• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shem

Bored...
Years
  • And how would it be hacked if it was from Hoenn? :/
    The Aurora Ticket was available to English Emerald version players.

Btw, Darkrai, you're going to need to give more information than that if you want a more thorough check :-)

Everything else about it is looks legit, i just didnt think that it was possible to get a lvl 30 deoxys.
    I have another question now, and im not 100 percent sure if theres a thread for it but, where can i ev train for special dfense, because im ev training a fire pokemon and mantyke, tentacruel, and tentacool wont go over so well
    And whats the equation for checking the ivs and evs on a pokemon, i saw it on serebei but thats sites so huge ill never find it again

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
  • Everything else about it is looks legit, i just didnt think that it was possible to get a lvl 30 deoxys.

If it is English and arrived from hoenn then it is hacked. The reason being that all Aurora Ticket deoxys events (which are the level 30 ones) occurred before Emerald was released in North America and Europe and the event was not available to Ruby and Sapphire.

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Alright, I'm sick and tired of hearing about this in many places regarding NOK Manaphy and would like some answers.

1) Are NOK Manaphy outside of Korean games legit? In fact, any Korean Pokemon?
    2) People keep saying Korean games can't trade with other game packs. How does anyone prove this? You can easily say it doesn't work, but actions speak louder than words, so PROVE IT! On the Nintendo of Korea Site, I saw an image of one Korean game trading to a Japanese game via Wi-fi, not Union Room (I think those were Japanese Kanji characters, NOTICE I SAID I THINK!!! since I know Japanese Kanji and Chinese characters share similarity and very fluent in Chinese). In that case, doesn't that prove the trading between different language packs is possible? Although a US one may not be able to trade directly to a Korean one, it can first be traded to a Japanese cartridge, and then to a US cartridge.
    3) Does NOK Manaphy have Heart Swap when it is obtained? because someone told me it does, yet mine doesn't have it and has the same information as hundreds of NOK Manaphy up for trade on this forum and other forums. (Hardy Nature, Strong Willed, 13/7/7/7/7/7)
    4) Platinum is rumored to have this language pack fix so that Korean pokemon can be traded (assuming question 2 is true), if that's the case, once it is traded to let's say an English Platinum, wouldn't it appear the same as it did on a English Diamond and Pearl then?

My other question is, is it possible for any egg received in Diamond and Pearl (aside the Manaphy eggs from Pokemon Ranger) to say "Egg Obtained" rather than "Egg Received." Are those that say anything besides "Egg Received" or "Egg Arrived" hacked, including "Egg Obtained"? Or is it possible the egg could originally be from a foreign game pack (most likely UK at the most since the pokemon name is in English)? Please someone let me know!!!

Last edited:

IMtheMACHAMP

Im A POKEMON PHENOM
    Years
  • Im just starting out new to Pearl and i wanna trade for some good pokemon i can not find.. any one wanna help out?

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    Are my team ready to challenge the elite four? ( 2nd time )

Empoleon lvl 86
    Staraptor lvl 58
    Roserade lvl 55
    Lucario lvl 33
    Gastrodon lvl 41
    Diagla lvl 62

I've already beaten them once , but that was with a lot of ethers.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Are my team ready to challenge the elite four? ( 2nd time )

Empoleon lvl 86
    Staraptor lvl 58
    Roserade lvl 55
    Lucario lvl 33
    Gastrodon lvl 41
    Diagla lvl 62

I've already beaten them once , but that was with a lot of ethers.

Uh, if you have already beaten the Elite Four, and are using the same Pokémon, why should it be different the second time around? Unless you don't want to use items, then I'd suggest leveling up the low level Pokémon first. But I don't know why you wouldn't want to not use items in the first place? But if so, you'd increase the chance of using less items if you planned your Pokémon lineup before a battle.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • If it is English and arrived from hoenn then it is hacked. The reason being that all Aurora Ticket deoxys events (which are the level 30 ones) occurred before Emerald was released in North America and Europe and the event was not available to Ruby and Sapphire.

im getting two sides of the story now, one person says emerald was out, another says it wasn't. Wich ones true?

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
  • im getting two sides of the story now, one person says emerald was out, another says it wasn't. Wich ones true?

Well on wikipedia it says it was released on May 1st 2005 in North America, and on all the info for the Aurora Ticket events are these:

POKEMON ROCKS AMERICA 2004
    POKEMON CENTER NEW YORK - October 23, 24, 30 & 31 (2004) ONLY
    As you can see the American events occurred before the release of Emerald. I do not include the European dates as they are not accurate. So unless you got it from Europe, its a hack.

