• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    You are on a forum with a bustling trade center, I'm sure you'll be able to find someone willing to trade something for their master ball.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    For catching Cresselia, try getting a Smeargle with:

Mean Look
    Swords Dance
    False Swipe
    Spore

After it's down to 1HP and asleep, you can send in Wobbuffett and toss Quick Balls or Dusk Balls.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Alright, so I heard that if you give the mother of a pair of Pokemon an Everstone, she has a 50% chance of passing her nature to her offspring.
    This seemed to work while I bred Snorlax, as I got 4 Careful Snorlax in a row. =3
    Now, I have a Modest Gastly with an Everstone on her breeding with a Ditto. I've hatched 8 eggs, and none of them have been Modest. =/
    So, did the Ditto negate this, or was I just plain lucky with the Snorlax? (Or unlucky with the Gastly) Help!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ditto needs to be the "female" in breeding, so get a male modest timid ghastly, attatch the everstone to ditto and then breed for IVs.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Ditto needs to be the "female" in breeding, so get a male modest timid ghastly, attatch the everstone to ditto and then breed for IVs.

Wait, doesn't he want the Ditto to have a Timid Nature. If the Ditto acts as the female, then the Ditto would be the one passing its nature down, not the Gastly.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    help with wifi

im waiting for a friend in wifi and were trading andi dont know what to do after pressing trade and i really need help

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    I"ve been trying to get a relaxed bronzor for so long. Is there can way I can increase the odds of this happening at all? I've currently tried breeding, but have almost a full box full of bronzors.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I"ve been trying to get a relaxed bronzor for so long. Is there can way I can increase the odds of this happening at all? I've currently tried breeding, but have almost a full box full of bronzors.

Instead of breeding, first find a pokemon with the ability Synchronize (Espeon/Umbreon, Ralts, Natu, Abra, Mew). Make sure they have a Relaxed nature, and then go to wherever you can catch a lot of Bronzor (Wayward Cave, Route 206). Put the psychic pokemon in the front of the party, and there's a 50% chance the wild Bronzor will be Relaxed. Once you catch some, then give it Everstone and breed it to get more Relaxed Bronzor. I think that would be easier than randomly hatching 20 or so eggs. You can also try catching a Relaxed Ditto (caught on route 218, must use Pokeradar item). Give it everstone, and breed with a Bronzor/zong to get Relaxed Bronzor babies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Yet another stupid question from Kev XY!

Is it possible to have 2-on-2 Tag Team Battles in D/P/P? Just like the ones in R/S/E and FR/LG (i think), where two people can have a double battle against another two people?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Yet another stupid question from Kev XY!

Is it possible to have 2-on-2 Tag Team Battles in D/P/P? Just like the ones in R/S/E and FR/LG (i think), where two people can have a double battle against another two people?

There are several opportunities in D/P/P where you'll find someone who's lost and they'll team up with you until you find your way out. When you team up with someone, every trainer you battle will be paired up with another trainer in a double battle. Also, wild Pokemon you encounter will be paired with another wild Pokemon as well (excellent for Shiny hunting). Once you find the exit, you and your partner split up. If I recall, you can also use this feature in the Battle Tower with a friend over the Wireless function. Or if you don't have someone to play with, a person you paired up with in-game can compete with you in the Battle Tower.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    There are several opportunities in D/P/P where you'll find someone who's lost and they'll team up with you until you find your way out. When you team up with someone, every trainer you battle will be paired up with another trainer in a double battle. Also, wild Pokemon you encounter will be paired with another wild Pokemon as well (excellent for Shiny hunting). Once you find the exit, you and your partner split up. If I recall, you can also use this feature in the Battle Tower with a friend over the Wireless function. Or if you don't have someone to play with, a person you paired up with in-game can compete with you in the Battle Tower.

I already knew all of that...

What I meant was, can you do double battles with your friends over Wifi? As in, battle with four friends at once.
    Nevermind though, I already found out that you can't. *shrugs*

Years
    you can only MULTILAYER 2vs.2 in DPP bye going to the lady in the far right in the top of the pokemon Center but you gotta have 3 friends also i do at school most of the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back