• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Grass-types have access to HP Rock/Fire/Ice along with a few other interesting moves (Earthquake, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb), allowing them to counter many threats that they face. Tangrowth and Mega Sceptile are great examples of this. See where I'm going?

Anyway, what is the general public's opinion on Manaphy? I like its design quite a bit and Tail Glow is awesome. :)

Another thing to consider is that Water-types tend to have bigger movepools than Grass-types, and the latter tends to have quite limited options unless if it's something with a dual-type. Water-types have fairly useful moves and some do learn some interesting stuff here and there.

Anyways, I have never used a Manaphy myself but I know times I used one on Showdown. It's one of only two Pokemon to learn Tail Glow naturally, and once it gets a boost off it can be quite threatening if you don't take it out fast enough. It also learns a lot of fairly good special moves which takes a huge advantage of it.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Your nickname: Rico
    Your Partner Pokémon: Feraligatr

Reason for joining the club: I find myself loving Water Pokemon thanks to the starters because I didn't notice that I usually pick all the water-type starters. It took me 5 years to notice, LOL. It's also because I can't find myself switching them out for another type, stats doesn't really bother me- I just really, really like them.
    Answer to the current topic: Why are Rock-types and Ground-types weak against Water-type moves?
    They based it on real-life, ground turns to mud making it ineffective while Rock- hmmm, how to explain this? Water erodes Rock or just makes it sink. but then steel stype would sink a lot so nada

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Your nickname: Rico

Reason for joining the club: I find myself loving Water Pokemon thanks to the starters because I didn't notice that I usually pick all the water-type starters. It took me 5 years to notice, LOL. It's also because I can't find myself switching them out for another type, stats doesn't really bother me- I just really, really like them.
    Answer to the current topic: Why are Rock-types and Ground-types weak against Water-type moves?
    They based it on real-life, ground turns to mud making it ineffective while Rock- hmmm, how to explain this? Water erodes Rock or just makes it sink. but then steel stype would sink a lot so nada

Hello, welcome aboard to Pokécommunity's official Water-type Club!

Does Totodile happened to be your very first Water-type starter?
    Were you happy with the official release of Sheer Force Feraligatr? ^_^

Nice seeing you around, please stay active! ;)

Years
  • Your nickname: Rico

Welcome aboard Rico!

Tell us about why you picked Feraligatr as your partner. Do you have some nostalgic connection to the Totodile line or does he happen to be your fave Pokemon? But I do agree that I can never find myself switching out a Water-type, because they are just so useful. I hope you can contribute to the club and answer all the topics you can!

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Hello, welcome aboard to Pokécommunity's official Water-type Club!

Does Totodile happened to be your very first Water-type starter?
    Were you happy with the official release of Sheer Force Feraligatr? ^_^

Nice seeing you around, please stay active! ;)

Why thanks for accepting me~

Haha, nope! It was Squirtle since the first game I played is after Pokemon Yellow Special Pikachu edition, was Pokemon Red! c: I just gravitate towards Water type since then, I do choose the other types when I play the Pokemon games a second time- though in the end, I still gravitate towards Water types! *q*

I'm happy with any Feraligatr but I did enjoy Sheer Force once. <3 I did have a Feraligatr with whip tail because I just lol'ed picturing it. XD

Of course~ Don't mind if I do~~! :D I'm sticking around here a lot. *u*

Welcome aboard Rico!

Tell us about why you picked Feraligatr as your partner. Do you have some nostalgic connection to the Totodile line or does he happen to be your fave Pokemon? But I do agree that I can never find myself switching out a Water-type, because they are just so useful. I hope you can contribute to the club and answer all the topics you can!

Thank you very much~!!

He happens to be my fav water Pokemon! *a* i need a mega feraligatr I did like the others, my second would be Swampert and my third is Quagsire! But my all favorite number one Water type is the Totodile line! :D And yeah, they are! Also, I like the designs and I just really fell in love! Especially Feraligatr! <3

And of course~ I will do my best to make sure I squeeze in here! xD

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Why thanks for accepting me~

Haha, nope! It was Squirtle since the first game I played is after Pokemon Yellow Special Pikachu edition, was Pokemon Red! c: I just gravitate towards Water type since then, I do choose the other types when I play the Pokemon games a second time- though in the end, I still gravitate towards Water types! *q*

I'm happy with any Feraligatr but I did enjoy Sheer Force once. <3 I did have a Feraligatr with whip tail because I just lol'ed picturing it. XD

Of course~ Don't mind if I do~~! :D I'm sticking around here a lot. *u*

Thank you very much~!!

