• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceTrainerLandon

Shiny Ace
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    Mkay so I saved before making my chansey evolve into blissey. chansey has natural gift and i want blissey to have natural gift as well.

so after it evolved, it had serene grace, so im just restarting and lvling until it gets natural gift, now its been serene grace a lot of the times, so my question is:

Will this method work? Is the evolution ability already set from the beginning?

and is there a way i can change its ability beforehand? (ex: making chansey evolve at a later level)

thanks!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I didn't even know that Pokemon can change abilities through evolution. x_o I thought that if the evolutionary form has the same ability possibilities as the pre-evolutionary form, then when they evolve the ability always stays the same.

But yeah, it should work.

Oh, and the ability is Natural Cure.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Not sure where to put this, but this seemed the most appropriate spot.

I just got a Salamance over Wi-Fi, Japanese, in a Cherish Ball. I looked up events on Serebii, and the id number matches the event Salamance, so what I'm asking is if someone would help me check if it is legit? Cheers, celuthea

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Not sure where to put this, but this seemed the most appropriate spot.

I just got a Salamance over Wi-Fi, Japanese, in a Cherish Ball. I looked up events on Serebii, and the id number matches the event Salamance, so what I'm asking is if someone would help me check if it is legit? Cheers, celuthea

It's more than likely a Saikyou Salamence. But here's some pictures along with Data to compare.

Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Strongest
    Ball: Cherish Ball
    Level: 50
    OT: さいきょう
    ID: 02158
    Nature: Naughty
    Date: February 15, 2008- March 14, 2008
    Held Item: Dragon Fang

But you'll need to post the stats of the Salamence to ensure that the stats are within legitimate range.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Hi, thanks for the reply ^^ It's stats are:

HP: 161
    Attack: 155
    Defense: 90
    Sp. Atk: 129
    Sp. Def: 82
    Speed: 105

Moveset:
    Hydro Pump/Stone Edge/Fire Blast/Dragon Claw

It's looks okay, but I'd just like to confirm it's legitimacy.

Years
    maybe this is in the wrong place. It's more of a ranch question.
    Anyway...
    If you finish your Sinnoh dex before Hayley offers all her trade pokes will she still give you wanted pokes to go catch? I'm close to finishing the sinnoh dex but I want all Hayley Pokemon. Am I making any sense?

I only have diamond so if she starts asking for gen III pokes I'm screwed.

Years
    She's the rancher in My Pokemon Ranch, the Wii Ware title that lets you store pokemon on your Wii (instead of boxes).
    If you fill up the ranch with enough pokemon and obtain the pokemon she asks you to, she offers to trade with you. Her pokes are sometimes considered event pokemon because the may have special abilities and whatnot. Eventually she offers a Phione and a Mew.

But her "quests" are dependent on your pokedex, and since mine is almost done, I don't know if she's going to keep asking for stuff...

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    She asks for Pokemon you haven't caught until you catch all the Pokemon in the National Dex, then I think what she asks for is random. So if you've caught (or are about to catch) all the Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex, she'll probably move onto the National Dex Pokemon.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
    I have a minor question:

What will happen when my game time reaches 999:99 ??

I'm around 610 hours on Diamond now... I still have quite a ways to go, but, uh....

What will happen when I get there? Will anything go wrong?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I have a minor question:

What will happen when my game time reaches 999:99 ??

I'm around 610 hours on Diamond now... I still have quite a ways to go, but, uh....

What will happen when I get there? Will anything go wrong?

When the game reaches 999:59, nothing happens. The time just will stop increasing and remains at 999:59.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    trainer card stars!?

Okay I can't find my answer anywhere in the game and faqs above, so can anyone tell me what are the missions to get those stars on your trainer card in pearl or diamond version. I only have 2 stars and I know there is more to get. Help!?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back