• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Tai looks a lot better in that picture, but that could just be down to the angle. As for Agumon... he somehow looks more cutesy than he did before.

pkmin3033

...what new design? He looks slightly thinner, and his head is slightly bigger. That's it. In some ways, I find that comforting though - the kids change, but the Digimon don't. Since they're packets of data, that'd make sense. The image of Tai looks a lot like the artwork from the movies now to my eyes...which works for me.

JVS

The very best.
    Years
    What may scare me the most are the new character's design. They look so strange and different comparing to their young selfs. Either way, I am so excited for this.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I don't know. Tai sorta looks like how he appeared in 02, imo, so I'm fine with that.

About the Augumon thing, though, what's sorta freaky is that that's the exact same pose from before;
    Digimon New Series 2015 !

Side by side comparison, anyone? Aside from a few odd tweaks here and there, he's (thankfully) essentially the same Digimon Adventure Augumon of yesteryear. I was afraid in case they were gonna go with a more Data Squad-ish design. Glad to have my fears allayed anyway.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I suppose he seems like he lost a few pounds, yes. I can live with it as long as the overall animation is great.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Finally, a Digimon!

I'm indifferent to Agumon. I was to his first incarnation and I am to his current. In this style, he does look slightly more... cutesy and polished up, which is something I'm not too fond of. But I prefer the duller coloring as that yellow looked obnoxious before. So either way, eh. I personally am more excited for when he starts Digivolving into Greymon. Really want to see all that.

And Tai? I do agree he looks like he did in the movies, so it doesn't bother me either.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Thought I'd just chuck this up
    Spoiler:

Although I disagree that he looks the same in the movie. Similar, I guess sort of, but it's definitely not the same:

1st Movie

2nd Movie

The character designers are certainly different with the original movie having Akiyoshi Hongo, Katsuhiro Nakatsuru, Hisashi Nakayama and Masahiro Aizawa with Kazuto Nakazawa taking on the Revenge of Diaboromon movie. The new character designer for DigiTri is Atsuya Uki who did the designs for Tsuritama. The new digimon designs look incredibly similar to the design of Tsuritama and more similar to it that in comparison to the old movies.

Spoiler:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I wonder if Tai and the others will remember the events of Hunters, but I have a slight feeling that the writers are gonna ignore the fact that Hunters even happened.

Heck, it might even be possible that all of the old characters who returned at the end of Hunters could've been super-advanced DigiMemories or something along those lines.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I wonder if Tai and the others will remember the events of Hunters, but I have a slight feeling that the writers are gonna ignore the fact that Hunters even happened.

Heck, it might even be possible that all of the old characters who returned at the end of Hunters could've been super-advanced DigiMemories or something along those lines.

I hardly believe what happened on hunters can be considered canon for any of the Digimon spin-offs. They will just make as if it never happened (or not happened yet at least).

Meadow

Years
    I hardly believe what happened on hunters can be considered canon for any of the Digimon spin-offs. They will just make as if it never happened (or not happened yet at least).

True... it WAS weird how Tai acted like he was good friends Davis/Daisuke even though that was his 01 incarnation. For all we know, everyone could've been made out of data (or they could've just been DigiMemories).

In fact, I'm pretty sure Toei only made Hunters for the sole purpose of stalling for Saint Seiya Omega, because Xros Wars explicitly ended at episode 54.

Skip Class

Years
    Yeah I highly doubt they would remember and will probably forget about the whole hunters arc.
    There's already so much going for Tri itself in terms of bringing the original digidestined back, a whole new story to be developed and the development of the characters themselves. I think having any knowledge of what happened in Hunters would be somewhat out of sync (and will be buried) with the rest of what's going to happen. To how they ended up in the end of 02 and "how to face problems when humans and digimon come together and show the union between humans and digimon.". The introduction and cameos of original characters from the other seasons felt pretty forced and chucked in for all the old time fans.

One thing that's kinda popped up recently in my mind that I'd like to know more about and to somewhat be shown in is the digidestined and the events that happened prior to Adventure.
    It was said that their were 5 original digidestined before the eight that came in Adventure. Somewhat been intrigued by the whole theory/conspiracy that Frontier was actually a prequel to Adventure and Adventure 02. Of course, it may not be true, but I would love to see something a little more on the original 5. - Although a series or movie or something on it's own would probably suit it more I guess?

Just going to chuck these things up here which I found quite interesting on tumblr:

Digimon Adventure tri. — what we know so far
    Since the new Digimon Adventure series was announced in August 2014, the internet has been buzzing with announcements, rumors, theories, and semi-official information. Sometimes it becomes difficult to separate fact from fiction or distinguish between official information and fan speculation, especially for people who are coming back to the fandom. There's a lot of misinformation going around the web, so I think some clarity is much needed at this point.