Years
  • legit???

Im just starting out new to Pearl and i wanna trade for some good pokemon i can not find.. any one wanna help out?

:( no wifi... sorry. also you should be asking that in a trade forum.

okay, I have been thinking about this ever since I've unlocked Mystery Gift. if you can trade key items through the mystery gift you could possibly trade the azure flute from someone that did cheet, and get arceus without the incriminating action replay code. I know you wouldn't be able to use it until the release, but afterwards it would be kinda cool to show up at the event with a arceus alredy lv. 100. would it be traceable???

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    :( no wifi... sorry. also you should be asking that in a trade forum.

okay, I have been thinking about this ever since I've unlocked Mystery Gift. if you can trade key items through the mystery gift you could possibly trade the azure flute from someone that did cheet, and get arceus without the incriminating action replay code. I know you wouldn't be able to use it until the release, but afterwards it would be kinda cool to show up at the event with a arceus alredy lv. 100. would it be traceable???

Yes it would, because they would see the date is prior to the event. Since there is thus far no legitimate arceus you'd be branded a hacker there and then. Even if you dont have the AR coding on the game they would just assume you got it off of another cartridge or something. Hacking is bad kids ;)

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    It would seem my questions were skipped since they were the last post on the previous page. So here they are again:

Alright, I'm sick and tired of hearing about this in many places regarding NOK Manaphy and would like some answers.

1) Are NOK Manaphy outside of Korean games legit? In fact, any Korean Pokemon?
    2) People keep saying Korean games can't trade with other game packs. How does anyone prove this? You can easily say it doesn't work, but actions speak louder than words, so PROVE IT! On the Nintendo of Korea Site, I saw an image of one Korean game trading to a Japanese game via Wi-fi, not Union Room (I think those were Japanese Kanji characters, NOTICE I SAID I THINK!!! since I know Japanese Kanji and Chinese characters share similarity and very fluent in Chinese). In that case, doesn't that prove the trading between different language packs is possible? Although a US one may not be able to trade directly to a Korean one, it can first be traded to a Japanese cartridge, and then to a US cartridge.
    3) Does NOK Manaphy have Heart Swap when it is obtained? because someone told me it does, yet mine doesn't have it and has the same information as hundreds of NOK Manaphy up for trade on this forum and other forums. (Hardy Nature, Strong Willed, 13/7/7/7/7/7)
    4) Platinum is rumored to have this language pack fix so that Korean pokemon can be traded (assuming question 2 is true), if that's the case, once it is traded to let's say an English Platinum, wouldn't it appear the same as it did on a English Diamond and Pearl then?

My other question is, is it possible for any egg received in Diamond and Pearl (aside the Manaphy eggs from Pokemon Ranger) to say "Egg Obtained" rather than "Egg Received." Are those that say anything besides "Egg Received" or "Egg Arrived" hacked, including "Egg Obtained"? Or is it possible the egg could originally be from a foreign game pack (most likely UK at the most since the pokemon name is in English)? Please someone let me know!!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    im getting two sides of the story now, one person says emerald was out, another says it wasn't. Wich ones true?

There was an Event in Europe that happened around the release date of Emerald, here, so it would likely have been possible to obtain Deoxys for this version.
    Another way was to send your game pak to a Nintendo Service Centre to have it downloaded, which is how I got mine.

Therefore, English Birth Island Deoxys from Hoenn are possible, legitimately.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • when your using an expierience share, are the evs halved too?

As the item says, EVs are also shared through EXP Share. As in if the lead gains an EV, the pokemon with EXP Share also gains an EV in the same stat. But if the lead is holding a power item, only the lead gains extra EVs from the power item.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • but are they halved like the exp? If my lead fainted geodude. Would they both get 1 ev or would they both get half of an ev?

Years
  • VS seeker in Victory Road??

Why can't I use the VS seeker in here?

Or am I doing something wrong.....

/n00b question

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Doesn't vs seeker only work outdoors?
    I'm not sure though...

You'd be right, which is the reason you also cannot challenge the Gym Leaders, again. My guess is they stopped it within caves and buildings, so as to stop people from challenging Gym Leaders more than once, while they'll likely do what they did with Emerald, and allow you to challenge them, again... sometime or another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back