• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamon, Pearl....then what?

Master T

Ladies Man
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2007
    There are always three sets of Pokemon games for each generation, for example Ruby Saphire and Emerald. What do you think the next name will be for the Diamond and Pearl generation? I thought it might be Pokemon Jewel and have that big white god type Pokemon, Aruseus, on the box cover.

What do you guys and gals think?

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Not sure about the name, but it won't be Aruseus, it's an event Pokemon. It's more likely to be Giratina in my opinion.

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • I say there might be Garnet... seeing as people saying it.
    And i'm thinking it to be Giratina aswell.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    it would've been more fitting if Pokemon Crystal was the successor of Diamond and Pearl, and Pokemon Platinum would've been a better title than Pokemon Crystal (you know Silver, Gold, Platinum.)

but as far as Diamond and Pearl's successor is concerned, it should be named Pokemon Ice......as in bling bling......LOL!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I think Pokemon Opal would be it, and Giratina would be the focused Pokemon. :\

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Red, Blue... Yellow.

Gold, Silver... Crystal.

Ruby, Sapphire... Emerald
    (the only one to actually change the plot line besides Yellow with the lame starter change)

Pearl, Diamond... ???

I personally loved Emerald combining the two other plots into one monstrous, apocalyptic scenario.

Not sure what the next one of P/D will be...
    Platinum sounds like Pokemon has a record contract.

I like Pokemon Jewel, actually. Or maybe Pokemon Gem.

Maybe Quartz. Plasma wouldn't be too bad. Sounds like a ghost, though.

Not being biased with my favourite type, but I would love to see a Pokemon Steel in the future.

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Well it's safe to say it'll be a birth stone. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl- All birth stones. I sort of like the idea of pokemon Amethyst.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • I say there might be Garnet... seeing as people saying it.
    And i'm thinking it to be Giratina aswell.

I like Garnet too now that you mention it.

I do agree with Prince Gryph that it will most likely be a birthstone.

I still like Jade, Platinum, and Garnet the best,

Years
  • Hmmm... This is quite puzzling. Anyway, My guesses are as follows:

Onyx
    Amethyst
    Obsidian
    Jasper
    Ivory
    Marble

They might go for something completely different like what they did with G/S/C. That is why I put Onyx and Obsidian on there.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Pokemon Opal........

doesn't sound too marketable to me. I think I like my idea of Pokemon Ice (as in bling) LOL

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Pretty sure it will be 'Pokémon Berlitz' because, in the manga, the characters are named 'Diamond', 'Pearl' and 'Berlitz'. And their names are always like the games, so....

PS: I think there was a thread about this, called "Purple Crystal Emerald for the D/P series" or something like that.

pencilbuddy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    MY IDEAS
    TOPAZ tHE oNE I LIKE THE MOST
    jADE
    GARNET
    AMYHEST
    STONE
    geT MORE IDEAS SOON SORRY FOR MSITAKES

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • yes, the girasol is, so far, the most reasonable suggestion of what giradina will represent for the next game. it also works because while diamonds and pearls are exuberant rocks, girasols are as well. here's a picture of one:

Diamon, Pearl....then what?

it a clear gemstone that is considered to be very luxurious. looking at the sprite of Giradina,
    , you can't really tell any signs of a girasol gemstone on it, but you must consider that Diaruga's and Parukia's names start with their respective stones: diamond and pearl. Giradina is probably likewise.

this is what i posted in the other topic and just until now, i noticed the clear gemstone on Giradina's forehead.

Takuya

Negima Fan! ^^
    Years
  • Pretty sure it will be 'Pokémon Berlitz' because, in the manga, the characters are named 'Diamond', 'Pearl' and 'Berlitz'. And their names are always like the games, so....

PS: I think there was a thread about this, called "Purple Crystal Emerald for the D/P series" or something like that.

I thought the girl in the manga was just named 'The Lady' and doesn't have a name yet.

I guess that whatever Hidenori Kusaka's naming her's gonna be the next version...

(I like Garnet though. Sounds cool.)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    I agree with the birthstone idea also Diamond has Dialga-Diamond/Dialga

and the same with pearl and palkia so i think it will be Giranda for Garnet so in a summary

Pokemon Garnet

Years
  • Hmmm... This is quite puzzling. Anyway, My guesses are as follows:

Onyx
    Amethyst
    Obsidian
    Jasper
    Ivory
    Marble

They might go for something completely different like what they did with G/S/C. That is why I put Onyx and Obsidian on there.

I dont think they would go for Onyx since there is a pokemon caled Onix.

I like the Jade and Garnet ideas the best.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • Diamon, Pearl....then what?

this is a JADE gemstone. it isn't very lucturious and is more rocklike... let's not forgot that it is GREEN.

this is just ONE kind of a garnet. garnets vary in different colors, textures, and shapes. the color garnets are most commonly known for being is a PURPLE (grape) color and shaped like a diamond. so if the stone for the next game were a Garnet, it'd most likely be a diamond shape, which doesn't work at all. nevertheless, that does not change the fact that NO garnet gemstones are clear.

if you look closely at the Giradina sprite i provided early (
    ), you can see that there IS a clear gemstone in the shape of a Girasol gemstone right on its forehead.

therefore, Girasol is the most reasonable gemstone... not Jade nor Garnet.

Back