• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    What?

You can chain every pokémon in tall grass, it doesn't need to be a swarm.
    If you meant to ask what's the easiest Pokémon to chain though, it's personal preference really.. I think the easiest are most of the swarms (except Swinub) and pretty much every Electric/Steel type (most notably Shinx and Magnemite), if the first Pokémon in your party has Static (attracts Electric types) or Magnet Pull (attracts Steel types). Bidoof is pretty easy to chain too, and route 222 is just wonderful because the grass patch there is huge.

Thanks, and what I meant was what do you do after you catch heatran?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Sinnoh Champ Cynthia.
    Well, catch the other legendaries, try out the Battle Tower, breed or train new pokemon, etc?

Capturing Heatran triggers one important event: Stronger VS Seeker Trainers. Now, a lot of the trainers' pokemon will reach levels 50-60.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Heres a quick question which of these are the best for my Specialattacker Lucario:

Shadowball
    or Dark pulse?

They have the same PP att power and are both strong against Ghost and psychic but shadowball may lower opponents spdf while dark pulse may cause a flinch, so which one?
    I want your opinion on which to use, it is for the battle tower

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    I'm trying to catch a Munchlax. Do certain trees have a higher chance of having one? Also, would adding more than 1 Honey increase the chances?

I've been going to about 7 or 8 trees the past few days and adding honey, finding the pokemon, and add more honey after. I've found everything but Munchlax.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    I'm trying to catch a Munchlax. Do certain trees have a higher chance of having one? Also, would adding more than 1 Honey increase the chances?

I've been going to about 7 or 8 trees the past few days and adding honey, finding the pokemon, and add more honey after. I've found everything but Munchlax.
    Munchlax can only be found on the tree infront of Fuego Ironworks and is also the rarest Pokémon you can get from a tree. Putting more honey on the tree won't increase the chances (which is a little strange, knowing Munchlax's personality).

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Heres a quick question which of these are the best for my Specialattacker Lucario:

Shadowball
    or Dark pulse?

They have the same PP att power and are both strong against Ghost and psychic but shadowball may lower opponents spdf while dark pulse may cause a flinch, so which one?
    I want your opinion on which to use, it is for the battle tower

Shadow Ball is handier, sure the extra attack is nice but the SpDef drop against special tanks and walls is invaluable.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    I have another question or too.

My friend was wondering:
    If you did a trade and got Dialga/Palkia before you catch it, what happens?

And also:
    Does pachrisu(spelling) evolve?

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Hi all, I've heard there's some way of changing the icon that shows up when you trade (like, instead of the standard girl, you could be a beauty or a bug catcher etc). Where is it you can do this?

Cheers in advance, celuthea

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Hi all, I've heard there's some way of changing the icon that shows up when you trade (like, instead of the standard girl, you could be a beauty or a bug catcher etc). Where is it you can do this?

Cheers in advance, celuthea
    There's a Psychic trainer in the Oreburgh City Pokémon Center, she asks you what kind of trainer you are and then you pick one of the options she gives you. You'll become the one you pick.
    Every game has different options, so if there's nothing on the list that you like, there's nothing you can do about it, except restarting the game.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    When it transforms into the Pokemon, it adapts it's catch rate, so it becomes as hard as that Pokemon was to catch. Just take a Magikarp and let it transform into that. xD

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    They are like normal Pokémon, just with different colours and you can see sparkles around them when you let them out of the Pokéball. If you played G/S/C you probably remember the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage; that was a Shiny.
    Every species of Pokémon can be Shiny, even legends, starters, etc.

Sadly they are very rare. The chance that you'll find one is 1/8192.

Example; Normal Weavile - Shiny Weavile

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    I've just been searching about the wi-fi forums and came across a lot of abbreviations. I have no idea what any of them mean!

EV, IV (at first, i thought this was signifying generation4 but now i'm not so sure. (rhyme not intended)), UT and UU.

Please let me know what these mean and if there are any more i should know.
    (btw, people in wi-fi forums are chucking these abbreviations every sentence, so it seems like a huge noob question to me)

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    I've just been searching about the wi-fi forums and came across a lot of abbreviations. I have no idea what any of them mean!

EV, IV (at first, i thought this was signifying generation4 but now i'm not so sure. (rhyme not intended)), UT and UU.

Please let me know what these mean and if there are any more i should know.
    (btw, people in wi-fi forums are chucking these abbreviations every sentence, so it seems like a huge noob question to me)
    Don't worry, questions like that pop up often.

EV - Effort Values - Info
    IV - Individual Values - Info
    UT - UnTouched
    UU - UnderUsed

Untouched Pokémon are those that weren't trained.
    Underused is one of the batling tiers. The others are Borderline (BL), OverUsed (OU), NeverUsed (NU) and Uber.

It would take me forever to explain EV's and IV's, so I just gave you links to explainations. If you're not a serious competitive battler you don't really have to read it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back