• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you ditch your starter?

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
  • Aloha everyone. I remade the old thread about ditching your starter Pokemon, I think that was for HG and SS, and Bobandbill closed that thread. Here's a new thread, and this goes for all 4th Gen games.

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver.

I kept my Typhlosion in HG, he was a good starter and was a power house. He proved himself against Red, by OHKOing Red's Venusaur and Pikachu. He also put up a good fight against Snorlax, until he finally delivered the final blow with a powerful Eruption.

I like my Feraligatr in SS. He was interesting to use, and once again was excellent against Red. He was Level 66 at the time, but he handled Charizard and Snorlax quite well.

I don't think I could ditch my starter, atleast in HG and SS.

Post!

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • hey yo i dont know about u but i did not ditch my starter and i really would never want to so ya, did u ditch your starter?

Was this message to me? I've never ditched my starters, mainly because they turned out to be nice editions to my team. I only have HG and SS, so I don't know what the starters are like on Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I will pick Chikorita on my next SS playthrough, and see what he's like.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • ya same here (yes it was to u) and its for the same reason, in order to make it through the game and actually be successfull u need to keep ur starters

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2011
    In diamond I got an infernape and decided to ditch it just because I never had before than regretted it and went back and ended up training him.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I've never ditched my starter in any game. Mainly because they're all good Pokémon and you don't have to waste time catching them. And they make up some of my favourite Pokémon ever, especially in DPPt with Empoleon. Who also has one of the best typings ever.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • I've never ditched my starter in any game. Mainly because they're all good Pokémon and you don't have to waste time catching them. And they make up some of my favourite Pokémon ever, especially in DPPt with Empoleon. Who also has one of the best typings ever.
    Empoleon is defenitl one of my favorite pokemon starters but not my alltime favorite

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I think my all time favorite starter (out of all) is going to be Charmander. Because Charizard is one of my favorite Pokemon. It is actually in my dream team.

Dream team:
    Pikachu
    Dragonite
    Charizard
    Tyranitar
    Lapras
    Mew

NatureKeeper

Well I sent him to train in SoulSilver, then back to reach Lv100 in Diamond. Then I Poké Transferred it.

Years
  • I kept it until I was able to ev train it and breed it. So now I have most starters on my wifi team. And perfectly ev trained by me. Right now I'm working on getting Feraligator. :D

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • I think my all time favorite starter (out of all) is going to be Charmander. Because Charizard is one of my favorite Pokemon. It is actually in my dream team.

Dream team:
    Pikachu
    Dragonite
    Charizard
    Tyranitar
    Lapras
    Mew
    Picachu is the best pokemon ever i love picachu, i dont think pokemon would be the way it is now if it wernt for picachu i love that pokemon ;D

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
  • No I didn't ditch my starters... They're all good pokemons to me and I almost love all the starters...

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • while i usually make a point of never ditching my starter, Diamond was the first game in which i actually did. yeah, i ditched Prinplup..
    bah. that sounds so cruel.
    let's just say i boxed it until i decide i might need it again XD;
    seriously though, i replaced it for Slowking ~

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • In Soul silver I didn't ditch my starter, but in Platinum, I did.
    I wasn't really fond of my choice of starter in Platinum, so I replaced it with a different Pokemon instead.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I never ditched my starter in any of the games I played. They usually end up becoming the strongest Pokemon I have.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Platinum was the first time that I had ditched my starter before the postgame. I had to replace my Torterra with a Leafeon because I pretty much disliked everything about it (the design, stats, type). Even during the postgame, I rarely ditch my starter, but in Diamond I ditched Empoleon for a Milotic. I liked Empoleon's design, but it just didn't fit well with my team...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I never ditched my starter in a pokemon game as they usually have excellent stats and a great design. The gen IV and II starters are awesome, so I'll never ditch them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I remember ditching my Prinplup....it got replaced by both Floatzel and Shellos, as they were both pretty good in my Platinum team.

Back