• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I really should find more things to do these days. Maybe someone could throw me an app to code every day or week, and I'll try to do exactly that.
I'll probably be saying something similar to that over the summer if I get to an extreme level of being bored. :P

Too bad my knowledge of coding is minimal. At least I could probably do something in PHP if I wanted, but I'm all out of ideas.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
At least next semester is all project and no classes for me, so I get to spend a lot of time doing work on the project. (It's a game.)

Years
Ok so I am going to try to obtain a Raspberry Pi, and do all that stuff to put emulators on it so I can relive my Gameboy Color experience, kinda. Like it'll be on the go and what not and look like a gameboy, but will be playing Gameboy, SNES, Genesis, AND GBA games, because roms and emulators. Can't wait. Any of you have suggestions on what I should put on my custom Gameboy color shell?

Years
Ok so I am going to try to obtain a Raspberry Pi, and do all that stuff to put emulators on it so I can relive my Gameboy Color experience, kinda. Like it'll be on the go and what not and look like a gameboy, but will be playing Gameboy, SNES, Genesis, AND GBA games, because roms and emulators. Can't wait. Any of you have suggestions on what I should put on my custom Gameboy color shell?

Years
I want to get a Raspberry Pi one of these days just to have one, but then I'd have to find a reason to own one.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I want to get a Raspberry Pi one of these days just to have one, but then I'd have to find a reason to own one.

What if I told you the Raspberry Pi 2 is much faster than the original and can run Windows (albeit the IoT version)?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Just don't take a picture of it. 8)

With the flash turned on, I suppose. The Raspberry Pi 2 has a Flash vulnerability!

Only Xenon flashes that pulse really fast affect them, though. Even dual-LED pulsing LEDs that end up perceptually as a flash to the human eye(as found on high-end Lumia smartphones) won't stop the Pi 2 in its tracks.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
With the flash turned on, I suppose. The Raspberry Pi 2 has a Flash vulnerability!
LOL

Only Xenon flashes that pulse really fast affect them, though. Even dual-LED pulsing LEDs that end up perceptually as a flash to the human eye(as found on high-end Lumia smartphones) won't stop the Pi 2 in its tracks.

I know Xenon flashes use a lot of electricity, maybe it has something to do with the high intensity discharge near the device that causes the issue.

Last edited:
Years
So the mouse I had been using for the longest of time with my desktops finally decided to wear out. It's become nearly impossible to use the left-click button on it, and cleaning it of gunk/dust did no avail either.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Here, might as well take ours. Barely been used, which is a shame.

Dammmnnn. That moment when your computer suddenly starts making horrendous noises and becomes unresponsive. I got so scared I turned the thing off. And when I went to use it again a little while later, the first thing it tells me is that it's updating the BIOS. Opps.

Years
So I was in Computer Sciences class and was working on the concepts of linked lists. I was typing out my code snippet when this happened:

NVq5hmr.png

Wat do.
Don't you already know that the semicolon is the answer to all errors in coding?! :P
I really don't know, but I thought this answer was funny. April fools!

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
You're supposed to return the value of whatever that is you're testing, so in your case you should be returning "whateverhead == null"

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
My laptop seems to be throttling in games nowadays. I think I might need to get its internals cleaned up. Stuttering where there wasn't any screams "something's not right".

After all, the laptop is just a few days away from being 1 year old.

Years
I was getting assistance on something from my computer professor the other day, and when performing changes to an assignment, I hit Ctrl+S on the keyboard, and she asked me to click the diskette in Access to save. Aren't those pretty much the same thing? XD

I Ctrl+S any of my work religiously.

Buoysel

Years
I was getting assistance on something from my computer professor the other day, and when performing changes to an assignment, I hit Ctrl+S on the keyboard, and she asked me to click the diskette in Access to save. Aren't those pretty much the same thing? XD

I Ctrl+S any of my work religiously.
I've seen several developers who are not tech savvy, like how do you even get very far as a developer and not be tech savvy?

Years
I've seen several developers who are not tech savvy, like how do you even get very far as a developer and not be tech savvy?
It could also be possible that she didn't take notice of me using the key combination, because she asked me to Ctrl+Z something I did wrong a few seconds later (and she literally said it like that too).

Buoysel

Years
It could also be possible that she didn't take notice of me using the key combination, because she asked me to Ctrl+Z something I did wrong a few seconds later (and she literally said it like that too).

That's good. I had an intro to Java class where the professor struggled with opening a PDF.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Asus customer service is suggesting me to send in my laptop for dusting out the internals due to possible heat problems. The thing is probably the fact that I still need the laptop to complete a project I'm working on.

Decisions, decisions. At least it's not critical, so I guess I'll hold off on this until sometime later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back