Here are the facts we know about the new Digimon series:
    • The series will begin in Spring 2015 (a specific date or month has not been confirmed yet).
    • The plot is 'a new story' - a continuation (not a reboot) of Digimon Adventure.
    • The main characters are 8 original chosen children from the first series, who will meet at the beginning of the story.
    • Yagami Taichi is a 17-year-old High School student.
    • The series' name is デジモンアドベンチャーtri. / Digimon Adventure tri. (pronounced 'torai' or 'try').
    • Keitaro Montaga is the series director.
    • Yuuko Kakihara will handle the series composition.
    • Atsuya Uki is the character designer.
    • The series will be a TV anime.
    • 'tri.' represents the number 3, and 3 is an important keyword in the series.
    • The story will take place 3 years after the previous adventure.
    • The story will be more oriented towards adult audiences, specifically the people who watched Digimon Adventure 15 years ago but also to new viewers.
    • A clue for the new series is hidden in the final story of Digimon Adventure 02.
    • Some of the words in the final monologue are a main theme of the new series: how to face problems when humans and digimon come together and show the union between humans and digimon.

Information that has not been revealed or confirmed yet:

• The series premiere date (not even the month)
    • The series length and number of episodes
    • The timeslot and TV channel in which the series it will air
    • The cast
    • Episode names and screenwriters
    • The music (including a new composer, since Takanori Arisawa died in 2005)
    • An official synopsis
    • If the 02 protagonists will appear or not (already confirmed)
    • When the next eggs on the official website will hatch
    • What will be announced when the eggs do hatch
    Reliable sources of information are usually:

digimon-adventure.net
    Digimon 15th Anniversary official twitter account
    magazine scans, including those from V-Jump
    officially released merchandising, such as the Blu-Ray Box
    Everything else should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Meanwhile, don't forget to nade-nade so we get more official details! We're almost half-way there!

SOURCE: [x] (All the sources for what's been said have been linked)

Also more in depth speculation/ theories of what could happen for Tri which was a nice read:

Spoiler:

SOURCE: [x] [x]

Thoughts?

Meadow

Years
    One thing that's kinda popped up recently in my mind that I'd like to know more about and to somewhat be shown in is the digidestined and the events that happened prior to Adventure.
    It was said that their were 5 original digidestined before the eight that came in Adventure. Somewhat been intrigued by the whole theory/conspiracy that Frontier was actually a prequel to Adventure and Adventure 02. Of course, it may not be true, but I would love to see something a little more on the original 5.

Oh. My. God. Why did I not think of this sooner?! That pretty much almost explains everything, and I also found it suspicious that the Digital World in Frontier felt as if it had just been created. Jeez, this is like The Legend of Zelda all over again. <_<

On the one hand, it's a pun on the fact that it this the third series of Digimon Adventure. Similarly, 02 refers to the year in which the second series takes place — it is not an ordinal. Which is why it's completely wrong to call the other series "01" or "03". ETA: They probably also want to avoid any confusion with Tamers, which was known as "Digimon 3" in many markets.

Ehehehehe... I must confess that I was always guilty of using "01" when referring to the first series and its incarnation of characters. I guess it's because I'm too lazy to type up "Adventure," haha.

As it has been pointed out, the Drama CD has two notable absences: Toshiko Fujita (Taichi) and any of Takeru's voice actors. This means that either Taichi and Takeru will not appear in that story (strange, considering that Augumon and Patamon will) or that both characters might be getting new voice actors. Of course, no one knows if or how this will translate in tri. Personally, I'd love to see 14-year-old Takeru being voiced by Hirata Hiroaki, who plays Narrator/adult Takeru (and also appears in the CD Drama). As for Taichi, the creators might have decided that it was time for him to have a new (male) voice, even though Fujita's voice is very iconic. Time will tell.

Aw, darn... I'm really gonna miss Taichi's old voice, but I guess he does have to grow up, after all.

7. The music

I'm sure everyone is expecting Kouji Wada, AiM, and Ayumi Miyazaki to sing a new Opening, Ending, and Insert Song (or a new version of the old ones). Considering that they performed on the event where Digimon Adventure tri. was annouced, I imagine that their participation in the new series is a strong possibility. AiM (Ai Maeda) is also Mimi's voice actor, so she seems the most likely candidate.

Another interesting question concerns the serie's instrumental score. Adventure's original soundtrack is an iconic part of the series. Sadly, the original composer, Takanori Arisawa, died in 2005. It seems unlikely that a new composer will be able to use Arisawa's songs, so we are probably looking at a brand new original soundtrack for tri.

It's really sad to hear that the original composer died.

I'm hoping that Yamashita Kousuke (the composer of Xros Wars) will be able to work on this series' OST.

