• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use a Grass Type on your team?

Did you use a Grass Type?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 72.1%
  • No!

Votes: 43 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I used Torterra in Pearl as it's my favourite of the three starters. I hadn't used a grass-type starter before that (well, I had a Bulbasaur that I got from my sister in FireRed but Charmander was my main). Anyway, I really found him useful and even decided to go for another grass-type when I got SoulSilver. I think grass-type Pokémon can be really useful at times and usually they have pretty cool designs. I've recently started to use a Tangrowth at the end of my playthrough and I think it's quite cool. If I start a new game, I'm probably include it in my team.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Torterra was my starter so yeah, I obviously uses Grass type but even in other games, I think I always had Grass type in my team, even competitive teams.

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
    Years
    I don't know - I find it hard to make a team sometimes ... you want fire/water/grass/electric/rock/summink but it's never that simple really. And it gets a bit boring. I do find grass is one of the first ones I drop as most of the stuff its good against is covered by water types which tend to have useful things like surf.

The Ice Type

HUGE Girlpowershipper <3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    I've used a number of Grass-types. Doesn't hurt that I also picked Turtwig as my starter.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    No not in Diamond. Not because of the type, but because i pick my fav pokemon. In Platinum I chose Turtwig.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
    Tropius is actually a Gen. III Pokemon. My grass type of choice on my Emerald version.

On my Pearl version I used Tangrowth which I traded over from SoulSilver because none of the grass-types in the Sinnoh Pokedex fit my needs. :/

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Roserade has saved my team from annihilation so many times I now make it a point to capture a Budew so I can have a fire type (Infernape) a water type (Floatzel) electric type (Luxray) and a flying type (Staraptor)

that's my Platinum team, every time I play
    all I need is five

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I do in Diamond and in Pearl--but not in Platinum. I use Torterra in Diamond. And Cherrim in Pearl. I mainly use Grass types for the Cut-Hm.

Years
    Yes, I used Roserade 'cos its Special Attack stat is awesome, making its Magical Leaf really hit hard. I mainly use Grass-types to easily knock out Pokemon like Quagsire and Graveler etc.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Actually, 3 Pokemon on my team were Grass types. Shows how much I love them. :D
    They were Torterra, Roserade, and Abomasnow. All great members of my team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back