• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    actually it's not. the basic idea it that you edit the raw data file how it's stored in a file every byte is represented by it's HEX value. IF you know how the file is interpreted you could in theory change everything a lot of newbies think this (!) is hard but it's not if you know the structure it's actually a trivial task which can even be done by a program (that's what all these special tools do!) but it's insanely impractical and boring. If you don't know the file structure you can try to have a guess (that's the part thats actually hard and requires a lot of experience) if you're not sure you change something and see what happens.

Years
  • actually it's not. the basic idea it that you edit the raw data file how it's stored in a file every byte is represented by it's HEX value. IF you know how the file is interpreted you could in theory change everything a lot of newbies think this (!) is hard but it's not if you know the structure it's actually a trivial task which can even be done by a program (that's what all these special tools do!) but it's insanely impractical and boring. If you don't know the file structure you can try to have a guess (that's the part thats actually hard and requires a lot of experience) if you're not sure you change something and see what happens.

huh,what do you mean?????

Do you see why Virtual Chatot said that? Of course it isn't that hard to explain. But you're going to have to use, what we consider, simple terms that some people just aren't going to understand.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Do you see why Virtual Chatot said that? Of course it isn't that hard to explain. But you're going to have to use, what we consider, simple terms that some people just aren't going to understand.

Thanks for defending a statement I forgot I had said xD

Anyways, yeah...The common person isn't going to have any clue what the heck people are talking about.

Hex is easy to understand, if you know what Hex even is!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    Yeah i must admit i tend to overestimate what people know about basic CS. But at the same time if you don't know what hex is how can you do even basic table/relative search based text hacking which is about the most simple activiti you could consider as hacking? Just using some random and complete gui tool does not count as hacking.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    Before trying to make ordiscover a program to change diamond/pearl graphics why don't we figuire out how nintendo or should i say gamefreak did it theirselves. mybe asking them would be good but i doubt that theywill tell us.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Before trying to make ordiscover a program to change diamond/pearl graphics why don't we figuire out how nintendo or should i say gamefreak did it theirselves. mybe asking them would be good but i doubt that theywill tell us.

They took the Game Engine, and starting working with it...

It's not that complicated, and they would never tell us in the first place

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • Err... just in order to mention it - I hope you know whose statement you're dismoting, Virtual Chatot and thethethe. Personally I think that loading is one of these persons who really are allowed to talk about "Hex Editing" like he did. loading said nothing wrong, and I agree completely with him. There actually ARE to much simple SUPER BEST downloadmenow tools around here. The average hacker doesn't have a clue how to use a hexeditor - in some cases he hasn't even seen a byte neither he knows what it is. XD

and btw... "We're working on a Mapeditor for DP" - Don't be angry with me, but I think that nobody around here is competent enough to do that. Well... nobody but loading - so please think firstly and then post an answer. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    hey can some1 please tell me how to use poketex 11235 said she was was gonna post how to change characters but i couldnt find it so can some1 please please tell me how to use poketex or suggest a better program to change characters

or atleast tell me where 11235 posted howto use it

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    To change people's pokemon in diamond, it's hex editing.
    This is not the place for ruby.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Err... just in order to mention it - I hope you know whose statement you're dismoting, Virtual Chatot and thethethe. Personally I think that loading is one of these persons who really are allowed to talk about "Hex Editing" like he did. loading said nothing wrong, and I agree completely with him. There actually ARE to much simple SUPER BEST downloadmenow tools around here. The average hacker doesn't have a clue how to use a hexeditor - in some cases he hasn't even seen a byte neither he knows what it is. XD

and btw... "We're working on a Mapeditor for DP" - Don't be angry with me, but I think that nobody around here is competent enough to do that. Well... nobody but loading - so please think firstly and then post an answer. ^^

We weren't criticizing, I simply stated that HEX is complicated to explain, and the perfect example followed where Loading explained it, and Pokemon Learner had no clue what he was talking about. Truthfully, I don't care who Loading is, he obviously knows something about HEX, but theres a difference between sharing information and actually teaching people.

I find that bolded statement highly offensive. You're insulting me and alot of other programmers on this forum by making that statement. Saying that no one on here is competent enough to make DP hacking tools, you are obviously just throwing words together to support that website's agenda.

why don't you take the game engine and start from their then?
    ...Because that's harder to do than researching the Hex o_o;

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • I find that bolded statement highly offensive. You're insulting me and alot of other programmers on this forum by making that statement. Saying that no one on here is competent enough to make DP hacking tools, you are obviously just throwing words together to support that website's agenda.
    I don't think he is insulting programmers as such. I mean... I, for one, relying nearly completely on Guides/Tutorials. If it wasn't for them I'd be far too lazy to research how to do it. :)

Don't be angry with me, but I think that nobody around here is competent enough to do that. Well... nobody but loading - so please think firstly and then post an answer. ^^
    With all due respect, if I had a basic guide on how to map edit I could probably make a program with the basic things needed to Map Edit. I have no doubt in my mind it would take weeks, perhaps even months, to get it to a working state. But, I'm not sure if you're saying we couldn't, or we just don't.

I've completely forgot what I was talking about because I just started talking to someone on MSN... Umm... Yeah... Well, some of us Programmers could make DP Hacking tools, but a Map Editor is probably a little bit beyond any of us at the given time. :\ Unless we have ALOT of spare time, which I don't have.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    i think his point was that noone even has an idea on how to interpret these files and that's not going to change unless a skilled programmer with some experience in reversing and 3d starts working on this. belive me it's almost impossible fuigure out these files with a hexeditor alone there will not be any documentation without a tool.
    with proper specs it would not be so hard to write something like a viewer. however even then an editor will be hard or at least take a long time unless you do some 3dsmax conversion or so.

the whole "we're working on maps" sounded kind of arrogant. It's not that easy this time! Don't claim to be working on that if you have absulutely no clue how 3d programming and datastructures work (and i'd bet that's more than 90% of the people in this thread).

In case you really want to work on it read the chapter on "DS 3D Video" in GBATEK. Especially the part about DisplayLists and FIFO and have a look at the pointer mess in the 3d files.

Raimu Bito

Raimu Bito -- Facing erasure
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    .NARC files. How do I open them? I extracted them in NarcTool.EXE without arguments, and all that occurs is a folder with the original NARCs name, but it changes like this:
    name.1, name.2 name.3 name.4 name.5
    Do I open these in PokeDSPic?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    i was wondering the same thing, i posted a thread about this but i guess a moderator didn't approve it.

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • Okay, listen up everybody! I never said that you wouldn't be able to programme DP tools, of course, but I still claim that you aren't able to interprete the map files. Sure, if the structure of the DP map files was documented it wouldn't be a problem to create the mapeditor (at least for me it wouldn't) but you all are talking about "the mapeditor" as if it was only a matter of time until you could interprete the mapdata.
    Well, okay, I don't have to comment the other "I don't care who loading is" thingy. Maybe you should check his homepage to get further information...

Raimu Bito

Raimu Bito -- Facing erasure
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    Alright, guys. Made a discovery! PokeDSPic only indexed the contents of certain .NARC files from the .NDS file, so listen up! I'll list them.
    -Data\poketool\Trga\ all contents.
    -Data\poketool\pokegra\Pokegra.
    You can put Ash in diamond and pearl with this!
    BWahahhaha!
    Hoping this helps,
    MattChar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back