9. Daisuke, Miyako, Iori, and Ken

If and when the 02 protagonists appear, they will probably be reduced to background characters or even brief cameos. Athough 02 is not being retconned, the focus of Digimon Adventure tri. is on the original 8 chosen children. This explains why there have been zero mentions of Daisuke, Miyako, Iori, and Ken until now — and why it's unlikely that we will see any promotional materials of them.

Lots of people have questioned how tri is going to explain the absence of Daisuke & co without retconning 02. It's actually quite easy — they will simply come up with some plot point to explain why are no longer useful for the story, like they did to Taichi and the others in 02. My guess is that now that there are numerous Chosen Children around the world, they will portray the 8 original chosen as "special" in some way.

Honestly, this is for the best. Taichi and the others were shafted too hard in 02, so I don't think the 02 characters deserve to leech off any more of their screentime. Then again, Takeru and Hikari noticeably received TOO much screentime, but I guess I shouldn't let that bother me. xD

Ultimate levels for everyone not named Taichi or Yamato

Ultimate? Oh... right. The dub (and English video games) completely screwed with my mind by turning Perfect into Ultimate and Ultimate into Mega... xD

I know I'm gonna get yelled at for this, but I really hope that the concept of DigiXrosing still exists somewhere in this series, even though that would be next to impossible. xD

Skip Class

Years
    It's Spring 2015, it's obviously March. There's no need to mention the month when they mentioned cour =)

Nah, most Spring anime is released in April. In the past few Spring seasons, they usually come out on the first or second week of April. Especially since this current season started in January, everything else will be ending in March (unless of course they just do a yolo and let it show at the end of march xD) .

Oh. My. God. Why did I not think of this sooner?! That pretty much almost explains everything, and I also found it suspicious that the Digital World in Frontier felt as if it had just been created. Jeez, this is like The Legend of Zelda all over again. <_<

I guess I also found it a bit weird that they were the only non-adventure season to use DigiDestined (even if there wasn't much of a difference between what a Tamer and what a DigiDestined was except their process in digivolution and the name itself).

I know I'm gonna get yelled at for this, but I really hope that the concept of DigiXrosing still exists somewhere in this series, even though that would be next to impossible. xD

I did like the concept of DigiXros, but it would be weird for DigiXros to be in this series without questioning why the other forms of digivolution like the DNA Charge, spirit form and the D-Power scans aren't. However, of the 4, being able to DigiXros seems the most... easiest (I guess?) to put into the Adventure Universe. But Adventure 02 already had DNA digivolution and they are pretty similar on it's on so I can't really see how it would work.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Nah, most Spring anime is released in April. In the past few Spring seasons, they usually come out on the first or second week of April. Especially since this current season started in January, everything else will be ending in March (unless of course they just do a yolo and let it show at the end of march xD) .
    Most are. But considering this is Digimon and we can presume it will be more cour anime, I wouldn't be surprised if it started in March.
    So to sum it up, last week of March or first week of April, I would guess.

Meadow

Years
    I did like the concept of DigiXros, but it would be weird for DigiXros to be in this series without questioning why the other forms of digivolution like the DNA Charge, spirit form and the D-Power scans aren't. However, of the 4, being able to DigiXros seems the most... easiest (I guess?) to put into the Adventure Universe. But Adventure 02 already had DNA digivolution and they are pretty similar on it's on so I can't really see how it would work.

Hmm... I can't remember from the top of my head, but has there ever been a triple (or higher) DNA Digivolution? Because if it's limited to two Digimon, then I think DigiXros might be a good way to combine three or more... that is, IF it happens. xD

Skip Class

Years
    Hmm... I can't remember from the top of my head, but has there ever been a triple (or higher) DNA Digivolution? Because if it's limited to two Digimon, then I think DigiXros might be a good way to combine three or more... that is, IF it happens. xD

As far as I know they've only done two.
    I think the main difference between DigiXros and DNA digivolution, is that DigiXros literally takes certain and noticeable features of two/multiple digimon and merges them together.
    Like for example:
    Spoiler:

XrosUpArresterdramon (Dobermon) has Dobermon's bottom half and Arresterdramon's upper half and then being able to use Dobermon's speed with his legs.

Spoiler:

and XrosUpArresterdramon (Astamon) he obtains his Hellfire and Maverick Abilities.

DNA evolution on the other hand has features based off the two digimon, but are not always exact like a DigiXros

Imperialdramon Dragon Mode is probably the less noticeable out of them, but they take a new form which DigiXros doesn't do, and that's what I liked most about DNA digivolution in comparison. I liked DigiXros, but Arresterdramon has some pretty weird looking XrosUps xD

Im just curious to see if they'll include some new form of digivolution in general.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back