• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My storage mostly consists of pictures and music. I would've had a few games in here, but unfortunately, I don't play games on my computer anymore. :p

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I have like 460 gigs, with only 50 of it being used for my stuff. I'm surprisingly light on the content.

Years
  • My storage mostly consists of pictures and music. I would've had a few games in here, but unfortunately, I don't play games on my computer anymore. :p
    Yeah, I don't play games on my PC at all either, so my storage doesn't really consist of that :P

I used to be a packrat and saved everything I found on the internet many years ago, but ever since I got my current desktop running and set up, I haven't done that just so I know to conserve space and never approach full. At one point in time, my "My Pictures" folder had over 100GB of stuff in it.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Wow, that's a lot of pictures haha. I barely ever save pictures, but I do need to hoard a ton of CC ones...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Most storage I have consists of pictures from 2001 to today, and 10 gb of music.

iOS 7 jailbreak is out. That was rather fast compared to last year

hnnngggg this is rather tempting for me rn. *stares at iPhone* should I? or should I not? xD

Years
  • hnnngggg this is rather tempting for me rn. *stares at iPhone* should I? or should I not? xD
    It's tempting but if it's on warranty, just be sure to restore it to non-jailbroken status if you need to have it serviced.

Also, new topic title is totally not devoted to those who have hard drives with bad sectors.

Years
  • hnnngggg this is rather tempting for me rn. *stares at iPhone* should I? or should I not? xD

If you already have a lot of data saved on your phone, then I don't recommend jailbreaking. Personally, the only reason I jailbreaked a long time ago was only because I wanted more custom options like background change.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Also, new topic title is totally not devoted to those who have hard drives with bad sectors.

Ah... the wonders of storage devices with bad sectors and/or inaccessible areas due to media damage. Your beloved disk integrity checker, stalling at a certain sector, trying its hardest to get something usable out of it... and mark it as bad... right after your storage device itself had did its best at reallocating it transparently several times.

Years
  • I had to do a chkdsk one time and I got impatient out of it and stopped it and restarted in the middle of it, saw a lot of corrupted stuff, and redoing the chkdsk just resolved things. Learnt my lesson after that.

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Most storage I have consists of pictures from 2001 to today, and 10 gb of music.

hnnngggg this is rather tempting for me rn. *stares at iPhone* should I? or should I not? xD

Do itt. I'm very happy with it, and it's very unlikely anything will go wrong :D

Don't believe anything you hear about viruses/malware in it, that was proved false. Oh and if you've updated over the air before, restore from iTunes first or you'll be stuck in a boot loop. D:

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Attempting to jailbreak a new device still carries the risk of voiding the warranty when the device has a hardware failure while in a jailbroken state, and common sense does go a long way in preventing malware from getting into your device, but there are no absolutes.

I'm on a Linux machine, so I don't do CHKDSK on this :D

You'd better hope that you don't end up having to use an application that is just one letter away from a banned word in PC. :)

Years
  • Okay so I thought of one this morning, and it may not be patch Tuesday, but hey, it's technology related! Twelve security patches!

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    hardware failure while in a jailbroken state

Apple replaces them anyway, if it's otherwise under the warranty. When I took my JBed iPhone in for reception issues, I just moved cydia to the last page. If they even noticed, they didn't do anything about it.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Okay so I thought of one this morning, and it may not be patch Tuesday, but hey, it's technology related! Twelve security patches!

I prefer my patches in a predictable schedule for some reason. I'd rather be able to install all the patches I need in a single run per month, or be not aware of any such patching... Patch Tuesdays sure make my life... easier, since I can pretty much just go with "shut down on the second Wednesday night of each month" to get patches installed. (Exception: out-of-band patches.)

Apple replaces them anyway, if it's otherwise under the warranty. When I took my JBed iPhone in for reception issues, I just moved cydia to the last page. If they even noticed, they didn't do anything about it.

Usually, if the modification isn't obvious, you get away with it. Sometimes, though, you really want to play it safe, as there seems to have some cases with some manufacturers where the warranty is voided.

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Usually, if the modification isn't obvious, you get away with it. Sometimes, though, you really want to play it safe, as there seems to have some cases with some manufacturers where the warranty is voided.
    It's kind of redundant with iOS, anyway - if the problem isn't that bad, and you can tell you're jailbroken, you can just restore. The only way it could get so bad that you can't restore is a hardware brick, and with that, they have no way of telling you're jailbroken.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It's kind of redundant with iOS, anyway - if the problem isn't that bad, and you can tell you're jailbroken, you can just restore. The only way it could get so bad that you can't restore is a hardware brick, and with that, they have no way of telling you're jailbroken.

I see.

Anyway, on another topic, happy first birthday to my current laptop. Somehow, I think it's gonna be replaced by next Christmas (and I don't mean tomorrow)...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back