• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
  • Is there a Trainer in Pokemon Pearl who as a Drifloon? I don't want to change my DS to Friday.

Since people misunderstood and never totally answered your question:

Answer A: Yes, there is.
    Answer B: If you have more than 5 badges, No There isn't.

The only trainer in the game that owns a Drifloon is one of Fantina's Junior Trainers that most people skip due to it's the one where you answer trivia questions.

If you're already passed that point, unfortunately, you must wait until friday.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Pretty random question, but i got to know,

I obtained this Electivire from Battle Revolution and put it on my DS game.
    It's Adamant Level 50, does it still got all of his EV points or not???

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Question: For the Drifloon event, If i change my DS calender, will the game know it really isnt a friday?
    Sometimes...I think though that it doesnt work with the berries and the swarm pokemon but i think that the drifloon is ok

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Is this Pokemon legit?

Species: Shuckle
    Nickname: None
    OT: SETH
    ID: 14417
    Nature: Bold
    Arrived from Hoenn @lv100.
    Personality: Somewhat vain.
    HP: 244 ATK: 22 DEF: 556
    SPATK: 31 SPDEF: 550 SPD: 29
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Rest, Encore, Toxic, Stealth Rock
    Ball: Safari
    Ribbons: None

The stats are at least possible, but it is honestly difficult to say for certain without the EV spread.

Pretty random question, but i got to know,

I obtained this Electivire from Battle Revolution and put it on my DS game.
    It's Adamant Level 50, does it still got all of his EV points or not???

Event Pokemon are given at a preset level without any training applied to them. So, no, it has no EVs.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Click here and go to the pokemon's 'Dex entry. Under location it also details if the poke only appears at a specific time.

Choice Items raise their respective stats one stage, or 50%. Download checks which of your opponents defences are inferior and gives you a boost to that respective attack stat So attacking a poke with low defence raises your attack stat, and vice versa.

It's entirely relative, but the GTS has made almost every poke so accessible that starters don't retain rarity anymore. You may be able to ask for something common you're missing out of your national dex, but unless you get a shiny/IV'd one it's just another generic poke that anyone can get for anything over wifi.

Thanks that helps a lot in my battling choices.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    Is there anyway to change a traded Pokemon's nickname?

I traded a Machop for an Abra in some house on Pearl and it's nickname is "Kazza". I've been to the name rater guy and he just says it's a good nickname and whatnot. Is there anyway I can change it? because I have an Alakazam now and the name "Kazza" is really annoying me lol.

Epic702

Epic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    Yeah i think that sucks too, we should be able to remove that dumb nick names!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Yeah you have to be the OT. That's why I try to make sure I'm the OT of all my pokemon so I can nickname them if I want. If I'm not, I make sure that pokemon is breedable, then I'll let the pokemon I got in a trade go or trade it for something else, while I am the OT of the newborn.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Or breed from the Abra u got in the trade.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • What is considered a rare pokemon?

That's a personal opinion, but usually these are considered valuable for trading:

Shiny pokemon
    Event pokemon
    IV Bred Pokemon
    EV trained pokemon

If you meant something in-game as "rare" then it would be starters, legendaries, and uncommon pokemon like Eevee or Dratini..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back