• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Gotcha. Should of thought deeper before I asked that. XD Would they really give Kingdra two forms though? Not from my point of view but Gamefreak's. I think they'd rather try to make a big hit by throwing two forms onto a water starter/legendary then an underrated pokemon like Kingdra. :( Two forms of Mega Suicune, anybody? :D

While we're on the general topic of two form mega evos, Politoed and Poliwrath should also get mega forms respectively. They'd sorta counterpart each other since they both come from Poliwhirl. So that would make it 'two forms' for one evolution? (sorry if that didn't make much sense, tried to explain it the best I could) :p

Also Mega Kyogre should be a thing with the release of Mega Rayquaza. What do you guys think? :)

Kingdra deserves it, he's sorta balanced in stats. One form specializing in defensive while the another as attacker. :p But yeah, he's not that popular (nowadays) because of his lacking stats and more other better Pokemon options than him therefore it's not possible for him to gain 2 Megas.

On the other hand more popular Water Pokemon like Greninja might gain 2 different Megas, in case he's gonna have Mega forms for his own.

Before they create Poliwrath and Politoed's Megas... Slowking needs a Mega too, since his counterpart has one already!

What do you mean with the Mega Kyogre one? :o Sorry I don't get it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hm... yeah, I have to agree; it'd be pretty nice to see two forms for Kingdra.

As already stated, all its stats are pretty balanced, so if it does wind up getting two mega-evolution forms, it could be playing on both offensive and defensive side of things pretty well without any sort of trouble at all. Defense-wise, though, only thing that would keep it held down is its lack of learn-able recovery moves. However, if they enable to learn more of them, it probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

Personally, I feel it would be better if it were to play physical defensively. We already have some great special walls (namely Blissey and Chansey), but kind of lack physical ones.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Kingdra deserves it, he's sorta balanced in stats. One form specializing in defensive while the another as attacker. :p But yeah, he's not that popular (nowadays) because of his lacking stats and more other better Pokemon options than him therefore it's not possible for him to gain 2 Megas.

On the other hand more popular Water Pokemon like Greninja might gain 2 different Megas, in case he's gonna have Mega forms for his own.

Before they create Poliwrath and Politoed's Megas... Slowking needs a Mega too, since his counterpart has one already!

What do you mean with the Mega Kyogre one? :o Sorry I don't get it.

It's not impossible to say the least but it's pretty unlikely. A defensive and attacking Kingdra form would be really awesome though so lets hope it happens in the next few generations. :) Hopefully he'll gain some popularity but in the mean time, I think we'll just have to hold tight for it. The best we can hope for is probably just one Mega Kingdra but I guess that's alright. Lets hope the two form idea for Kingdra will come to Gamefreak one day. :)

I'm surprised they gave it to Slowbro and not Slowking honestly. But yeah, they should probably work on that first before adding new water megas. :p

It's alright if you don't get it, haha. :p I just thought with the release of Mega Rayquaza, they should create mega evolutions for the two mascots of the game possibly? (Groudon and Kyogre) Unless that's not supposed to happen, in which case excuse the idea. But yeah mega forms for the two mascots would be nice to see. :)

Hm... yeah, I have to agree; it'd be pretty nice to see two forms for Kingdra.

As already stated, all its stats are pretty balanced, so if it does wind up getting two mega-evolution forms, it could be playing on both offensive and defensive side of things pretty well without any sort of trouble at all. Defense-wise, though, only thing that would keep it held down is its lack of learn-able recovery moves. However, if they enable to learn more of them, it probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

Personally, I feel it would be better if it were to play physical defensively. We already have some great special walls (namely Blissey and Chansey), but kind of lack physical ones.

Yep, throwing on some recovery moves to Kingdra wouldn't be a bad idea either. So far it only has Rest (from memory?) and the item Leftovers to regain health so I'm all for giving it some more moves. I also agree with the lack of psychical water-type walls, they all seem to be special attackers or just straight out special defense/semi-decent attack defense. Maybe they should buff some of the defensive stats of stuff like Swampert? Or they could create a completely new mon although that feels very unlikely seeing as it's a remake. (unless they add on an evolution to an existing family)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm surprised they gave it to Slowbro and not Slowking honestly. But yeah, they should probably work on that first before adding new water megas. :p

It's alright if you don't get it, haha. :p I just thought with the release of Mega Rayquaza, they should create mega evolutions for the two mascots of the game possibly? (Groudon and Kyogre) Unless that's not supposed to happen, in which case excuse the idea. But yeah mega forms for the two mascots would be nice to see. :)

Slowbro made its debut one generation early than Slowking. *winks* Think Mega Gardevoir and Mega Gallade, whom the latter got their Mega this year.

Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre are actually equivalent, it's just a name. :) There's a reason why it's not called Primal Rayquaza, find it at the official sites.

Alrighty, Water-members that marks the closing of the discussion on Water-type Megas (before we stray too far, but feel free to PM/VM me for this topic). ;)

Current topic discussion
    : Which real life marine animals would you like to see as a basis for new Water-type Pokémon in the future?

