• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
Without realising the "correct" pronunciation I've stuck with pronouncing GIF as 'jiff'. I think it's easier to say in speech, though some might not agree with me on that.

Wait Zack you're telling me that I'm the only one who pronounces "imgur" as image-ur? ;O; (Imager is probably my closest answer)

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
This is the only thing I pronounce as "jiff"

4eFLenvm.jpg

Years
loljif

Wait Zack you're telling me that I'm the only one who pronounces "imgur" as image-ur? ;O; (Imager is probably my closest answer)
Image-ur is how it's supposed to be pronounced (according to their FAQ), so I pronounce it that way too. I know some people in real life that say "im-gurr" though and it annoys me more than giff/jiff.

Buoysel

Years
http://www.w3.org/TR/PNG-Introduction.html
I like, how the official pronounciation of PNG is "ping". Yet, people still pronounce it "pee-en-gee" {XD}
That's just stupid. PNG is an initialism, most initialism are pronounced by saying the letters, like FBI, OEM, and BBC.

I don't know why people things think they just can re-write english language rules.

Years
I've always said it as P-N-G. Now I'm curious to how people say JPG. XD

Of course, I'll be the one to say it as "J-peg."

Years
I dunno why, but the thought of getting the lower-end model Mac Mini popped into my head. I've never owned a Macintosh computer in my life, so it'd be a new chapter for sure if I got one. However, at the same time, I'm still considering getting parts to build a PC for a replacement of my "dead" desktop.

Buoysel

Years
I dunno why, but the thought of getting the lower-end model Mac Mini popped into my head. I've never owned a Macintosh computer in my life, so it'd be a new chapter for sure if I got one. However, at the same time, I'm still considering getting parts to build a PC for a replacement of my "dead" desktop.

I *just* got one last week. Been using the iPhone for a while, liking my experience with it, been tempted to dive completely into the Apple exosphere for a while, then MicroCenter had the lowest end Mac Mini for $399. It's not that bad at all. My only complaint so far is that it has a HDD instead of an SSD (I'm spoiled okay), but I intend to fix that tomorrow morning. Cloning the HDD to SSD was quick and simple, doesn't even require installing additional software. the only reason I haven't swapped it out already is that I don't have a T6 security bit.

UPDATE, SSD migration successful. Wasn't overly hard to replace the HDD, other than needing a T6 security bit, and having to completely gut the computer to get to the HDD.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I'd like a $700 laptop and my Samsung Galaxy Reverb back. This Intel Celeron N2815 is killing me, and I have no phone, which means not only no phone/text but also no mobile music, no checking things without a PC, and more... ugh. I have to fix my digital life.

Years
One week has gone by without me using a desktop and wow it has changed how I use the computer :/

Oh well at least people on IRC can at least tell when I'm away thanks to my ZNC bouncer :P

Years
I've been wanting to set one of those up myself, but I'm too broke for hosting haha. It's something that's on my to-do list though for once I get a new job.
I actually self-host mine! I have a couple of domains that point to my assigned IP from my ISP and have a port (not 80) opened up so that I can access it away from home.

Years
That'd be a smart way of going about it. I'd have to have a decent upload speed, first, or else my ping would be slow as heck having it relay from where I am to home, then to the IRC server. And if I'm on my phone, pings of 2000ms+ aren't uncommon when it's busy.
How bad is your upload? o_O

Usually IRC doesn't take up a lot of bandwidth, so I'd imagine it's the same way for a ZNC bouncer.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Makes me have all the more anticipation for Google Fiber. Dat 1000/1000. Now who's going to be slower? The servers, that's right. Read 'em and weep.

Funny how PC is already slow as it is, God help me with fibre accessing this thing lawl

Years
Makes me have all the more anticipation for Google Fiber. Dat 1000/1000. Now who's going to be slower? The servers, that's right. Read 'em and weep.

Funny how PC is already slow as it is, God help me with fibre accessing this thing lawl
I honestly want Google Fiber down here where I live. I would take extreme advantage of the $300 one-time fee for unlimited basic service and use that on my server as a dedicated line (better than unstable Verizon FiOS wifi + power outages at times). Although the speeds aren't that great, being able to pay $300 for basic high-speed internet is a steal, especially for those that cannot afford a normal internet plan.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I seriously just had to cut the cable on that laptop of mine. It was choking so bad that I sat there having the contents of the task manager Window rudely flash before my eyes... it was printing the window thrice per whole second. I wasn't even doing anything intensive, just regular stuff open and my YouTube on this Arch Linux boot here! I don't want to use that laptop anymore.

I like how things on this Core i5 with Arch on a USB stick don't ride like a Jeep on gravel... gah. Crappy hardware is a shaky experience.

That laptop had a mobile Celeron with no way to reimage Windows on it (complains about ACPI compliancy). If I can't shift it over to my mother when I get a new PC (this one belongs to a client who is apparently poor) then I'll happily trash it.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
When I was a little kid dealing in pre-Y2K secondhand PCs, I still hated Macs. I thought the ancient Apple IIs and the like were fugly and I thought the OS9 iMacs were just icky. I had such a thing for the modularity IBMs PCs had, believe me. ThinkEverything.

Years
Soooo, I just noticed that Chrome in Windows 8 now has some emoji support. 🍕🍗🍘🍔🍖🍙🍟🎎🎓

And expressions are still unsupported. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back