He happens to be my fav water Pokemon! *a* i need a mega feraligatr I did like the others, my second would be Swampert and my third is Quagsire! But my all favorite number one Water type is the Totodile line! :D And yeah, they are! Also, I like the designs and I just really fell in love! Especially Feraligatr! <3

And of course~ I will do my best to make sure I squeeze in here! xD

I noticed all your top favorite Water-types are freshwater Pokémon! {XD} That inspired a new topic actually.

On to our next topic:
    Which kind of Water-type Pokémon do you prefer?
    Freshwater kinds (ponds, lakes, swamps, mire, bogs, etc),
    Marine kinds (coastal, ocean, deep sea) or other kinds of habitats?

There are Water-type Pokémon that can live in both kinds of environment, some even live in the city Vaporeon or forests like Simipour.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Ah, that's awesome, time to answer! xD

As you pointed out, which I did not notice ahaha again, I prefer the Freshwater Pokemon! :3 Feraligatr... Swampert... Quagsire... well, they charmed me a lot. XD

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • I'd go with Marine/Sea. Jellicent and Starmie live in those kinds of environment, right? Aside from Swanna, they're my top favorites - a tie! Also Lapras, that gentle pokemon that has Water Absorb(and made my 'Surf spam' tactic possible).

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm leaning towards marine because of Starmie, Clamperl family, Shellder family (cold sea) and other Marine Pokémon. Not to mention, I love the ocean in real world. But I have a lot of favorites from the freshwater as well, like the Lotad family, the Mudkip family, the Azumarill family, the Shellos family.~ Marine here. ;)

Years
  • It's hard because I actually love Water-types from both marine and freshwater environments. I do however find myself using more freshwater-based ones in playthroughs for some reason, but that doesn't stop me from using marine ones when I can. So I actually would say both, because they all have great Pokemon.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Hellooooo, I'm back! Sry guys, I've been missing for a while :(

I would say both! I love almost all water-type pokémon, and I find myself using Pokémon from both freshwater and marine environments on my team!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It's hard because I actually love Water-types from both marine and freshwater environments. I do however find myself using more freshwater-based ones in playthroughs for some reason, but that doesn't stop me from using marine ones when I can. So I actually would say both, because they all have great Pokemon.

That is a surprise! I'm totally expecting Marine from you! ^_^

Hellooooo, I'm back! Sry guys, I've been missing for a while :(

I would say both! I love almost all water-type pokémon, and I find myself using Pokémon from both freshwater and marine environments on my team!

Yeah, please stay active as possible! We don't want this ship to sink! ^_^{XD}:(
    Can you tell us who are those Pokémon? :P

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Which kind of Water-type Pokémon do you prefer?
    I would prefer both Freshwater and Marine Pokémon, because each of them are decent in their own ways, and some of them are one of my favorites (like Lapras, Finneon, Wailord, Psyduck, and more)!

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
  • Which kind of Water-type Pokémon do you prefer?
    I'm torn between the two. There are the freshwater Pokémon like Blastoise, the saltwater ones like Kingdra, and then there are those such as Gyarados who can live in both. Both places have plenty of cool Water types.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It's great to see that everyone's active! ^_^

Now on to a new topic:
    What's your favorite Water-type offensive move? What makes this move so special?

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • What's your favorite Water-type offensive move? What makes this move so special?

Mine is actually Scald. I like it because it's a quite a strong move on it's own, being base 80, with a nice chance to burn. Plus I think the concept of throwing seething hot water at the opponent is quite unique, and not something I would expect~

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • What's your favorite Water-type offensive move? What makes this move so special?

Crabhammer! With Power: 100, Accuracy: 90% (in some games, they changed it to 85%) with a high critical-hit ratio, unfortunately 10 PP unless maxed to 16. What made it special is that I remember using Crawdaunt with that move, I ko'd my opponents with critical hits thanks to that move! Lucky or no, I had a field day and I recalled puffing up and mwahaha'd at my opponents through my game screen, lol.

Good times, good times.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years

Crabhammer. Crawdaunt reaches new levels of power when it packs a Choice Band, due to Crabhammer's high BP and Adaptability.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back