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • CURRENT TOPIC:
    Which Water-type Pokémon you are going to include in your ORAS in-game team?
    Walrein ive always loved it water and ice dual type is a widely used typing but walrein is just special to me.

Your nickname: Dedenne

Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon

Reason for Joining the Club: i like all types except the ones i dont like haha and i like to be active and participate in all parts.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Ohh alright. XD I haven't been following much with ORAS so I wasn't even aware that 'primal' form was a thing. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

Which real life marine animals would you like to see as a basis for new Water-type Pokémon in the future?

Either a swordfish or dolphin. Maybe even a blob of coral could be turned into something useful (not really an animal but still marine-related). There's not many sea creature resemblances that haven't been featured in a pokemon game but those were the first two that came to mind. If we could also reuse previous animals - another penguin or seal pokemon wouldn't hurt too much. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    CURRENT TOPIC:
    Which Water-type Pokémon you are going to include in your ORAS in-game team?
    Walrein ive always loved it water and ice dual type is a widely used typing but walrein is just special to me.

Your nickname: Dedenne

Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon

Reason for Joining the Club: i like all types except the ones i dont like haha and i like to be active and participate in all parts.

Welcome, welcome! Please join in our discussion. :)

Ohh alright. XD I haven't been following much with ORAS so I wasn't even aware that 'primal' form was a thing. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

Which real life marine animals would you like to see as a basis for new Water-type Pokémon in the future?

Either a swordfish or dolphin. Maybe even a blob of coral could be turned into something useful (not really an animal but still marine-related). There's not many sea creature resemblances that haven't been featured in a pokemon game but those were the first two that came to mind. If we could also reuse previous animals - another penguin or seal pokemon wouldn't hurt too much. :)

Maybe a marlin evolving into swordfish, make it Water/Steel type please. <3

Teeheehee no worries, corals belong to the kingdom of Animalia too. ;) I want a lionfish, an orca, a clownfish, flying fish, a megalodon and more~ <3

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Which real life marine animals would you like to see as a basis for new Water-type Pokémon in the future?

I gotta agree with the marlin/swordfish idea. Personally I'd like to see another shark - but more resembling a real shark than Sharpedo. Color doesn't matter, but a longer, thinner body instead of short like Sharpedo. Give it venomous fangs and the whole bit maybe?

Dedenne1

Years
  • Polypterus Senegal Dark/Water
    Frilled Shark water and maybe dragon or ghost
    Sawfish steel/water
    Sturgeon hmm idk but its gigantic!
    Sword fish steel/water
    I think a small fish that evolves into either a sawfish or swordfish woukd be cool all these could use a pokemon sprite id think theyd look cool! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One animal that instantly comes to mind is dolphin. Although we already do have a dolphin-related Pokémon in Lanturn, it doesn't exactly resemble them much, causing many fans to not even notice. If we'd gotten another that does look more like them (in terms of appearance and whatnot), I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it better. Lanturn is a great Pokémon on its own, though, and I definitely don't dislike it in any way. Personally, I feel that it's pretty cute!

Aside from that, I also agree that a swordfish Pokémon would be pretty cool. They could perhaps make it some legendary of sorts, and have it portray as the guardian of sea in whatever region that it winds up residing? I understand that there we already have Kyogre for this particular job, but I'm more than sure it wouldn't mind having an assistant, haha.

Along with above two, I'd also like to see a Pokémon based on whale. I know that there's already one, but I believe it would be great if we could perhaps have another.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Which real life marine animals would you like to see as a basis for new Water-type Pokémon in the future?
    One animal that instantly comes to mind is dolphin. Although we already do have a dolphin-related Pokémon in Lanturn, it doesn't exactly resemble them much, causing many fans to not even notice. If we'd gotten another that does look more like them (in terms of appearance and whatnot), I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it better. Lanturn is a great Pokémon on its own, though, and I definitely don't dislike it in any way. Personally, I feel that it's pretty cute!

Aside from that, I also agree that a swordfish Pokémon would be pretty cool. They could perhaps make it some legendary of sorts, and have it portray as the guardian of sea in whatever region that it winds up residing? I understand that there we already have Kyogre for this particular job, but I'm more than sure it wouldn't mind having an assistant, haha.

Along with above two, I'd also like to see a Pokémon based on whale. I know that there's already one, but I believe it would be great if we could perhaps have another.

Lanturn is more of a anglerfish turned good with a mix of dolphin wat i hope to see for a dolphin is a water and grass maybe with some leaves on its head and fins and such. A whale pokemon well we do have wailord hes pretty gigantic lol but ya there could be better ones

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Lanturn is supposed to be a dolphin? o_O I don't think it resembles a dolphin much at all. Maybe a little, but consider that its been around for 14 or so years and I've never once noticed that (and I played Gold and Crystal when they were out). So yeah, a new dolphin Pokémon please.

