• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you get Lucky Egg on your first playthrough?

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I used it on my first playthrough and did indeed obtain it. It was something I used more than the EXP Share, because I am the type who obsessively trains each Pokemon evenly and found the EXP Share messed things up by a lot. When a Pokemon is at a higher level than the rest (EX: 17 when everyone else is at 16), I put it to the back and do not use it until all the others are at that same level. I always used the lowest leveled ones, but since I used two traded Pokemon in my team, everything got messed up with the EXP Share. So I'd often switch to the front and have my non-traded ones holding the Egg.

I thought it was kinda nice how they made it easier to grind.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I didn't find it at first, but I looked at my brother's team in his game and saw it. I was astonished and asked him where he found it but he couldn't remember. So I looked it up and realized had JUST missed getting it. :P

Years
    Yes I did, I always talk to every single person as well haha but it's not in the hopes of getting something, I'm just interested in what they have to say lol :) I used the egg when I was at the stage where I was training up a Pokémon that had just hatched and the rest of my team were quite high levelled :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2014
    I'm also one of those people that talks to every NPC so I found it accidentally on my first run. Was very happy when I found that Gamefreak decided to just give us one.

ViperSpeeds

Espada
    Years
    I have found it, early in the game, and been using it ever since. Looking to have my party Pokémon holding Lucky Eggs, to make my job a lot easier lol. Does anybody have a FS with Chansey?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yes, I got it from the blonde girl and used it every battle after. I would normally give it to my weakest Pokemon to boost his stats, or my highest levels Pokemon to prepare him for an upcoming Gym Battle. The Lucky Egg and the Amulet Coin are two of my favorite in-game items!

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Yep. I literally talked to everyone in-game on my first playthrough, so I didn't miss anything lol

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't think I did. I kind of whizzed through XY on my first playthrough once I quit my goal of catching everything in each route before moving on. EXP wasn't really much of a problem, though, as the EXP Share helped a lot this gen. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I guess one of my Pokemon in my party (particularly my Meganium) was friendly, so the girl at the hotel gave it to me. I didn't know why but it was probably because I talked to everyone. I should use it though...it's sitting collecting dust.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I spoke to the woman during my story playthrough, but I guess none of my Pokémon liked me, because I didn't receive it! My boyfriend gave me one, because he has access to a Friend Safari with Chansey. Then I later found out that you receive one by having a friendly Pokémon with you, so I went back long after I completed the game and got it.

It's no problem, though, because the Exp. Share coupled with Amie bonuses made me not really realize I didn't have a Lucky Egg, ha ha!

Back