• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen did anybody else cry at the part Bianca's dad showed up?

did you cry at the Bianca's worried dad scene

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 52 92.9%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    No not really. I was too busy laughing when Elesa mentioned she was the gym leader - and a model too. xD; Though I can't deny that the scene was not touching.

Though, Unwavering Emotions (the music playing during the scene) is simply an amazing piece of music.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    /giggles @ above post

Yeah I didn't cry :x It was unusual to put into the games imo - well, the way it was put together. Elesa isn't really that great of a role model and the fatherly involvement wasn't enhanced enough for it to actually make a difference to the players really.

Idk I would've liked if the story of her father not wanting her to leave was explored more rather than what Bianca wanted to be when she gets older.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • No I didn't cry. I kinda skimmed through that part, because I just wanted to get a move on to the next part of the story, soo yeah.

But as said above the music was pretty nice.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I didn't cry when Bianca's dad showed up at Nimbasa; instead, I was angry at him for stopping Bianca's journey at that point.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I didn't really have any kind of feeling at the scene. More or less, it was a bit obvious that he would let Bianca go out on her own to explore. Though I agree with Forever and would have liked to see the story of her father not letting her leave extend a bit. It could have built some kind of bond relationship in the game with the two. I guess if anything though, they could have left her thoughts on what she wanted to be to a third game and kept her place in this generation discovering many new facts about Pokémon, people and the region itself.

But otherwise, I didn't cry nor feel any extra special moment from that part of the game, though the music was enjoyable and fitting.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • At that point I was sick of seeing Bianca and Cheren so I really didn't overly care for the dialogue they were spouting off. So no I didn't have any emotion over it other then can I just have the option to skip this.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • I don't remember much of the scene, but I don't recall crying. ;;

I guess it was slightly touching? I didn't really care for it. >:

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I remember that part now that you mentioned it. I didn't cry. I just kept on pushing the button to try get to the next part LOL...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No, I didn't. At the time I was half paying attention to the game and the music I was listening to at the time just so happened to be... I think it was Bon Jovi. Or Taylor Dayne. One of the two.

I think I was more annoyed that these people are interrupting my journey for world domination Pokemon mastery yet AGAIN... Bianca and her family need to learn how to settle their domestic disturbances without dragging me into the fray.

Lightblind

For you never shut your eye ~
    Years
  • Dang it. Read to much into this topic. Now when I beat HG and start White, and get to this part, I'll probably be be cruelly amused as opposed to being sad right off the bat (if I ended up being).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Nope, didn't cry... and I honestly wasn't really moved by the scene either. Music felt overdone, the explanation felt a bit bare and hence the acceptance by Bianca's father seemed to come around too easily. That and as that subplot only came into the limelight for the 2nd time (the first being at the start of the game), I felt it just didn't get as much focus as it could have used to have had an actual impact.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Can't say that I did. There wasn't much explanation to it before to make it emotional when it happened, and nothing really did happen in the scene to make it really emotional. Instead, it came off as a random interruption when there were more important things to deal with in the storyline.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I didn't cry, and this moment wasn't very touching to me, actually. It was just a random side event that wasn't really needed. I mean, maybe if this was brought up more times during the story, I would've cared a little more, but still, wasn't very important for me.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Nope I didn't cry. The only time I cried during the game was when N left. ;w;
    ... Unwavering emotions is awesome tho, it's one of my favorite music tracks. :DDD

Back