Dedenne1

Years
  • ~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Who thinks this may happen?
    If so which one do u think will closely resemble it?
    Do u think there will be a dual type?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I would love to see Salamanderfish, Rockfish, and Flashlight Fish with Fire, Rock, and Electric typing respectively.
    Salamanderfish as in Lepidogalaxias, Captain? A none-legendary Water/Fire would be great it's a great typing combination.

I gotta agree with the marlin/swordfish idea. Personally I'd like to see another shark - but more resembling a real shark than Sharpedo. Color doesn't matter, but a longer, thinner body instead of short like Sharpedo. Give it venomous fangs and the whole bit maybe?
    There are a lots of sharks in the real world. This is obviously a YES!

Polypterus Senegal Dark/Water
    Frilled Shark water and maybe dragon or ghost
    Sawfish steel/water
    Sturgeon hmm idk but its gigantic!
    Sword fish steel/water
    I think a small fish that evolves into either a sawfish or swordfish woukd be cool all these could use a pokemon sprite id think theyd look cool! :)
    Polypterus should be a fossil Pokémon or even a pseudo-legendary(not the likes of Salamence, Metagross etc) as in Rotom.
    Water/Ghost but an all out attacker one, as oppose to Frillish and its evolution which are mainly defensive.

Yeah Lanturn is actually a mixture of an orca and an anglerfish.

Well actually some parts of the world have similar folklore and myths, so why not a Kyogre 2.0? :)

Make this whale Pokemon either defensive or offensive, unlike Wailmer and its family which is slightly lacking in terms of competitive stats.

Lanturn is more of a anglerfish turned good with a mix of dolphin wat i hope to see for a dolphin is a water and grass maybe with some leaves on its head and fins and such. A whale pokemon well we do have wailord hes pretty gigantic lol but ya there could be better ones

Lanturn is supposed to be a dolphin? o_O I don't think it resembles a dolphin much at all. Maybe a little, but consider that its been around for 14 or so years and I've never once noticed that (and I played Gold and Crystal when they were out). So yeah, a new dolphin Pokémon please.

As I said earlier, Lanturn is a mixture of an orca and an anglerfish.

Who thinks this may happen?
    If so which one do u think will closely resemble it?
    Do u think there will be a dual type?
    Actually... We had a discussion on Mega Pokémon. I don't mind talking about it again, as long as the fellow members don't mind. :)

I want a frogfish as a Pokemon and of course there are several others 'wants' too, like ribbon eel, mimic octopus, varopius sharks and more than that hahaha! xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Oh, that's a pretty sweet idea! Perhaps they could even make it brown in color, so that its leaves go along with its body well. They don't have to make it too brown, though; just enough so that its other body parts would be suitable and whatnot.

Lanturn is supposed to be a dolphin? o_O I don't think it resembles a dolphin much at all. Maybe a little, but consider that its been around for 14 or so years and I've never once noticed that (and I played Gold and Crystal when they were out). So yeah, a new dolphin Pokémon please.

I had no idea that it was dolphin until a friend pointed it out, haha. It didn't make much sense it first, but did notice its resemblance to them afterward. It might not be based off dolphins completely, but it does noticeably share some aspects.

Years

Your nickname: PikaEeveeChu

Partner Pokemon: Lapras

Reason for Joining the Club: Water is one of my favourite types, with some of the best Pokemon.

Answer to the current topic: I think something based on a dolphin would be awesome, as you've got Wailmer and Wailord (obviously based on whales) and Kyogre (an orca), so it'd make sense to expand on that family and have a dolphin.

Dedenne1

Years

Your nickname: PikaEeveeChu

Partner Pokemon: Lapras

Reason for Joining the Club: Water is one of my favourite types, with some of the best Pokemon.

Answer to the current topic: I think something based on a dolphin would be awesome, as you've got Wailmer and Wailord (obviously based on whales) and Kyogre (an orca), so it'd make sense to expand on that family and have a dolphin.
    Welcome Lapras is indeed a cool partner ive used it in many playthroughs. Also supposebly lanturn is supposed to be based off a dolphin. (Thats like a lie am i right?) Anyways welcome enjoy the club

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've always thought of Lanturn as a brightly coloured anglerfish and nothing more. Sure, it could resemble a dolphin as well but it's like the friendly resident fish out of the whole anglerfish species. :p

Anyway since this topic is getting kinda old, how about a new one?

What do you think about water pokemon being able to battle out of the water? Does it make sense to you or not? (as in, how does Basculin fuction outside of the ocean etc.)

Could potentially be another dose of nintendo logic or something Gamefreak never really thought about. The anatomy of water types could also be different from the marine creatures we see in real life. Thoughts? :)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • What do you think about water pokemon being able to battle out of the water? Does it make sense to you or not?

If they made it so that certain Pokémon couldn't fight out of water, there would be a lot of Pokémon that nobody would use because it would render them largely useless. I'm not sure how much sense it makes, but it would be extremely impractical if that was the case. That's my take anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back