• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
  • what level does nosepass need to be to evolve and where can you catch a dratini in Diamond
    Nosepass evolves at any level, you just need to level it up in Mt. Coronet.

And Dratini is caught in Mt. Coronet, in an area behind one of the waterfalls IIRC.

ranger of almia

I herd u liek kipz of mudz.
    Years
  • Uh could somebody explain to this n00b (that would be me) what ou uu and all the rest of wi fi rule lingo means please.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Uh could somebody explain to this n00b (that would be me) what ou uu and all the rest of wi fi rule lingo means please.
    The metagame divides Pokemon up into different categories depending on their strength. OU stands for Overused and UU stands for Underused. You can find the full list of tiers here.

And assuming you mean clauses, I wrote something up a while ago about them. Here, take a look:

-----------------
    Battling is fun, but you have always got to play fair. Certain advantages that the opponent may have might not be as fair. This is why there are Battle Clauses. Battle Clauses are rules that you must abide to to battle. Of course, there are numerous clauses and you don't have to turn every clause on. Just make sure you and your opponent agree on which clauses to follow before the battle begins. The following list consists of the clauses and the description of the clauses:

Evasion Clause - This clause prohibits the use of any moves solely used to alter a Pokemon's accuracy or evasion. This means that all moves like Double Team and Sand-Attack will be banned. However, if an offensive move has a side effect of tampering with the opponent's accuracy / evasion, then it may still be used (e.g. Mud Slap is still allowed).
    Freeze Clause - This clause prohibits when two or more Pokemon are frozen at once on the same team. Please note, that if a frozen Pokemon faints when it was frozen, you are able to freeze another Pokemon.
    Sleep Clause - Similar to the Freeze Clause, the Sleep Clause prohibits when two or more Pokemon on the same team are frozen at the same time. Please note, that if a sleeping Pokemon faints when it was sleeping, you are able to induce sleep to another Pokemon. Note, that if the user induces sleep to itself (such as using Rest), it does NOT count as a true sleeping Pokemon, thus making it possible to have more than one Pokemon asleep on the same team at the same time.
    Species Clause - Though rarely violated, this clause prohibits the use of two or more Pokemon of the same species to be put on the same team. For example, when this clause is in effect, two Garchomps are not allowed to be on the same team.
    Items Clause - This clause prohibits when two or more Pokemon are holding the same exact item on the same team. This excludes the use of Trick, Thief, Covet, Recycle, or any other moves that deal with the altering of one's held item.
    -------------------------
    Pretty sure there's others; the guide is worded for a website that I haven't gotten around to yet.

Kevo182

Hero of Hyrule
    Years
  • help :/
    im evolving my nincada, but a shedinja isnt appearing in my party
    (i have an extra slot in my party so its not that.)

darthjp

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Hi, i'm new here but i have a question, where does the event's list went?? the one that said "updated pokemons event list - PLEASE READ BEFORE TRADING EVENTS" the adress i had now says it doesn't exist and i can't find it searching the forums, the only one i found is the one for upcoming events, not for the ones that already existed. Thanks and sorry for the noob question.

Years
  • got one of each
    poke, great, and ultra
    the nincada was caught in an ultra ball if that makes any difference,
    Then it should make you a Ninjask and Shedinja...
    Hi, i'm new here but i have a question, where does the event's list went?? the one that said "updated pokemons event list - PLEASE READ BEFORE TRADING EVENTS" the adress i had now says it doesn't exist and i can't find it searching the forums, the only one i found is the one for upcoming events, not for the ones that already existed. Thanks and sorry for the noob question.
    Um...
    It's one of the stickied announcement threads.

Kevo182

Hero of Hyrule
    Years
  • Hi, i'm new here but i have a question, where does the event's list went?? the one that said "updated pokemons event list - PLEASE READ BEFORE TRADING EVENTS" the adress i had now says it doesn't exist and i can't find it searching the forums, the only one i found is the one for upcoming events, not for the ones that already existed. Thanks and sorry for the noob question.
    wheres the upcoming event list?

CombatArmsWarrior

A new Year is about to begin..
    Years
  • Another question....

Hi, It's me again. I have another question though. When u battle a 7 time winning steak, Does the battle streak end? I mean to say that if U beaten the battle tower 100 times, do u stop and if u don't stop Then how many battle streaks r there in all? I got a star In the trainer card for beaten the battle tower 100 times in a row.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back