• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you want a Remake or a Brand New Game? (Edit: Confirmed as remakes!)

What did you want Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to be?

• Total voters

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
  • Guys serebii just updated.

" During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire."

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • ... and now I'm disappointed.
    These games better have tons of new content in addition to the standard R/S material to justify the purchase.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I dont know but I kinda like remakes with a little twist or maybe even sequels. I dont even know haha but atleast we are revisiting Hoenn again and thats fun :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Following its reveal yesterday, there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. We'll bring more on these games as it comes"

#HoennConfirmed n_n

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'm hoping for this to be a remake of RSE, but yet a completely new game altogether with new and improved graphics as well as perhaps a new storyline, towns, protagonists, rivals, etc. etc. I can't say much for now but wait and see how it turns out. Setting my expectations up high!

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I'm hoping for this to be a remake of RSE, but yet a completely new game altogether with new and improved graphics as well as perhaps a new storyline, towns, protagonists, rivals, etc. etc. I can't say much for now but wait and see how it turns out. Setting my expectations up high!

I'm not sure your post makes sense... if it is a completely new game altogether with a new storyline, a new protagonist and a new rival, how can it be a remake at the same time? Either it's a new game or it's not.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'm not sure your post makes sense... if it is a completely new game altogether with a new storyline, a new protagonist and a new rival, how can it be a remake at the same time? Either it's a new game or it's not.

What I meant by a remake but at the same time a new game is perhaps it could have the same structure, for lack of a better word, as RSE with added content and the newer features of the recent generations. Something like GSC and HGSS, if that makes sense. There is a difference between GSC and HGSS in terms of gameplay and such, but it's still also a remake.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I wouldn't say a straight-up remake, but a reimagining is more what I'd say it sounds like these games are going to be.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    i havent read the entire thread so i apologise if i repeat something that has already been said, i am leaning to it being a sequel mainly to explain how mega evolutions are a thing because there has to be some kind of timeline to the games but to play devil's advocate a dramatic new world COULD be in reference to the game being made 3d like x/y,

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Wll If its a full remake I do Hope we get a lot more post-game stuff and maybe like what they did with fire red and leaf green and have a new post game quest and maybe even a new region because we still have that strange souvenir so we may be able to trade it and use it in a new region. I also wander if we get steven or wallace as the champion because its a ruby&saphire remake i think it should be steven but they might go for the emerald road.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    These games better have tons of new content in addition to the standard R/S material to justify the purchase.

I don't even think it needs that much more, honestly. R/S were absolutely full of features and the new mechanics and whatnot since then introduced should be enough imo. Honestly I'm starting to feel like we should be less into introducing new things and more into making games out of the best bits of the old ones because I find that so many of the new things they put in these days is just fluff that no-one actually uses. ):

But that's just me haha.

Anywho, it's confirmed now that these are definitely re-makes, so I'm gonna edit this thread's purpose a little bit.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ruby & Sapphire already introduced a handful of fun features which stepped up from the previous generation, these are intented to be remakes of the original games which means they should be as they were 12 years ago. Adding more features would just overshadow the features that were originally introduced which would defeat the point of it being a remake of the original games. Adding the important features that were abscent from the original games such as Physical/Special Split, Seasons, Day/Night etc is fine, but they were just right other than that.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years

They will be in 3D and we know there will be a lot of new features and things that carry over from X/Y. Besides, it's been 11 years, what exactly would not justify a purchase? (Besides of course if the game is absolutely terrible, which shouldn't happen).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I lose 80% of my interest when Satoru Iwata reveal this game to a remake of 2002 game!
    Rest of My 20% interest lies in New Megevolution & New Champion .
    I really would liked a brand new story .

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • They will be in 3D and we know there will be a lot of new features and things that carry over from X/Y. Besides, it's been 11 years, what exactly would not justify a purchase? (Besides of course if the game is absolutely terrible, which shouldn't happen).

I have the original games for my Gen 3 single player needs (and even if I didn't, I could easily emulate them) and I can play them on my TV with the Gamecube Gameboy player. I have X&Y for the rare times I want to play online or use the new features such as Pokémon Amie. And, and this is just me, but 3D does nothing for me.

I want new stuff to do, new missions, new stories, a new region to discover and explore. If I want to replay the Hoenn games, I can use my old cartridges. Besides, the original games were a little poor in terms of content themselves, not as bad as X&Y, but, for instance, the post-game was barely existent. If they are going to sell the remakes at full price, they'll have to do much better than that, they had the excuse of "we're making a new engine and lots of 3D assets" when they released X&Y, they can't use it anymore.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Ruby and Sapphire has a BUNCH of things that weren't brought over to other games so I'm just happy with a remake. I haven't played them for YEARS so this will be refreshing with a tinge of nostalgia!

Sequels can wait. :)

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I lose 80% of my interest when Satoru Iwata reveal this game to a remake of 2002 game!
    Rest of My 20% interest lies in New Megevolution & New Champion .
    I really would liked a brand new story .

I'm sure GF would've lost a larger portion of the fanbase if this wasn't a remake.

People have been waiting for this--for years.

Anyways, I'm glad it's a remake. Though who didn't see it coming that it's either a new form or new Mega Evolutions :P

Back