• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Digital Download or Boxed?

How will you be getting Pokémon X or Y?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm getting the boxes, and not downloading. :x I don't really trust the "download" and I'd rather just buy it tbh. Especially if you break your 3DS or something ;(

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Even if I have the opportunity to download I'll still go with the Boxed version every time, it's nice to have a collection too.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Releasing it digitally would be really awesome on Nintendo, but I'll definitely be going boxed to have something to put on my shelf with the rest of the Pokemon game boxes.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I don't buy from the eShop. You have to wait 30 minutes and if the internet cuts you have to wait again. I often pre-order from Amazon and rarely I'm just wandering in the shopping and I find an interesting game and tell my dad/mom if I can buy it. So boxed version, yeah.

Years
  • I'll be getting a physical copy. It's usually the faster option for me, as full games like this tend to take awhile to download and the Gamestop I go to isn't really that bad when a new Pokemon game comes out.

I might get the digital version of the other version at some point, though.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm definitely not downloading it. I like to be able to actually touch my games. Plus, it's pokemon so it is required. And I'd like to be able to use it on any 3DS I happen to come by. Hopefully I'll pre-order it, but we'll see about that when the time comes. I have yet to get a 3DS as it is.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm definitely sticking with the traditional boxed copy. Having a psychical box is nicer and I don't mind having to go out to buy it cause the feeling of finally holding the game in your hands is exciting. Downloading the game just doesn't feel the same.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • What can I say, I'm a sucker for collecting boxes, real instruction booklets and all that stuff that comes with games. Downloadable games still lack... something. Even if I have over a dozen Steam games, playing one doesn't feel as magic as opening a videogame box and looking at it for a bit before putting it into the console.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I would get the digital downloads but the unboxing of games (especially Pokémon and their extra goodies eg. wireless adapters etc.) is half the thrill!

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • I will always go for boxed as long as it's available. I just like the feeling of a physical box, manual, and cartridge in my hands. Plus the digital downloads have benn retail price, so it isn't really worth it, not yet at least.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love going to the store and buying a nice, wonderful, boxed copy that I can touch with my hands and put the cartridge into my 3DS. And pop it out when I'm done. Nothing beats that. Plus my mom lost the paper with our Wi-Fi password, meaning I wouldn't even be able to go to the eShop to download it anyway. And idk it feels much better to own a physical copy of a game. Like, I don't even like downloading things on Virtual Console on my Wii cause it feels weird and I feel like I should just go buy the actual game.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • I will be buying the boxed editions. I like having the feeling of a hard copy incase something weird would to happen to my 3ds and then I would loose it. I think I would die if that happened...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Boxed please. I enjoy going to the store to pick up the game and waiting anxiously on my way home to play it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Would definitely prefer buying the boxed copy. As excited as I am for the new games, it's not so much that I want to have them the very instant they're released.

Just has to be the day of. :P

Back