• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • JIRACHI
    OT=CHANNEL
    ID=40122
    EXP POINTS=156
    DOCILE NATURE
    OCT 28,2007
    HENN
    ARRIVED AT LV.5
    HP 25
    ATK 16
    DEF 16
    SP ATK 16
    SP DEF 15
    SPEED 15
    SERENE GRACE
    MOVESETS:wish,confusion,rest
    IN POKEBALL

MEW

IN CHERISH BALL
    OT=Hayley
    id=01000
    exp points=117360
    HAST NATURE
    DEC.31,2008
    LOVELY PLACE
    APPARENTLY HAD A
    FATEFUL ENCOUNTER AT LV.50
    HP 171
    ATK 110
    DEF 101
    SP ATK 119
    SP DEF 109
    SPEED 122
    SYNCHRONIZE
    MOVESETS:SYNTHESIS,RETURN,HYPNOSIS,TELEPORT

is this legit?

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • I recently set up wifi connection on my DS but Im not sure how to play other players online. Do you HAVE to have their friend codes or is there a way to join a room to fight other players?

Please leave some answers.
    Yes you have to exchange Friend Codes if you want to battle/trade via Wi-Fi.

I have a question! (I don't know if anyone has already asked this though, I'm too lazy to read it all :< )

I'm trying to catch all the pokémon in my pearl, so, I really need to get my hands on a "dragon scale", "deepseascale", "deepseatooth", "electrizer" and "magmarizer". In other words; I need items you must snatch from another pokémon.

Now to my question;
    If I go into a battle with, let's say a Seadra, does it say if he's carrying any Dragon scale or do I need to try to take something from him without knowing if I'm gonna get it or not? Or, do I need to catch him to get what I want?

Sorry, I'm not good at explaining but I hope you got what I meant. ^^;;
    Thanks!

The only way you can find out if a Pokémon is holding something is if you send out a Shuppet, Banette or Stantler with the ability Frisk. It tells you what the opponent's holding.

Otherwise you can either catch it to find out if it had something or use Covet/Thieft.

Also, if the first Pokémon in your party has the ability Compoundeyes (Butterfree, Venonat, Yanma, Nincada) the chance that the wild Pokémon's holding something raises. Not sure by how much, but I think it's something around 10%. Oh, and it doesn't matter if the Pokémon with Compoundeyes is fainted or not, it just needs to be the first in your party.

Last edited:

Sirrush

Bringer of Chaos
    Years
  • k this might sound like a noob question lol, i only got my diamond this x-mas so am new to it all. now when completing the national dex do i have to catch them all or do i just have to see them like with the sinnoh dex?

also howto i get variousthingsliek mew and the others :s i know to find them with the GTS i have to have at least seen them but seeing them over awifi battle doesnot work right? so i would therefor have to get someone to trade me one via wifi trading?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • also how do i get various things like mew and the others. I know to find them with the GTS i have to have at least seen them but seeing them over a wifi battle does not work right? so i would therefore have to get someone to trade me one via wifi trading?
    yes that's correct, in order to get any pokémon over the GTS you must have seen it, and WiFi battles do not count. However you do not need to see Mew, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Jirachi, Deoxys, or Celebi to complete the National dex.

For giratina and Shaymin, are they events ? or just legendaries?
    Giratina is just a legendary, Shaymin is both Legendary and Event only.

Years
  • JIRACHI
    OT=CHANNEL
    ID=40122
    EXP POINTS=156
    DOCILE NATURE
    OCT 28,2007
    HENN
    ARRIVED AT LV.5
    HP 25
    ATK 16
    DEF 16
    SP ATK 16
    SP DEF 15
    SPEED 15
    SERENE GRACE
    MOVESETS:wish,confusion,rest
    IN POKEBALL

MEW

IN CHERISH BALL
    OT=Hayley
    id=01000
    exp points=117360
    HAST NATURE
    DEC.31,2008
    LOVELY PLACE
    APPARENTLY HAD A
    FATEFUL ENCOUNTER AT LV.50
    HP 171
    ATK 110
    DEF 101
    SP ATK 119
    SP DEF 109
    SPEED 122
    SYNCHRONIZE
    MOVESETS:SYNTHESIS,RETURN,HYPNOSIS,TELEPORT

is this legit?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    so for shaymin, the sky form is the event
    and the normal form is the legendaries or what?
    i dont get it?

Shaymin in general are only available through an event or using an event item. Sky Forme specifically is version-exclusive and thus far the item needed can only be obtained with an event Shaymin, so Sky Forme itself could be classified as a sort of event. Does that help?

Beckie

Thunder!
    Years
  • The only way you can find out if a Pokémon is holding something is if you send out a Shuppet, Banette or Stantler with the ability Frisk. It tells you what the opponent's holding.

Otherwise you can either catch it to find out if it had something or use Covet/Thieft.

Also, if the first Pokémon in your party has the ability Compoundeyes (Butterfree, Venonat, Yanma, Nincada) the chance that the wild Pokémon's holding something raises. Not sure by how much, but I think it's something around 10%. Oh, and it doesn't matter if the Pokémon with Compoundeyes is fainted or not, it just needs to be the first in your party.

Thank you so much n__n I try it out tonight already :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Honey Trees

Is it true that if the honey tree is shaking it is a rare pokemon? Just wondering, cuz I don't know if it is true...

If it is, then that'd be great!

Zoaea

Critter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2009
    What is gooey mulch for... It says something about withered trees, but I have never seen a tree wither?? If you leave a tree sitting too long do berries fall off till it dies?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back