• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I don't use vine all like that, but some of the guys who upload stuff there are hilarious as hell. Like that King Bach guy.

Tumblr is neat too, but I barely use it as compared to FB and Twitter.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I occasionally visit devArt, github and xkcd, but that's all. DevArt for pictures or if I felt like creating and uploading something, github if I wrote a Python script that others might find useful and xkcd for the funny web comics.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I sometimes just plain forget about social networks. Goes to show how important they are to me...

Years
Somehow I think changing my router's security from WEP to WPA2-PSK has caused my Nexus 7's wifi to become unstable. It used to be stable, until I made the change to WPA2-PSK. The tablet is literally only good on wifi for 3 minutes then it just drops until I disconnect and reconnect to the internet.

The same thing is happening on my Galaxy Tab 4. Coincidence? I don't think so, really.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think it's your router's fault if more than one device exhibit the same problem. Get it checked.

Years
I think it's your router's fault if more than one device exhibit the same problem. Get it checked.
It's just the two tablets though; all of my other devices are fine and stable on the same network. Also, I know someone else that had an Android device act in a similar way with their router being secured to WPA-PSK.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm going to ask you this: did you change the settings for an existing wireless profile on your tablets, or did you delete and recreate profiles?

Years
I'm going to ask you this: did you change the settings for an existing wireless profile on your tablets, or did you delete and recreate profiles?
They were both redone from scratch.

Also, the topic is a little outdated right now. :P *updates name*

Years
Okay so I deleted the WiFi profile of my home network on the Nexus 7 and redid it. Let's see how it holds up now. :P

(aka I opened AndChat to see if it would time out)

EDIT: yep, the connection timed out. Ugh.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Okay so I deleted the WiFi profile of my home network on the Nexus 7 and redid it. Let's see how it holds up now. :P

(aka I opened AndChat to see if it would time out)

EDIT: yep, the connection timed out. Ugh.

I'm beginning to suspect incompatibility between wireless adapter in your tablets and router. Unsolvable?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Sometimes I'm inclined to believe that the battery within my 3DS XL is living on borrowed time. Too bad there's no real method on getting actual battery stats of it short of timing it.

Sometimes I wish batteries lasted for more cycles before degrading enough to be noticeable. Or, for the matter, battery tech to advance quickly. It's kind of a shame that we're only getting incremental improvements on battery tech, short of experimental stuff.

Years
My Nexus 7 2013's warranty expires next week.. so to load a custom ROM onto that or not? :P

Also, I love how my school's wifi works like a charm whenever I want to test its speeds...

3885543097.png

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
My Nexus 7 2013's warranty expires next week.. so to load a custom ROM onto that or not? :P

Also, I love how my school's wifi works like a charm whenever I want to test its speeds...

3885543097.png

And then give you worse-than-56K when you actually do something? Even 56K at least was stable.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
So I decided to cancel the laptop I had on layaway and decided to jump the gun by waiting until Black Friday and see if there are any computer deals this year. I'm not going to Best Buy, seeing that since LAST NIGHT there are two parties camping out. And I'm like "uh no." Probs going to Walmart.

Anyone else also waiting for Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year? What "tech" things do you plan to buy?

Years
Black Friday? Yeah, no thank you. >_>

Although some of the best deals come on that day, it's just horrible seeing people camping out to go shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back