeggutor was the best Grass Pokémon in 1st gen and is still pretty powerful. While I couldn't care less for Skitty.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm overwhelmed by all this! The screens are looking so fresh and I like how Fennekin can learn Psybeam, only supports the Fire/Psychic theory ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    This proves that it isn't just a poster as the models are moving.

I'm waiting to see more, for both X & Y and this.

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
    Years
  • Ahhhhh so excited. The graphics look phenomenal. GameFreak seems to have worked really hard on these games, it will be interesting to see how much content they hold.

I'm still disappointed that there's been no ice-type related news so far, but that's offset by possibly a new game for the WiiU.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Fairy type is meant to help with balance yet it makes the Fire type more powerful... Ok.
    Fire isn't too strong now either being weak against the common types of water, ground, and rock. Ice and Grass could use the strengthening up but it's not like this is making Fire crazy powerful.

Years
  • Fire isn't too strong now either being weak against the common types of water, ground, and rock. Ice and Grass could use the strengthening up but it's not like this is making Fire crazy powerful.

Fire will only do neutral damage to Fairy, while Fairy attacks will be resisted by Fire. At least we know Reshiram takes neutral damage from it, but I'm still hoping the weakness to Poison and Steel is confirmed true.

Back