• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disney Music<3

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Anyone who grew up as a kid watching movies like Aladdin, Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, or The Little Mermaid on cassette and has re-watched them (Like myself) would most likely agree that Disney music is simply some of the most beautiful, emotional music ever to exist <3

Basically, discuss your favorite Disney songs and other musical things Disney related =)

Personally, my favorite song is I Won't Say I'm in Love performed magnificently by the Muses and Meg in Hercules.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I love I'm Still Here from Treasure Planet, and On My Way from Brother Bear from the more recent Disney Films..
    But songs from Aladdin and The Lion King are the BEST of the old!

chuckles

"to be honest"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    i think "one jump" from disney's aladdin is an underrated classic "to be honest" what do u guys think? ^_^

chuckles

"to be honest"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    I can't remember the name of it, but that song at the beginning of Aladdin, where he is running from the guards.

yo dont come at me sideways i just named that song not too far back at all bro

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    "One Jump" from Aladdin, "Go The Distance" from Hercules and "Part Of Your World" (especially the reprise) from The Little Mermaid are favourites of mine. I also adore the musical score of The Lion King, Mulan has epic songs (Mister I'll~ Make a maaaaan~ Out of youuuu~ >8D) and there are also songs from the aforementioned classics ("A Whole New World") which I adore.

The Tarzan soundtrack is also awesome, and I can't not mention Beauty and the Beast!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    "When You Wish Upon a Star" is apart of my Christmas playlist, even though it's not really Christmassy XD

Beauty and the Beast is a great soundtrack. As a kid I played that cassette (actually, it was probably the Broadway recording to be specific) repeatedly. Same with Aladdin.

The Lion King works if you're a kid. As adult, I'm good with Be Prepared and Circle of Life. But the rest seems cheesy. The background score, however, is terrific.

*thinks* The Jungle Book. The music is awesome in that movie. I loved it as a kid.

Also fond of some music from the Parks.

Years
    I played and sang an acoustic version of Can You Feel The Love Tonight at my cousins wedding last year.
    By request of course. I wouldnt normally.

I love all the older Disney movies and the music that goes along with them.
    I really cannot think of a bad song from any of the movies.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    Haha I Won't Say I'm in Love is my second favourite song!

I love love love Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame though! It's such an emotionally charged song!

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Oh thank Hayley, when I saw "Disney Music" I thought you meant the latest batch of pop urchins.

I love all the songs in Mulan, particularly "Reflection" and "Make A Man Out Of You". I love "One Jump Ahead" from Aladdin... "Colours of the Wind" from Pocahontas. Basically I love all the songs from the Disney Renaissance with the possible exception of "A Whole New World".

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    Haha Blue! You just made me laugh with that comment about the new Disney XD
    I think it should really be the only kind of Disney music anyone ever talks about >__>

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Colors of the Wind, A Whole New World, and Can You Feel the Love Tonight are the three I remember most from my childhood. Mostly from them playing on the radio but I knew they were from Disney movies. And I did watch a smattering of Disney movies at the babysitter's when I was young :P Mostly because her own kids watched them a lot.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Personally, my favorite song is I Won't Say I'm in Love performed magnificently by the Muses and Meg in Hercules.
    I've been reading Greek myths and started to watch Hercules and understood it. :D Anyways I also love that song. Meg has a pretty voice. ;)

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I enjoy the classic movie songs because they stir up good memories and one time, Disney was actually a good thing because I can remember what it used to be. Nowadays, my opinion of Disney has turned a complete 180 when I found out about the garbage the "new" Disney has been churning out to make a quick buck with no thought whatsoever toward the people that grew up with them years before.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    It's been such a long time since I've watched any of the older disney movies for the last time... let's see now
    I always liked the soundtracks from Hercules, The Lion King, Aladdin and You've got a friend in me from Toy Story

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I loved Disney a lot when I was younger; I even had pictures of Disney characters painted on my wall in my bedroom :3

I also love the music, my favorite song in general would be "I just can't wait to be king" from Lion King.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    A great movie to watch if your a fan of Disney music is "The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story". And I'm not going to explain who the Sherman brothers are. Because if you don't know, then you're not a fan of Disney music... or Disney in general really.

It's a great documentary full of music and nostalgia. I saw in theatres over a year ago. It's coming to DVD at the end of the month and it's already out on iTunes.

Watch it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I love the entire soundtrack for Tarzan. Probably just because it's my favourite Disney movie and I've always liked Phil Collins a whole lot.
    I also really like "I'm Still Here" from Treasure Planet and every song from The Lion King, Toy Story and Aladdin.
    I think it depends on what Disney movies you grew up watching often, because there's always so many different opinions. I was just arguing with a friend about what the best soundtrack is. xD

Ayselipera

I can sing to you the whole "I'll Make a Man Out of You" track from Mulan. :)
    no seriously.

Anyways having grown up watching Disney movies as I would suspect most other members have, a lot of different Disney songs resonate with me. I love the whole soundtrack of Mulan, Bambi, Fantasia, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Lion King, Aladdin, Pocahontas, and Hercules.

Besides those I like a few songs here and there from Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, The Sword in the Stone, Oliver & Company, and The Little Mermaid.

Surprisingly though I'm not that big of a Disney fan. I've just seen almost all of them.

Back